Page 328 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2282783183243253263273283293303313323383784288281328 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member

I'm kind of torn on the origins issue. On the one hand, seeing a hero actually transform into the person we know is awesome; that's one of the things I like about MOS over STM, since STM had him become Superman through a fairly triply and high concept brain downloading sequence.

We know you don't neccesarily need an origins story to be successful. I mean, you could argue that Batman's origin movie was the least successful in that rebooted franchise, or that Captain America: Winter Soldier was better than Captain America: the First Avenger. But having that good starting point can fuel your other films. Batman Begins set a strong and intriguing foundation for TDK and TDKR, as did Thor for the Avengers.

I guess, I'd prefer a more "in media res" version of most of the stories, but having each story showcase a major turning point in their characterization. Like, we don't need to see Wonder Woman grow up on Themiscyra all that much if her film is her entering and coming to defend Man's World. Or maybe Aquaman is a member of Atlantis's ruling elite, but his advocation for peace with the surface world and refugees of the regime comes into conflict with Orm, we see him come into his own as a revolutionary figure. I think Flash will already be established, since I can easily see Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad being disbelieved when he tries to explain how he got arrested by a red blur.

On another forum site, I posted a brief outline of what badguy's I'd like to see and how each film would cause the others in some way. I'll post that here in a bit.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

I like it too, but here's my preferences:
    BvS: Lex is main villain, survives film and now feels he needs allies. Our promo league starts to take shape, leading to an arms race of super powers.
    SS: The events depicted are a reaction against the awakening new world of magic and sorcery. Lex shows up and recruits some of the SS members.
    WW: Prequel movie ends with Ares/Circe/Cheetah reemerge in and seeking out allies, early Legion of Doom created.
    JL1: Early Legion of Doom, perhaps using Batman plans like Tower of Babel, but here excused by the events of BvS. JL is pulled together because by themselves they're vulnerable, together they can watch each other's backs, plus GL joins up as a last minute addition who the villains don't have an immediate counter for (again, I like the idea that the GLC expands its operation in 2814 because of the rise of heroes and villain, plus I think it might be a good way to make GL a surprise favorite like Hulk in Avengers). Legion defeated, but not destroyed, Libra takes over.
    Flash: Legion of Doom splinter group, the Rogues, doesn't like Legion of Doom anymore, Flash has to handle a Rogue War (maybe RF too, but considering how the TV show will have delivered two versions of the character by then, maybe try something different)
    AM: More fallout from the JL v LoD clash; Atlantean Civil War, with all sides gunning for each other, maybe Black Manta and Ocean Master make an alliance, and secure one kingdom (perhaps in the swamps) for their own while the rest fall to Aquaman's new government.
    Shazam: Maybe the Big Red Cheese doesn't just defeat Black Adam, but gets him to give the new world a chance and join the League on a probationary purpose as her rebuilds Khandaq? Make the connection be that the JL wins the recruiting war?
    JL2: Full on, all out invasion by Apokilips through the LoD. Perhaps some of the more autonomous villains actually ally with the League, some reluctantly and with an immediate eye to betrayal (Lex Luthor, looking at you). League becomes true companions, maybe loses a member.

And for the unscheduled but announced films:

MoS2 should have Brainiac, in my opinion, maybe even use him as an excuse to jumpstart the Superfamily: he's got Kara in his collections, and both John Henry Irons and Luthor get ahold of his science, the former for armor and the latter for cloning.

GLC: Part war movie, part buddy cop feature with multiple GL protagonists, both human and alien. I'd like to see a huge slice of DC space characters besides the Lantern's usual foes, like the Thangarians. I want someone like Sinestro and his corps, but most of all, I want Earth and Sector 2814 to be seen as a frontier that galactic powers are now focusing on, thus why there are multiple human lanterns.

