All the John Cena talks crack me up lol. I just imagine him doing this in the movie

Superhero shows are trash

I'm still a little annoyed that The Rock isn't just being Shazam.

He'll be fine as black adam but he's got great comedic chops and I think he could nail the superhero BIG vibe that this movie needs.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Having watched The Handmaiden... Chan-wook Park would make a great director for a Catwoman movie (or Gotham City Sirens) if only he were interested. The Handmaiden features a catwomanesque character, kinda undercover in a mansion she plans to rob. Sets and costumes are beautiful photographed. A pipe dream, I know.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

And there it is: Warner Bros plotting for future Batman that isn't Ben Affleck.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/21/b...fleck-leaving/

Zack Snyder is so god damn stupid. How the hell was he allowed to cast a Batman that old in the first place?!? Does anyone over there have any ounce of foresight? Now we're going to have a DCEU without Bruce Wayne. Wonderful. So glad we got the terrible adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns (not really).

BANNED

CALLED IT, CALLED IT, CALLED IT.

He left the directors chair CONFIRMED
    His script is out CONFIRMED

Him as Batman will be completely dependent on Reeves pitch and the reception to JL, if JL doesn't perform the way Affleck wants then he's OUT. Thank You Zack, the modern day Schumacher.

Oh well bring on Dick and Damian, the only silver lining here.

Cant wait for DCEU fanboys to defend visionary Snyder.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    And there it is: Warner Bros plotting for future Batman that isn't Ben Affleck.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/07/21/b...fleck-leaving/

Zack Snyder is so god damn stupid. How the hell was he allowed to cast a Batman that old in the first place?!? Does anyone over there have any ounce of foresight? Now we're going to have a DCEU without Bruce Wayne. Wonderful. So glad we got the terrible adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns (not really).
    This "inside source" seems go be going against what Warner Bros. and Reeves are explicitly saying.

Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

Batfleck has been my favorite Batman so it was worth it on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'm still a little annoyed that The Rock isn't just being Shazam.

He'll be fine as black adam but he's got great comedic chops and I think he could nail the superhero BIG vibe that this movie needs.
    totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post

Him as Batman will be completely dependent on Reeves pitch and the reception to JL, if JL doesn't perform the way Affleck wants then he's OUT. Thank You Zack, the modern day Schumacher.

I can't even blame Snyder that much anymore. WB put him in charge of the whole connected universe for a good long period---and why? How was it okay for him to have a script for BvS that came well over 300 pages. Why was it okay for him to adapt a storyline for Batman that takes place at the end of Batman's career as the kickoff film for the DCEU (effectively)? Where was the intervention from WB? WTF.

And oh yeah...this is the same director that made Justice League. WTF did DC fans do to deserve this incompetence while Marvel fans get careful plotting and handling of their characters?

If Ben leaves it's because of Ben. He knew what all of these projects were going in. I doubt he's going to want to miss out on what will shape up to be possibly the best Batman film of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    This "inside source" seems go be going against what Warner Bros. and Reeves are explicitly saying.

Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

Batfleck has been my favorite Batman so it was worth it on my end.

Worth it on your end? Well, you just paid for the meal you just ate. The problem is the deal means you're not going to eat again for a long time. We'll see if you still think it's worth it 4 years from now when we will have had 2 more Justice League movies without a Bruce Wayne. It's massive void (And I'm a Superman fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Worth it on your end? Well, you just paid for the meal you just ate. The problem is the deal means you're not going to eat again for a long time. We'll see if you still think it's worth it 4 years from now when we will have had 2 more Justice League movies without a Bruce Wayne. It's massive void (And I'm a Superman fan).
    That's a huge leap in logic there. I'll wait until any of this happens instead of having a meltdown about what might happen in 4 years. So far it's typical "Rumor, RUMOR, RUMOR THE DCEU IS DOOOOOOOOOMEDuh!!!

Incredible Member

This reminds me of the "source" that said that Wonder Woman is a mess.

Called what? Maybe wait until WB actually confirms this as something other than rumors before breaking out the champagne at more heresay?

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    This reminds me of the "source" that said that Wonder Woman is a mess.
    Careful. You'll break the anti Snyder crowd's heat by pointing out how many unfounded rumors there've been about these films.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Honestly? I started predicting that Bruce Wayne may not last through the entire DCEU just about as soon as it was revealed that Batman was going to be already a twenty year veteran in BvS.

And frankly? I'm cool with it. Why?

1.) It makes sense that Batman may not be able to hang with the Justice League for very long against the kind of threats they face. Especially since he's technically past his prime.

2.) It's a great opportunity to showcase the vastness of the Bat Family by clearing the way to show more of them. If Dick Grayson takes up the cowl after Bruce, that leaves a window open for a new Robin, possibly a new Batgirl depending on what they specifically do with Barbara in her movie, and possibly a few other Bat-heirs as well. Heck, if they REALLY want to blow people's minds? Bring in Batwoman and have HER replace Bruce. What? A female Batman in the movies? Given the huge success of Wonder Woman, demand for more female heroes is high. Having a woman take up the most iconic mantle in CBM history would DEFINITELY get people talking.

3.) It shows a degree of respect to the other Justice Leaguers by showing that a powerless man is at a massive disadvantage in the kind of stories in which the League participates. Yeah, the movie audience has been used to seeing Batman as this unconquerable badass in multiple movies for decades, but this is the first time they've EVER seen him try to share the spotlight with godlike beings. Yes, this could be true for whoever Bruce's replacement turns out to be as well, but you could easily have that replacement learn from whatever mistakes Bruce may have made and figure out other ways to be relevant in Justice League stories.

So, yeah. I'm cool with this. As long as they handle it right, I think it could be quite the shakeup for the DCEU.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--