Page 1849 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 84913491749179918391845184618471848184918501851185218531859 ... LastLast
Results 27,721 to 27,735 of 28116
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Because he's one of the world's most recognizable fictional characters, and you can get away with producing a movie about him for what comparatively amounts to peanuts? The one thing that speaks against it from WB's point of view is that they're already having an image problem with being seen as too dark and morbid.
    That might be true, but I'm not sure how interested people will be in seeing a Joker film without the Bat involved.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I have no doubt that the Joker movie will be good. Solid team behind and in front of the camera. I know it will look good and will have great acting my big question is story and style.
    Agreed. This movie has critical success written all over it, and DC needs some of that right now!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Agreed. This movie has critical success written all over it...
    How do you figure? Barely anything is known about it, and what we do know isn't that inspiring.

Anything with Joker's name brand on it makes money
    It only makes sense that a movie about the Joker would make even more money

Astonishing Member

WB should consider doing origin movies for all of their top tier villains. Luthor, Darkseid, The Riddler, Zoom, all potential moneymakers. Be different, go the villain route as franchise starters.

The Snyder Cut is dead. Bury it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Anything with Joker's name brand on it makes money
    Not too long ago this is what was said about Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    What's this got to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's this got to do with anything?
    Henry Cavills latest comments on the subject.

I think Cavill wants to remain in the Superman role so much that he's willing to play along with any PR narrative from the studio. Remember when he said he was glad that the Superman suit in "Man of Steel" had no trunks on the outside? If they bring the trunks back in the next Superman movie, just to match the current comics, I bet he will start to give interviews saying how he's happy that the trunks are back.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

This is probably hopeless, but I really don't want them to make Shazam into a comedy. The golden age book was not making fun of the character or the world, it was genuinely earnest.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    This is probably hopeless, but I really don't want them to make Shazam into a comedy. The golden age book was not making fun of the character or the world, it was genuinely earnest.
    I think from what's been said that the movie will be whimsical and funny but also have real stakes and emotional grit, as it were.

Mighty Member

'Joker' Movie: 'Deadpool 2' Actress Zazie Beetz in Talks to Join Joaquin Phoenix

The 'Atlanta' actress is in talks to join the standalone origin movie from Todd Phillips.

Zazie Beetz is moving from absurd superheroics to a supervillain character drama.

The actress, who co-starred in Deadpool 2, is in talks to join Joaquin Phoenix in Joker, the standalone origin project from Warner Bros. and The Hangover helmer Todd Phillips.

Phoenix is portraying the DC Comics villain in a movie that is more moderately budgeted and darker than the studio’s other DC-based movies, known as the DC Cinematic Universe. The movie is also described as more a dark character study than a crime thriller, with Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy as the tonal watchwords.

While details of the Phillips and Scott Silver-penned script are being kept under wraps, if a deal makes, Beetz would play a single mother who catches the interest of the man who will become the Clown Prince of Crime.

Joker is due to begin shooting September in New York. The studio has set an Oct. 4, 2019 release date.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    It never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It never existed.
    the principal footage is there, but its unfinished it probably needs CGI editing and to be finalized in post. Time and money that I can't imagine DC ever green lighting.
    The J-man