One post removed

I get that everyone can get heated on these type of discussions, but lets not call each other dumb for having an opinion.

If you feel its wrong, spend time to explain why without insulting the intelligence of the person you are talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Great O.G.U.F.O.O.L. View Post
    Marvel really just did simple things. First introduced the characters in solo adventures before the team up, just like it happened in the comics. Did Civil War only after the heroes had some adventures under their belts. And no weird mashups like "Let's do Civil War and the Kree-Skrull War in one film".
    The Arrowverse did the same thing with Crisis on Earth-X. Marvel gets it. The people who make the DC TV shows get it. Only the DC movie division is clueless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#6458ce561e0f

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Arrowverse did the same thing with Crisis on Earth-X. Marvel gets it. The people who make the DC TV shows get it. Only the DC movie division is clueless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#6458ce561e0f
    More accurately, WB executives didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    But my favorite Mad Lex was Sherman Howard from the Superboy tv series he could play crazy at times.
    Ah, childhood memories! That series isn't as good as I remembered it as a kid but Howard's Luthor was one of its most memorable parts.

If the Avengers with characters that were barely known until the movies came could make 623 domestically, then say instead there was no MCU and instead we got a buildup of Superman, Batman and Green Lantern then the Justice League in 2012/2013. They could have made much more. The Dceu made an opening day of over 60 mil on there second and third tries. Just look at the potential WW showed.

But here we are. A bunch of wasted potential and polarizing movies later. I'm not expecting Aquaman to be complete garbage but I don't think we'll hear praises like from Logan, Thor or Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Fast forward to around 20 minutes. He is pissed!

They should just kill the universe, I love what they have done but the majority don't. The JLA film is barely making money which is mind blowing, they screwed up. Complete the WW trilogy and see how it goes with the Aquaman and Captain Marvel films, if they have success then give those two characters a trilogy too but when it comes to a shared universe? It's done, it's death for now. If only WB would have done it first (and they had all the time in the world) then they wouldn't be in this situation, now no matter what they do, it's going to get compared to the MCU films. If people want the DCEU to die so much then by all means let them have what they want, kill it and wait until the MCU films lose their "magic", Feige and co. can say all they want about how it can go on forever, it won't. Nothing last forever. When the time comes and people are finally over themselves with how these characters should or shouldn't be portrayed, make the shared universe again.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    They should just kill the universe, I love what they have done but the majority don't. The JLA film is barely making money which is mind blowing, they screwed up. Complete the WW trilogy and see how it goes with the Aquaman and Captain Marvel films, if they have success then give those two characters a trilogy too but when it comes to a shared universe? It's done, it's death for now. If only WB would have done it first (and they had all the time in the world) then they wouldn't be in this situation, now no matter what they do, it's going to get compared to the MCU films. If people want the DCEU to die so much then by all means let them have what they want, kill it and wait until the MCU films lose their "magic", Feige and co. can say all they want about how it can go on forever, it won't. Nothing last forever. When the time comes and people are finally over themselves with how these characters should or shouldn't be portrayed, make the shared universe again.
    It's going to hurt DC more if you kill it.

The overall cast is good, they are on the right track, the worst idea is to kill it now.

Yeah, shutting down the DCEU won't do anything. The audience loves the cast, that's just not enough cause they want a good film, too. WW proved people are more than willing to give WB the benefit of the doubt whenever they actually happen to handle things the right way.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-30-2017 at 06:27 PM.

I really really hope Faora/Antje Traue could come back and have a fight against WW.

