Page 124 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 24741141201211221231241251261271281341742246241124 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Either that, or he's hinting that he got the part instead of Elba. In any case, this looks great for John Stewart's cinematic prospects, which makes me giddy!
    I'm excited too!

Tyrese also had this to say about Idris Elba:

IDRIS ELBA WAS THE FRONT RUNNER FOR JOHN STEWART BUT HAD TO PASS BECAUSE OF HIS COMMITMENT TO MARVEL.

I just want to make this clear. Even though we want Idris Elba as John Stewart, as of now, he can't take the role because of his agreement with Marvel. There is no doubt that he wants to leave Marvel and I think his contract will possibly end in 2017 with Thor 3. Tyrese has recently posted multiple fan-art pictures of himself as John Stewart with many people giving him negative remarks about it which is so unnecessary. If Tyrese might be cast as John Stewart, you MUST not criticize him and give him a chance (as you can tell, he's very serious).
    It could be that WB is probably looking for talent that's suitable for the role as John Stewart, which is why other (black) actors referenced John Stewart in interviews.

This is without a shadow of a doubt why Elba has vocally complained about Marvel lately. They're contractually locking him up with a lame role, if only to prevent him from being Green Lantern, it seems. That has got to be very frustrating for Elba.

Still! Yay for John Stewart!

This may also be why there has been no casting notice of Green Lantern yet. Perhaps WB has been trying to get Elba, but Disney has been legally stonewalling them. Also, that quote above says that WB actually has been looking for John!!!
    Last edited by Desh; 01-25-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Also, Tyrese recently met with Jim Lee, so it looks like something is up:
    http://instagram.com/p/yRL5ffoZns/?modal=true

This is without a shadow of a doubt why Elba has vocally complained about Marvel lately. They're contractually locking him up with a lame role, if only to prevent him from being Green Lantern, it seems. That has got to be very frustrating for Elba.

Still! Yay for John Stewart!

This may also be why there has been no casting notice of Green Lantern yet. Perhaps WB has been trying to get Elba, but Disney has been legally stonewalling them. Also, that quote above says that WB actually has been looking for John!!!
    Perhaps. But, remember Luthor?

Everyone was recommending Heisenberg for Lex, but WB went for Eisenberg (a lot of people are still skeptical about that. I think it could work. Anyways, we will see how it goes. I don't think they would cast him as Lex without any good reason; perhaps he impressed them in his audition as Lex).

WB/DC seems like to odd choices (and it has worked wonders for them in the past). Of course, there have also been some mistakes.

Also, Tyrese recently met with Jim Lee, so it looks like something is up:
    http://instagram.com/p/yRL5ffoZns/?modal=true
    Hmm, interesting indeed.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

I don't believe Idris can't leave Marvel for DC. It's more like he can't work for both. If he really wanted to drop out of his role as Heimdall I'm pretty sure he could just say, "screw you guys, I'm going home."

Anyways, which story lines would you like to see adapted for the cinematic universe?

I would very much like to see Infinite Crisis, well...especially the particular events before IC where part of the team wipes Batman's mind and he loses it (well, creates a satellite that stores and tracks meta humans, which is then take advantage of by Alexander Luthor and Maxwell Lord).

Doesn't have to be them, any other villain (someone with the skills/resources to pull it off - Perhaps Lex himself) should suffice.

Would also love to see a JLI film - Booster Gold, Blue Beetle (Ted), Guy, Ice, Fire and perhaps even Captain Atom Lighten up the cinematic universe a bit with this team

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Looks like Aquaman won't be blonde:
    http://batman-news.com/2015/01/27/ja...n-wont-blonde/

I really don't mind tbh, I am just glad we are getting a live action AM. I assume they toyed with the idea but it didn't turn out well?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

I really don't mind tbh, I am just glad we are getting a live action AM. I assume they toyed with the idea but it didn't turn out well?
    Not a big deal to me either.
    I personally don't think Jason Momoa would look great as blonde either
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share -- I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
    -Superman, Action Comics #775

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

I don't mind either, although Blonde AM would have been nice (since that's the version in main continuity).

I hope they adapt Throne of Atlantis story line (this time, with actual characterization).

I can understand John Stewart fans really wanting to see their favorite character on the big screen but are people actually excited about freakin Tyrese? They should get, you know, a good actor for the role. I know it probabaly won't happen but I'm still holding out hope that Idris Elba gets cast. Idris Elba and Tyrese are on opposite ends of the awesome meter.

Mamoa on AM

“It’s awesome as an actor to know what your future is going to be because I have children and I’ve busted my ass to put food on the table,” he says. “It’s awesome knowing that I’m going to be in Justice League because my son is the biggest Batman fan and my daughter loves Wonder Woman. It’ll be cool for them to see me in something because they’re not going to be watching Game of Thrones or Red Road anytime soon, but now they can see Daddy kicking ass in IMAX.”

“I’ve had to bust ass to be in this industry. A lot of things are very black and white,” he says. “Aquaman is especially cool because being a Kanaka Maoli—being Hawaiian—our Gods are Kanaloa and Maui, and the Earth is 71 percent water, so I get to represent that. And I’m someone who gets to represent all the islanders, not some blond-haired superhero. It’s cool that there’s a brown-skinned superhero.”
    Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...es-return.html

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

not some blond-haired superhero.
    A blatant and sickening display of hatred towards blonde men.

Ezra Miller on Long Term Contract - Portraying Flash on the big screen

"It's a mixed bag but I'm happy - I'm going to say I feel really happy about it in one way because the idea of actually having a steady job in my life is actually incredibly comforting. It's something I didn't necessarily think I would ever have. And then of course, there are the moments when responsibility-dodging, adolescent-me is like, 'No, I don't wan to' [laughs]. [But] that's a very small part. At this point, it's a diminishing voice. Every time I think about that reality, it makes me extremely happy. I'm really stoked and I would do it for forty years. That contract could have said anything."
    Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=114538

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Ezra Miller on Long Term Contract - Portraying Flash on the big screen

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=114538
    Miller is going to own this role. I am sure of it.

Which Flash will Miller be playing?