Page 12 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I never said it was impossible...just said it would be messy, and more work further down the line.

Yes, I would love a really fleshed out universe (Earth 1 or Earth Prime)..and I think that's what we are going to get with MOS and the sequels (BvS and JL movie).

They don't need to connect it to Arrowverse to flush it out...they can do that with the other movies.

It's not as easy as that...in comics, you can always retcon everything....not all villains in Arrow are awesome (or as Badass) as their comic counterparts (Count Vertigo....Deadshot? Although Deadshot's character is improving).

The problem is that they would have to use that specific version of the character (if they were to connect...and they probably would have to get the same actors to play it. Well, they don't have to, but I can imagine all the outcries if they don't, especially if it's an important character).

How is it rare if your competitor does it?

Yes, it's a lot easier to just copy Marvel's strategy and improvise upon it...but, DC isn't doing that. They are doing it their own way....Personally I prefer that to copying.

Oh, and just because Marvel had success with it doesn't mean other companies will enjoy the same success.
    Just wanted to point out that within the boundaries of TV and movies, having characters cross over is extremely rare. We don't get to see Rambo meet the Terminator (although they did manage Freddy vs Jason). I'm not just talking about super-hero movies. And while I understand you might prefer they do their own thing, surely the fact that Marvel did it first wouldn't stop you from enjoying the end product? Like you would avoid a Justice League movie JUST BECAUSE it was copying what Marvel did?

And sure, DC could manage to screw it up, but the pretty much the foundation for being successful is looking at what another successful entity did and do the same thing as much as you can. That's like saying that one athlete shouldn't try to play his position like another very successful pro athlete. Do what works, make your money.

At the end of the day, for me, the good of tying it together outweighs the bad, and with most of the reasons people give why it wouldn't, there's usually some example in comics or in other franchises where they'd done something similar and been successful with it. I think DC isn't doing it because that extra bit of effort is more than they care to put into it. What they are doing is certainly the easier way of doing it, even if they are leaving money on the table.

Connecting movies and TV shows is unnecessary. Even in the comics, they technically take place in the same universe but is Wonder Woman in her title anything like in the Justice League? Having multiple takes of different characters would be great imo and TV creators wouldn't have to change their plans and stories based on what's going on in the movies. I like Marvel's plan but that's not the only way to do it. At the end of the day, I just want good movies and good TV shows. It doesn't matter to me whether they are connected or not

Schmoes know Exclusive Interview with Lex Luthor!

Speaking to the Schmoes about the script for the still untitled sequel (BATMAN VS SUPERMAN), Mr. Eisenberg told the Schmoes he was very impressed with the script, saying it was a GREAT script; which ultimately led to him taking on the iconic role......Mr. Eisenberg will begin filming in exactly one month from now.

On the internet firestorm that followed after Jesse Eisenberg was cast, the Schmoes were able to get his take on the “controversy”. In a nutshell, Mr. Eisenberg stays far away from the internet and with it, the comments that take personal shots at the actor himself. He mentioned that he doesn’t care about what people say about him or his casting. He doesn’t read that kind of stuff instead, opting to focus on the character, the prep and the script only and not what people think of him.
    Source: http://schmoesknow.com/exclusive-int...uperman/22985/
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Just wanted to point out that within the boundaries of TV and movies, having characters cross over is extremely rare. We don't get to see Rambo meet the Terminator (although they did manage Freddy vs Jason). I'm not just talking about super-hero movies. And while I understand you might prefer they do their own thing, surely the fact that Marvel did it first wouldn't stop you from enjoying the end product? Like you would avoid a Justice League movie JUST BECAUSE it was copying what Marvel did?

And sure, DC could manage to screw it up, but the pretty much the foundation for being successful is looking at what another successful entity did and do the same thing as much as you can. That's like saying that one athlete shouldn't try to play his position like another very successful pro athlete. Do what works, make your money.