They aren’t going to shut the DCEU down or reboot but the shared universe concept is shelved for now. There will just be solo flicks for the foreseeable future. Which is funny because this was WB’s original plan when they wanted to do Justice League: Mortal. They were going to do the team up and then focus on the solo spin off films.
    Maybe in another 10 years we can get Justice League 2 if the superhero movie craze hasn’t died off. If (and it’s a huge IF) they can make Aquaman, Shazam, and Deathstroke fan favorites the way Marvel has with their mid tier characters maybe they can generate enough buzz for an Infinte War-like film. Maybe do a proper Crisis.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-30-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, shutting down the DCEU won't do anything. The audience loves the cast, that's just not enough cause they want a good film, too. WW proved people are more than willing to give WB the benefit of the doubt whenever they actually happen to handle things the right way.
    If audiences are loving the cast why aren't they coming? I can't ever imagine that a Justice League film. I mean Justice League film with some of the greatest and most popular heroes of all time can't earn more then 100 million dollars in the opening weekend. Can you imagine a film with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman get such dismal numbers? So, 93 million dollars equivalent people came to watch in the opening weekend. Its loud and clear. People don't love the cast. Except for Gal Gadot i guess. But man even she couldn't help the film breach a 100 million. Its saddening. But the people have made it clear.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-30-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    If audiences are loving the cast why aren't they coming? I can't ever imagine that a Justice League film. I mean Justice League film with some of the greatest and most popular heroes of all time can't earn more then 100 million dollars in the opening weekend. Can you imagine a film with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman get such dismal numbers? So, 93 million dollars equivalent people came to watch in the opening weekend. Its loud and clear. People don't love the cast. Except for Gal Gadot i guess. But man even she couldn't help the film breach a 100 million. Its saddening. But the people have made it clear.
    There's a difference between being soured on WB and not liking the cast. Everyone knew about the chaos behind the scenes during JL's entire production, combine that with the critical failures of BvS and SS, where people were once again fully aware of how WB ended up handling both productions, then finally add JL's critical reception and you can see why people chose not to show up for it. They can love the cast but they are not idiots and can only be forgiving for so long if you keep jerking them around over and over again. It's the same reason I saw the movie only once. I planned to go see it again the following weekend but I chose not to because I saw the studio messed up once again. I'm not going to keep throwing my money at them just because I'm a DC fan and I love the cast. It doesn't mean I want them to shut down the DCEU, they absolutely shouldn't, I just wish for them to stop making these bone-headed decisions. If they start making consistently good movies and they consistently keep flopping, that would be an indication that the brand could be damaged beyond repair.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-30-2017 at 07:41 PM.

There's a difference between being soured on WB and not liking the cast. Everyone knew about the chaos behind the scenes during JL's entire production, combine that with the critical failures of BvS and SS, where people were once again fully aware of how WB ended up handling both productions, then finally add JL's critical reception and you can see why people chose not to show up for it. They can love the cast but they are not idiots and can only be forgiving for so long if you keep jerking them around over and over again. It's the same reason I saw the movie only once. I planned to go see it again the following weekend but I chose not to because I saw the studio messed up once again. I'm not going to keep throwing my money at them just because I'm a DC fan and I love the cast.
    Actually the audience score was ok, the movie itself wasn't that bad really.

There's a difference between being soured on WB and not liking the cast. Everyone knew about the chaos behind the scenes during JL's entire production, combine that with the critical failures of BvS and SS, where people were once again fully aware of how WB ended up handling both productions, then finally add JL's critical reception and you can see why people chose not to show up for it. They can love the cast but they are not idiots and can only be forgiving for so long if you keep jerking them around over and over again.
    People in general don't know and don't care for such things. The online fan community knows about this. Most of the people wouldn't even know about Snyder and Whedon issues. Do people in general remember the names of directors unless they are some big names like Nolan?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Actually the audience score was ok, the movie itself wasn't that bad really.
    Its Cinemascore is B+. The same as Suicide Squad. The same as Fifty Shades Darker. It was brought to the second spot by Coco in its second weekend. It earned 40 million dollars in its second weekend. In comparison WW, Ragnarok and Homecoming each earned about 55 million dollars and more. This in Thanksgiving weekend with hardly any competition.

I don't want to say this. Its heartbreaking. But its the truth.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-30-2017 at 07:41 PM.