Batman: Something big. Maybe Batfamily vs Leviathan for a film. I didn't know, but I do think that if you want to have some fun with Cyborg's movie, introduce the idea that Batman wants Nightwing to spend some time under Cyborg's care and maybe have the film be Cyborg and the Titans.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

[QUOTE=Angelo2113;1446341]Same as Scott Eastwood, I believe.

aw, I really hope he isn't deathstroke. We don't need a "pretty" terminator

Mighty Member

https://m.facebook.com/dcextendeduni...898878/?type=1

EXCLUSIVE:
    Hoyte van Hoytema ("Interstellar," "Her," the upcoming James Bond film "Spectre") is lined up to do the cinematography for WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they don't need to necessarily show the origins for the rest of the League, even though I'm sure they'll touch on them. But it's not like the origin needs to take up half the movie, and I can't see any harm in it since aside from maybe Flash or GL, the origins of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and even Shazam aren't as well known or iconic as Superman or Batman's.

With Arthur, you could start with him already as King of Atlantis or active as Aquaman, but flashback to or show his time growing up in Amnesty Bay with Arthur Curry and when he learned about his true heritage.

With Diana, it's already looking likely that we'll see flashbacks to her involvement in WWII and they might show what led to her leaving Themyscira.

Barry's origin has already been shown on a TV show, so I could see them glossing over it ala what the new Spider-Man movie is probably going to do. I expect GLC might start with John getting his ring and immediately getting inducted into the Corps.
    True. We could just have a few scenes with it, and be done (like with Batman; although with him, it's much easier since people already know about it). With Diana, we could have a few flashbacks about her arguing with her mother (about leaving for man's world), participating in the contest (if that's what they are going to do in the movies) and leaving the Island.

Of course, how they do it matters...and the timeline too. With Arthur - yeah. I think they might go with Orm being the king (if they want to go for an Atlantean invasion type story line - if not, it might be hard to portray AM as a hero, once the war is settled).

Yeah, just one scene is enough with Barry. Lightning hits him and boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Same as Scott Eastwood, I believe.

The only character that I believe will be given a true origin film is Shazam. He seems to be the only character outside of the Justice League's first incarnation. The only character that is given a solo film before Justice League is Wonder Woman but I'm not 100% sure what exactly will happen in that film. Either it will be a "past" film or it will take place during the "present." I'm leaning more towards the "present" because of Steve Trevor. I can't see any other main Justice League character in that film though. I could see Barry and Hal in one or the other's film though.
    Hmm, is that confirmed? So, he's playing a major character - Slade or Grayson? Or someone else entirely?

Well, AM could show up with WW. Each acting as ambassadors for their kingdoms (diplomatic relations b/w Paradise Island and Atlantis).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Scott Eastwood as Slade Wilson.....no. I mean if DC is willing to shell out the dollars for an all star cast in Sucide Squad u think they could get a vet to play Deathstroke. Unless Scott Eastwood is playing one of Slade's Sons in which case not bad.

as for davis wonder if that counts cameos she is the type of character that can easily drop into a lot of movies.

Also we better get a classic Batman v Wall Staredown.

The fact that current comic book Deathstroke has been de-aged is a pretty big hint that WB is going to make Slade younger. Which I'm not a big fan of as Deathstroke's age and experience are a big part of the character. He is similar to Wolverine in that he's the old war vet who has seen it all. Oh well. It could be a lot worse than Scott Eastwood.
    I hope the character takes off and becomes a major presence in the DC cinematic universe.

While I doubt the solo movies will be orgins, what with all the big 7 being established by the justice league movie, I'd be shocked if we don't at least get flashbacks of Allen getting struck by lightning, Abin Sur dying and what not.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Amazing, if true.

Probably doesn't help that Cavill's attempt to carry a movie like Man From U.N.C.L.E. failed. Obviously, Superman is a different animal, but I was hoping that movie would help him build up his own fanbase a little
    Failed is largely relative. The film was a ton of fun and he and Hammer both were hella charismatic. It's a popcorn flick.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-28-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    What do you guys think of Origin films?