At the end of the day, for me, the good of tying it together outweighs the bad, and with most of the reasons people give why it wouldn't, there's usually some example in comics or in other franchises where they'd done something similar and been successful with it. I think DC isn't doing it because that extra bit of effort is more than they care to put into it. What they are doing is certainly the easier way of doing it, even if they are leaving money on the table.
    Of course, not.

But, yeah, as you pointed it out, I would prefer them to not connect everything (plus, it gives an opportunity to set different tones for other characters, characters like Shazam). It seems like DC/WB is going with the realistic take on their characters...if that's the case, we probably wouldn't say comic counterparts of many DC characters (We will get something adapted).

I do love that...Adapted material is a different take on the character, but I also want to see comic book version (or something close to it) of the characters.

I want to see a fun movie with Shazam (not sure if that's possible in DC's realistic world). It's going to be a drastic change (although they can set it up slowly...by making SvB and JL movie lighter).

Of course, there is no harm in copying...but the problem is, Marvel set it up so that they can connect everything. DC on the other hand has already put in a lot of work without planning to connect it (as far as we know).

Yes, they can still do it, with more work on their part (although I prefer them to invest that effort/time into making other movies - a WW movie, an AM movie and so forth, rather on trying to connect everything).

Of course, it will also save them a lot of effort, if they are planning to bring Green Arrow to JL (unlikely though). Flash on the other hand is something we gotta see.

Yeah, I do get your points and to an extent, I agree. But, overall, I prefer them to not connect everything.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Connecting movies and TV shows is unnecessary. Even in the comics, they technically take place in the same universe but is Wonder Woman in her title anything like in the Justice League? Having multiple takes of different characters would be great imo and TV creators wouldn't have to change their plans and stories based on what's going on in the movies. I like Marvel's plan but that's not the only way to do it. At the end of the day, I just want good movies and good TV shows. It doesn't matter to me whether they are connected or not
    That is also a great point.

Same goes for Batman. In JL, Batman is more badass (although in the new 52 universe, he is less knowledgeable and more human).

Not long now!! Can't wait for Batman&WonderWoman costumes, by our favorite designer
    Micheal Wilkinson via Twitter

BncsTOSCYAAl99e.jpg

And here's a very brief peek at the new Batmobile. Supposedly a full shot tomorrow.

Were gonna be teased with these sneak peaks for the next two years.Sigh.

BANNED

Micheal Wilkinson via Twitter
    Sry man but 4 posts in a row? That could already count as spamming. You guys need to learn to use the Edit button. Seriously. Isnt this regulated on this website by the mods? On other forums even double posting is actually prohibited. And 4 short posts in a row is a bit extreme and really clogging up the thread IMO. There is a reason why multiple postings in a row is forbidden on most forums. I am kinda surprised that the mods seem to allow that on these forums. I mean this is a discussion thread not a chatbox.

All-New Member

A double post is when someone repeats a post accidentally. Spamming is when a person repeats the same thing over and over. Neither are when someone posts two entirely different things one after the other. Why does it matter to you? If it was one post there'd still be the same amount of information there. Each post is a separate entity.

I'd understand slightly if they had an annoying signature gif or something that took up a lot of room every post but they don't. Get over it.

Arrow Finale New Trailer & Flash First Look

I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    Sry man but 4 posts in a row? That could already count as spamming. You guys need to learn to use the Edit button. Seriously. Isnt this regulated on this website by the mods? On other forums even double posting is actually prohibited. And 4 short posts in a row is a bit extreme and really clogging up the thread IMO. There is a reason why multiple postings in a row is forbidden on most forums. I am kinda surprised that the mods seem to allow that on these forums. I mean this is a discussion thread not a chatbox.
    God get over yourself
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Sweet! Roy with a mask and bow and also the Suicide Squad is showing up! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sweet! Roy with a mask and bow and also the Suicide Squad is showing up! Can't wait!
    And League of Assassins