At this point I don't think a Robin movie is out-of-the-question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say this was the final nail in the coffin, but the DCEU's coffin has already gotten several final nails. They're just hammering final nails as they please now.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I gotta admit I'm dubious.

Scorsese? Surely he's got better things to do? I mean don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see him do this, but I have a hard time believing he'd go for it unless he's a huge Batman fan and has had this on his Bucket List for a long time.

That alone makes this hard to believe. WB making a Joker movie? Sure. Them getting him to direct? I have my doubts.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Scorsese? Surely he's got better things to do? I mean don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see him do this, but I have a hard time believing he'd go for it unless he's a huge Batman fan and has had this on his Bucket List for a long time.

That alone makes this hard to believe. WB making a Joker movie? Sure. Them getting him to direct? I have my doubts.
    I admit, the idea of the director behind one of the most prolific gangster movies directing a film about the Clown Prince of Crime would be extremely surreal .

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

He's a producer, not director. Focusing on that detail of the story is like focusing on the taste of cyanide after you've ingested it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'd say this was the final nail in the coffin, but the DCEU's coffin has already gotten several final nails. They're just hammering final nails as they please now.
    Wonder Woman smashing several glass ceilings and her RT score beg to differ...

BANNED

Kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    as long as I get some Cassandra Cain flavor in the future son)!
    Never gonna happen, but it would obviously have the potential to be the greatest movie ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    What is the actual age difference between Cassandra and Barbara?
    Pre-Flashpoint, Cass went from 17 to 20, while Barbara was in her late 20's/early 30's.

Nowadays, Cass is 16/17, and FakeBabs is in her early 20's.

Mighty Member

The article brings out that he'll co-produce not direct. Todd Phillips will direct.

BANNED

As long as it isn't Tim.

I wonder if they're going to keep Leto or use Flashpoint as an excuse to reboot Joker with this film?

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Who will be the villain in the Alfred solo film that takes place outside of DCEU canon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wonder Woman smashing several glass ceilings and her RT score beg to differ...
    Yep, they made 1 good movie after 3 disappointments, meaning the avalanche of questionable ideas they have planned are all going to turn out great!

A Joker origin movie seems so counter productive. There is so much else that needs set up and developed in the DCU and Joker isn't something that needs so much fleshing out, but I guess this might be an elseworld's story.

Zero chance of this unless it is Damian. I still think DC/WB is scared and ashamed of the Robin identity because of the poor 90s Batman movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    As long as it isn't Tim.
    They're obviously not gonna use Steph, Dick is confirmed as going to be Nightwing, and Jason is dead. Unless they do a movie set in the past, a Robin movie would have either Tim or Damian. And since Damian's whole appeal comes from him being a kid, and this isn't Kick Ass so like Hell are they going that route, that leaves Tim.

Mighty Member

I wonder if they're going to keep Leto or use Flashpoint as an excuse to reboot Joker with this film?
    The Flashpoint reboot is definitely an option but I have the feeling Leto is done as Joker either way. He was very unhappy about how much he was edited out of Suicide Squad. I also have the feeling that the Batman will be Affleck's last as Batman. I'd be genuinely shocked if it wasn't. I think we are slowly moving away from Snyder's vision of the DCEU and more towards Johns' vision.