Do you think we need to see them in DCEU?

Of course, most of comic nerds wouldn't need to, but what about general audience? I remember what they did with JL cartoon (I wasn't familiar with any of the characters, except for Batman and Superman), but I still enjoyed the show, without having to know the origin of each and every character (they never delved into detailed origin of each character, not even with the core team).

With Snyder and team saying things like "It's a one big story" - I am thinking..what if each movie is a link, as supposed to an origin story. A one big story with 'solo' movies focusing on a single character and his/her mythos, but at the same time, features other prominent heroes.

Sort of like Bats appearing in SS.
    I mean most of the heroes, outside of Batman and Superman, need to be established somehow with audiences. The Flash is easy since his origin is pretty simple, "uh I got struck by lightning". Green Lantern can be a bit of a mysterious presence in the JL film- this should be Earth's first real encounter with any Lantern. Shows up following a distress call, he's set. Kind of like the Hulk in Avengers even if both his films were way better than GL. Aquaman needs some sort of set up but not much. Underwater king, bam you're done. Get right into the court intrigue and the weirdness of underwater life.

Wonder Woman needs an origin film. Shazam needs an origin film. Cyborg needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Scott Eastwood as Slade Wilson.....no. I mean if DC is willing to shell out the dollars for an all star cast in Sucide Squad u think they could get a vet to play Deathstroke. Unless Scott Eastwood is playing one of Slade's Sons in which case not bad.

as for davis wonder if that counts cameos she is the type of character that can easily drop into a lot of movies.

Also we better get a classic Batman v Wall Staredown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The fact that current comic book Deathstroke has been de-aged is a pretty big hint that WB is going to make Slade younger. Which I'm not a big fan of as Deathstroke's age and experience are a big part of the character. He is similar to Wolverine in that he's the old war vet who has seen it all. Oh well. It could be a lot worse than Scott Eastwood.
    I hope the character takes off and becomes a major presence in the DC cinematic universe.
    Yeah, it's certainly possible. Although, they haven't de-aged him in any other media.

I do wonder - Is WB planning to bring his dad in, for directing one of these films? (I am not awfully familiar with Clint Eastwood's films).

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    While I doubt the solo movies will be orgins, what with all the big 7 being established by the justice league movie, I'd be shocked if we don't at least get flashbacks of Allen getting struck by lightning, Abin Sur dying and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I mean most of the heroes, outside of Batman and Superman, need to be established somehow with audiences. The Flash is easy since his origin is pretty simple, "uh I got struck by lightning". Green Lantern can be a bit of a mysterious presence in the JL film- this should be Earth's first real encounter with any Lantern. Shows up following a distress call, he's set. Kind of like the Hulk in Avengers even if both his films were way better than GL. Aquaman needs some sort of set up but not much. Underwater king, bam you're done. Get right into the court intrigue and the weirdness of underwater life.

Wonder Woman needs an origin film. Shazam needs an origin film. Cyborg needs one.
    Flash and GL - I think those two can get away with 1-2 flashback scenes (heck, with GL it's as simple as showing someone receiving a ring - doesn't have to be a human though. Perhaps, an end credit scene?).

Yeah, characters like WW and Shazam might need a more fleshed out origin story (I think with Shazam, there's real potential - to increase his popularity within kids, where it used to be).

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

I just noticed this:

When Zod removes his armor, part of it floats in the air (hand armor in particular). I think the armor also has some 'powers' (maybe because it's made of Kryptonian material).

Do you guys think that we will see that later down the line? Perhaps Lex uses this to design his suit (allowing him to receive enhanced abilities - like limited flight?).

Or maybe the government will get hold of it, and create their own superheroes.

They could even bring in Steel into it (he gets hold of it and designs his suit).

