Page 102 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 28116

Justice League is coming out in November? That's lame. That movie screams summer blockbuster. Something about those big superhero movies coming out in late Spring/early Summer makes it more fun. I guess it goes back to the feeling you used to get when summer vacation started.

Soooo happy Wonder Woman will get a solo movie before Captain Marvel. Diana is a cultural icon and shouldn't be overshadowed by this upstart.

Talking to casual fans about these superhero movies there is far less excitiment about the DC movies than the next phase of Marvel flicks. Marvel has that "cool" and "fun" factor that only Batman has for DC. But people aren't really excited about Batman this time around because they're still harping over Affleck's casting. Still tons of people pissed about Gadot's casting too. Then I bring up Aquman and the anger turns to laughter as he's still seen as a joke. DC/WB have their work cut out for them. I think it also seems worse because the Marvel Zombies are some of the most vocal fans out there.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-28-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Talking to casual fans about these superhero movies there is far less excitiment about the DC movies than the next phase of Marvel flicks. Marvel has that "cool" and "fun" factor that only Batman has for DC. But people aren't really excited about Batman this time around because they're still harping over Affleck's casting. Still tons of people pissed about Gadot's casting too. Then I bring up Aquman and the anger turns to laughter as he's still seen as a joke. DC/WB have their work cut out for them. I think it also seems worse because the Marvel Zombies are some of the most vocal fans out there.
    Well this will be the first time for a lot of DC superheroes on the big screen, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman. Marvel has had a headstart and what they have done very well is market their movies as apart of a brand, you know what you are getting with Marvel movies, that is why even a relatively obscure franchise GotG can blow up the way it has using the Marvel model.

A lot hinges on BvS, if it can get the ball rolling for DC and sell audiences these characters it will go a long way towards establishing something which can compete with Marvel. In that sense Batman and Superman aren't nearly as important as these new takes on Aquaman and WW etc. Bats and Supes will always sell its the next tier of characters who need a big push.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Predator JP View Post
    it's gonna be a interesting 5 years.

2016:
    March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
    August 5: Suicide Squad

2017:
    June 23: Wonder Woman
    July 28: Thor: Ragnarok
    November 3: Black Panther
    November 17: Justice League

2018:
    March 23: The Flash
    May 4: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
    July 6: Captain Marvel
    July 27: Aquaman
    November 2: The Inhumans

2019:
    April 5: Shazam
    May 3: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
    June 14: Justice League 2

2020:
    April 3: Cyborg
    June 19: Green Lantern
    This schedule messes with me a little. When I look and see the Captain Marvel movie is scheduled for for July 6, 2018, I immediately think of the original Captain Marvel (Shazam) until I look further down and see the actual Shazam movie is scheduled for 2019.

huh, WB really messed up when they turned down Joss Whedon didn't they?
    Though I have a few problems with Marvel's phase 3.

Thor 3 : Ragnarok It's the end of the world but there's 4 movies after it? Ragnarok my ass. Irrelevant

Black Panther This one needs a change in date, It does not deserve to be Over Shadowed by the Justice League. Mahvel please

Also, I like that Marvel already had their counter for Wonder Woman (Ms Marvel). It really seems they respect their (biggest)competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator JP View Post
    it's gonna be a interesting 5 years.

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:
    It doesn't include the Fox or Sony films
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

If all 4 movies do well in 2017....2021 is going to be flipping crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It doesn't include the Fox or Sony films
    It doesn't include Civil war and Doc strange for 2016 either.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualNoobler View Post
    It doesn't include Civil war and Doc strange for 2016 either.
    I was wandering why 2016 had no Marvel films
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

my bad, here it is.

2016:
    May 6: Captain America: CivilWar
    November 4: Doctor Strange

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020:

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I was wandering why 2016 had no Marvel films
    Every one has to take the year off so they can pay RDJ for future appearances

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Justice League is coming out in November? That's lame. That movie screams summer blockbuster. Something about those big superhero movies coming out in late Spring/early Summer makes it more fun. I guess it goes back to the feeling you used to get when summer vacation started.

Soooo happy Wonder Woman will get a solo movie before Captain Marvel. Diana is a cultural icon and shouldn't be overshadowed by this upstart.

Once the images of Ben in the batsuit came out, people have been pretty excited. Plus, his performance in Gone Girl reinforced his acting chops. Getting Ben as Batman was pretty big.

.... waitaminute, about this Cyborg film: I have no idea how to do a solo Cyborg story because I've only seen him as part of a team.

But wasn't the New 52 origin of the Metal Men tied in with Cyborg? Wasn't there even a rumor about a Cyborg and the Metal Men comic series in the cards? Hasn't there been a Metal Men movie supposedly in development for years? Aren't Geoff Johns and Dan Didio huge Metal Men fans? Could the Cyborg solo film actually be a Cyborg and the Metal Men film!?!

... I pulled this all out of my ass, but I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    .... waitaminute, about this Cyborg film: I have no idea how to do a solo Cyborg story because I've only seen him as part of a team.

But wasn't the New 52 origin of the Metal Men tied in with Cyborg? Wasn't there even a rumor about a Cyborg and the Metal Men comic series in the cards? Hasn't there been a Metal Men movie supposedly in development for years? Aren't Geoff Johns and Dan Didio huge Metal Men fans? Could the Cyborg solo film actually be a Cyborg and the Metal Men film!?!

Its Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post

a Cyborg movie is a chance to introduce all the robotic/scientific aspects of the DCU kinda like how Dr. Strange will introduce the magical elements of the Marvel universe. the Metal Men and Dr. Magnus would be great supporting characters. Red Tornado would be cool as well. and maybe there'll be some mention of a certain former race car driver whose brain was put into a robot body by the mysterious Dr. Niles Caulder!
    Brother Eye would be a pretty good villain for a Cyborg movie. Vic as the good side of technology and Brother Eye as an example of technology run amok.
    lots of great potential in introducing the Red Room and other hidden experiments of STAR Labs and ARGUS.
    i would also love to see Cyborg crossover with Shazam or team up with Beast Boy. allow him to have some fun with the younger heroes.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-28-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

The Metal Men are probably going to become Cyborg's supporting cast.