Page 788 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 28868873877878478578678778878979079179279883888812881788 ... LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 28116
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, stick to the topic of this thread. Not a suggestion, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    If JL is a success, a Teen Titans movie should be the next step. A huge current market among children, a strong DCAU presence due to TT and Young Justice, and a solid hardcore fan base.
    I think it should be a Titans film with a wider age range than other versions of the team. We've already got Cyborg, who's in his mid-20s and should be the oldest. Wally and Beast Boy would be the youngest, with Dick and the rest in between. So it's a combination of teens and young adults, instead of just one or the other. If they wanted to make a movie with just teen heroes, I think Young Justice would be a better fit. Since there's no way Dick and Cyborg could still be teenagers in this continuity.

BANNED

If JL is a success, a Teen Titans movie should be the next step. A huge current market among children, a strong DCAU presence due to TT and Young Justice, and a solid hardcore fan base.
    That is exactly why they should be skipped. The hardcore fanbase, would trash anything that doesn't resemble the TT or YJ cartoons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    That is exactly why they should be skipped. The hardcore fanbase, would trash anything that doesn't resemble the TT or YJ cartoons.
    They're not trashing the JL film for not resembling other versions of the team. It doesn't even have a Green Lantern, I think we can accept a Titans film that doesnt look exactly like the shows.

Fantastic Member

They should focus on original characters and teams such as justice league dark or authority/stormwatch instead of copy paste characters such as kid flash, wonder girl and superboy.

Cyborg has nothing to do with teen titans anymore. Barry is quite young in dceu which means wally isn't even teen and there is no wonder girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    They should focus on original characters and teams such as justice league dark or authority/stormwatch instead of copy paste characters such as kid flash, wonder girl and superboy.

Cyborg has nothing to do with teen titans anymore. Barry is quite young in dceu which means wally isn't even teen and there is no wonder girl.
    Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Terra, Blue Beetle, Static, Jericho...etc Those characters aren't copy and paste JL characters and they're Titans! There's a huge desire out there for a Titans movie and that should not be ignored!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post

Cyborg was in Justice League vs Teen Titans. He can work with both teams. Wally West is too important to ignore, especially since Iris is already confirmed. He can show up as a high school student, a bit younger than college age Barry. Dick Grayson is too important to ignore either. The rest of the team can be original characters. They have all the ingredients for a Titans movie, they just need to be willing to make it.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I agree it's all about legs here. If the movie doesn't make more than 4x of its opening weekend then it's a failure because it doesn't have legs. Doesn't matter if it makes 2.5mil. Most of the revenue would just come overseas and wb could only gain back a small portion possibly less than 10%. My take is suicide squad need $1.75b to break even. That's only fair.
    You do realize I was being sarcastic,right?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    You do realize I was being sarcastic,right?
    I know. I was being sarcastic too. Lol

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I know. I was being sarcastic too. Lol
    Fair enough. Glad we are on the same wavelength heh.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The one question I have about the New Gods movie? How are they going to make it NOT look like a ripoff of MCU Thor? Since Marvel just couldn't let the Asgardians be mythological gods and just HAD to go with the "highly advanced aliens" nonsense, then how do you make New Genesis not look like MCU Asgard?
    Well the New Gods are the opposite, right? Movie Norse Gods are aliens that appear like gods, but the New Gods are actual gods who just look sci-fi because it's a contemporary manifestation.

They have so much potential, but obviously there is a very very low chance that Warner Bros of all places would miraculously be really well versed in Kirby's Fourth World and nail it. Like if you water the concept down, then yeah you'll get something that looks like Cosmic Marvel and Star Wars (both which borrowed heavily from JKFW, but aren't nearly as interesting), but if you don't, then there's so much potential that I can only dream about.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Well the New Gods are the opposite, right? Movie Norse Gods are aliens that appear like gods, but the New Gods are actual gods who just look sci-fi because it's a contemporary manifestation.

They have so much potential, but obviously there is a very very low chance that Warner Bros of all places would miraculously be really well versed in Kirby's Fourth World and nail it. Like if you water the concept down, then yeah you'll get something that looks like Cosmic Marvel and Star Wars (both which borrowed heavily from JKFW, but aren't nearly as interesting), but if you don't, then there's so much potential that I can only dream about.
    With Johns involved in the movies so much, I wonder if he can tap into some of the people who may actually get the New Gods, as you say?

I've heard people say that Grant Morrison has come the closest to recapturing Kirby's original vision for them. What do we think are the odds that Johns could convince him to at least come on as a consultant?

If not him then who else might be able to really do them justice? I've always been intrigued by the New Gods, and I really want to see this movie do well.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

I'm curious to see how Suicide Squad performs this upcoming weekend. Don't Breathe should take around $20 million and the Mechanic: Resurrection around $15 million.

With Johns involved in the movies so much, I wonder if he can tap into some of the people who may actually get the New Gods, as you say?

I've heard people say that Grant Morrison has come the closest to recapturing Kirby's original vision for them. What do we think are the odds that Johns could convince him to at least come on as a consultant?

If not him then who else might be able to really do them justice? I've always been intrigued by the New Gods, and I really want to see this movie do well.
    Walter Simonson is also another writer that did really well with Kirby's inspiration. Honestly, if Warner Bros. became very risky, the Fourth World can branch off into its own part of the Cinematic Universe with New Gods, Mister Miracle, Orion, Forever People, and more movies of their own. The great thing would be that Henry Cavill could play Superman in a lot of them since he is a recurring character in that part of the universe.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

SS has opened in Germany, Austria, Greece this weekend. The last place it's to open is Japan, in September.

afaik grant morrison is already with the dceu working as a consultant. he was (or still is) coaching ezra miller on how to portray the flash, according to miller himself.

there was an interview a few weeks ago with ezra miller where he mentioned it.

so, i would say chances are fairly high.