Margot Robbie on Jared Leto’s Joker

What he’s doing with the character is so cool. At first it was kind of confronting (to be up close) but now I’m so used to it, I think if I ever saw him out of makeup now I would be really confused. Actually, I saw him out of makeup once and I was actually petrified of him. I was too scared to go up and didn’t know who that person was, and when he got back into his makeup I was far more comfortable.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...squad#/slide/1

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I just noticed this:

When Zod removes his armor, part of it floats in the air (hand armor in particular). I think the armor also has some 'powers' (maybe because it's made of Kryptonian material).

Do you guys think that we will see that later down the line? Perhaps Lex uses this to design his suit (allowing him to receive enhanced abilities - like limited flight?).

Or maybe the government will get hold of it, and create their own superheroes.

They could even bring in Steel into it (he gets hold of it and designs his suit).
    I always thought that it was because kryptonians when they fly alter gravity around them. Something similar happens with the snow when Superman starts skyrocketing.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

That would be a real coup, Hoytema is easily one of the two or three greatest cinematograhphers working today.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I like it too, but here's my preferences:
    BvS: Lex is main villain, survives film and now feels he needs allies. Our promo league starts to take shape, leading to an arms race of super powers.
    SS: The events depicted are a reaction against the awakening new world of magic and sorcery. Lex shows up and recruits some of the SS members.
    WW: Prequel movie ends with Ares/Circe/Cheetah reemerge in and seeking out allies, early Legion of Doom created.
    JL1: Early Legion of Doom, perhaps using Batman plans like Tower of Babel, but here excused by the events of BvS. JL is pulled together because by themselves they're vulnerable, together they can watch each other's backs, plus GL joins up as a last minute addition who the villains don't have an immediate counter for (again, I like the idea that the GLC expands its operation in 2814 because of the rise of heroes and villain, plus I think it might be a good way to make GL a surprise favorite like Hulk in Avengers). Legion defeated, but not destroyed, Libra takes over.
    Flash: Legion of Doom splinter group, the Rogues, doesn't like Legion of Doom anymore, Flash has to handle a Rogue War (maybe RF too, but considering how the TV show will have delivered two versions of the character by then, maybe try something different)
    AM: More fallout from the JL v LoD clash; Atlantean Civil War, with all sides gunning for each other, maybe Black Manta and Ocean Master make an alliance, and secure one kingdom (perhaps in the swamps) for their own while the rest fall to Aquaman's new government.
    Shazam: Maybe the Big Red Cheese doesn't just defeat Black Adam, but gets him to give the new world a chance and join the League on a probationary purpose as her rebuilds Khandaq? Make the connection be that the JL wins the recruiting war?
    JL2: Full on, all out invasion by Apokilips through the LoD. Perhaps some of the more autonomous villains actually ally with the League, some reluctantly and with an immediate eye to betrayal (Lex Luthor, looking at you). League becomes true companions, maybe loses a member.

And for the unscheduled but announced films:

MoS2 should have Brainiac, in my opinion, maybe even use him as an excuse to jumpstart the Superfamily: he's got Kara in his collections, and both John Henry Irons and Luthor get ahold of his science, the former for armor and the latter for cloning.

GLC: Part war movie, part buddy cop feature with multiple GL protagonists, both human and alien. I'd like to see a huge slice of DC space characters besides the Lantern's usual foes, like the Thangarians. I want someone like Sinestro and his corps, but most of all, I want Earth and Sector 2814 to be seen as a frontier that galactic powers are now focusing on, thus why there are multiple human lanterns.

Batman: Something big. Maybe Batfamily vs Leviathan for a film. I didn't know, but I do think that if you want to have some fun with Cyborg's movie, introduce the idea that Batman wants Nightwing to spend some time under Cyborg's care and maybe have the film be Cyborg and the Titans.

Lots of interesting ideas, but I would like the movies to be less interconnected than that. A shared myhtology can become an albatross around the neck of fictional realms that are strong enough to sustain themselves. Stuff like Cyborg and might need all the assistance it can get, but I don't see the need to bog down the rich mythology of The Flash or Green Lantern with references to ultimately unrelated stories and characters.