Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    The hits keep coming. Apparently another source saying the Whedon reshoots were massive:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...ported-a152681
    Don't see how that would work. Jason Momoa came back for re-shoots and he was only there for about a week before he went back to Australia.

We'll see tomorrow, I guess. If the trailer looks like a radically different movie from the previous two trailers, we'll know for sure.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Stop trolling.
    It's his specialty though. For me, it's amazing what having a few posters on ignore can do...it's so nice.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The re shoots began and ended quick. Funny these rumors pop up day before the panel....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I have been toying with the thought that they may hold back an MOS 2 announcement for a big surprise tomorrow! I'm still expecting Henry Cavill to be a surprise arrival at the panel tomorrow, and wouldn't it be great if he showed up with a surprise announcement on his sequel?

Fingers crossed!
    I mentioned this in a post here yesterday...this would get me yelling "hell yeah!"

If it happens, I'll be sure to come in and all caps I CALLED IT over and over though.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Who said any of them need to play these characters for the next 15 years? Where did that timetable come from? And yes, external reasons means his alcoholism. Unless you're now going to spin his alcoholism as Snyder's fault too.

That "shitty film that ruined everything" made them a bunch of money and kickstarted a series of financially successful films that will continue to make them money. You didn't like it, we know, tough shit. Stop trolling.
    You're my new favorite poster.

If Affleck leaves, it's because of his own decision. Realistically, as long as his face continues to look good (as in, not saggy or wrinkly) he could play Batman for a very long time. The stunt doubles do 90% of the action work, and he'd look good in the suit even if he were a stick. Just add more padding (and put him in suits that hide his lack of muscle definition) and he'd be good to go. He's also a major name, so WB will want him around as long as possible. His time as Batman will be up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we need a Harley Quinn vs. Joker movie.

Maybe a Gotham City Sirens vs. Joker movie...
    Personally, I want a Joker / Harley road trip movie that takes place moments after Suicide Squad. Bonnie & Clyde, as only the Joker and Harley Quinn can do it. With Batman busy hunting down the JL, you could have Nightwing or Batgirl as the hero chasing them through the mad couple's trail of destruction.

Of course, it's too late for part of that to happen...but a guy can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The re shoots began and ended quick. Funny these rumors pop up day before the panel....
    Yep. Hammer, meet nail. None of the cast were around long enough for "extensive" reshoots.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yep. Hammer, meet nail. None of the cast were around long enough for "extensive" reshoots.
    Uh oh. That means WB re-casted all the parts. No wonder the Affleck rumor leaked!

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

What's happening guys?. Figured I'd give myself a break from this thead until SDCC, since we'll actually have something concrete to discuss not rumours!!

Anyway Apes 3 maybe my favourite film ever, the more I think about it. Reeves if given creative freedom will do something special with Bats!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Oh I love all the self congratulatory cork popping and jerking off over an unsubstantiated rumor from an " unnamed" source. Anyone remember when we were being told " LOL Wonder Woman movie is a mess it's a failure DCEU will collapse! LOL"?

How did that work out again? Oh yeah...WW critically praised, setting records and overtook Guardians 2 in the Box office and will likely beat Spidey homecoming and Planet of the Apes 3.Biggest hit of the summer and depending on how things turn out , perhaps the year. Not bad for a film that was " doomed to fail".

So...I smell bullshit from the usual bullshitters. Nothing to see here. I'll be back when we hear REAL news and not made up crap to support a narrative that started because Zack Snyder raped your childhoods. Or something .
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-21-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I don't want to just believe all these rumours that are coming the DCEU's way but I'll admit I'm not the biggest fam of Ben Affleck as Batman. He looks the part, sure, but I personally can't stand Ben as an actor. There's something about the way he delivers his lines that I don't like. But he's not terrible and his Bruce Wayne, under different writing circumstances could really shine.

I don't know how I feel about the idea of JL having extensive reshoots. I mean, I won't lie when I say I didn't think I would have liked it with just Zack Snyder at the helm as I'm not a fan of his style. And I do prefer Joss Whedon's style. But it wouldn't be good if this movie has tonal clashes. I don't know how I feel about it tbh.

With this talk of a Harley Quinn and Joker... I think WB really need to release some kind of slate. While their DCEU is successful, I feel like it doesn't have order and I don't know what anything is leading up to. I don't know where this universe is supposed to be going and for me, it's hard yo be invested in it this way. Like, what are these upcoming movies supposed to establish in the DCEU? I think these are some of the things WB needs to set straight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It's his specialty though. For me, it's amazing what having a few posters on ignore can do...it's so nice.
    I have quite a few. I can only see their redundant posts because some people can't stop responding to them.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Oh I love all the self congratulatory cork popping and jerking off over an unsubstantiated rumor from an " unnamed" source. Anyone remember when we were being told " LOL Wonder Woman movie is a mess it's a failure DCEU will collapse! LOL"?

How did that work out again? Oh yeah...WW critically praised, setting records and overtook Guardians 2 in the Box office and will likely beat Spidey homecoming and Planet of the Apes 3.Biggest hit of the summer and depending on how things turn out , perhaps the year. Not bad for a film that was " doomed to fail".

So...I smell bullshit from the usual bullshitters. Nothing to see here. I'll be back when we hear REAL news and not made up crap to support a narrative that started because Zack Snyder raped your childhoods. Or something .
    There is a difference between the comic book bloggers and trades like Hollywood Reporter, THR, Variety etc.. The latter are very accurate when it comes to Hollywood news.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't want to just believe all these rumours that are coming the DCEU's way but I'll admit I'm not the biggest fam of Ben Affleck as Batman. He looks the part, sure, but I personally can't stand Ben as an actor. There's something about the way he delivers his lines that I don't like. But he's not terrible and his Bruce Wayne, under different writing circumstances could really shine.

I don't know how I feel about the idea of JL having extensive reshoots. I mean, I won't lie when I say I didn't think I would have liked it with just Zack Snyder at the helm as I'm not a fan of his style. And I do prefer Joss Whedon's style. But it wouldn't be good if this movie has tonal clashes. I don't know how I feel about it tbh.

With this talk of a Harley Quinn and Joker... I think WB really need to release some kind of slate. While their DCEU is successful, I feel like it doesn't have order and I don't know what anything is leading up to. I don't know where this universe is supposed to be going and for me, it's hard yo be invested in it this way. Like, what are these upcoming movies supposed to establish in the DCEU? I think these are some of the things WB needs to set straight.
    I agree, WB can and should handle things better and they've made mistakes. That's an entirely different thing than proclaiming the entire DCEU a failure and glomming onto every little rumor as fact Because it supports a bias formed back in 2013 Because Snyder didn't make the Superman movie some were wanting and expecting. I mean to this day you have people ranting endlessly about " Hobo of STEEL! Man of Muhrdurr!!!!Not muh Superman!!!". You'd think after 4 years people would get over it.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-21-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.