iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No it really doesn't. The fighting was going to stop anyway. Ares was banking on the idea that the armistice wouldn't hold, but it held for 20 years or so as we know. That's also why Gen. Ludendorff and Dr. Poison were so desperate to put their plan into action like right then, they'd run out of time. The Armistice HAD NOT been signed by the time Ares was beaten (there's even "negotiations" mentioned multiple times) so he WASN'T "working past the Armistice."

There is no "contradiction" in the message. There just isn't.
    Well yes there is...,kind of.
    While Diana is ultimately going to stop Ares and make its point about humanity not being what Diana thought it was, the fighting is ultimately over because the villain's plans are foiled. The war is done but Ares is not and Ares is apart of the war situation with him manipulating things.
    What I'm saying is while the movie has it's message, it also unintentionally can be perceived as Diana defeating Ares which stops the fighting. She foils the villain's plans and everybody just gives up (as expected but still coincidentally timed). Sure we just got the message that regardless humanity is going to just do as humanity does, but the manipulator, the devil in the villains ear is defeated as the movie is wrapping up and everybody celebrates victory. It unintentionally gives the broad explanation that Diana was right which is why the ending has rubbed some the wrong way.

The movie does this which is why it gets brought up as much as it does since it unintentionally has two ways of perceiving the ending.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

David F. Sandberg speaks briefly about the Shazam movie here. He doesn't say much, but you can tell his mind is definitely in the right place regarding Shazam.

"To keep it general and not go into script details, I'd say the core thing that's appealing to me is the wish fulfillment," said Sandberg. "What kid doesn't want to be Superman? This is a kid that basically gets to become Superman."
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/shaza...perman-a152664

Gotta say, I'm getting excited about this one!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Actually that's what I reported a/b it a/b 2 months ago -- new scenes lightening tone more"
    Oh, boy! This doesn't bode well. Zack and Chris Terrio were talking about "Justice League" having a lighter tone even before "BvS" was released. HOW MUCH lighter Whedon and Johns will take the tone for this movie?
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 07-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    David F. Sandberg speaks briefly about the Shazam movie here. He doesn't say much, but you can tell his mind is definitely in the right place regarding Shazam.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/shaza...perman-a152664

Gotta say, I'm getting excited about this one!
    I'm really happy about this. I was worried most of the focus was going to be on whoever they cast as the hero Shazam, but in actuality Billy is the most important character. They need to work on casting him first because whoever they get to play Shazam has to know how to act like an 11-year-old child and make it believable.

If MoS2 isn't announced after JL is out, I wonder if they would have Cavill cameo or co-star in Shazam? It would definitely kill two birds with one stone; it would put Superman out there to capitalize on a (hopefully) well-received return, and his presence might help sell Shazam to audiences who don't know him. Obviously comic films these days still sell to the uninitiated (GotG, SS), but having a team-up wouldn't hurt. Might quell some of the "Superman knockoff" stuff to see the differences between them side by side.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Oh, boy! This doesn't bode well. Zack and Chris Terrio were talking about "Justice League" having a lighter tone even before "BvS" was released. HOW MUCH lighter Whedon and Johns will take the tone for this movie?
    How does it not bode well? Who wants a dark Justice League movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How does it not bode well? Who wants a dark Justice League movie?
    There have been dark Justice League stories. And it is possible to make it too light hearted to the point of being like, well, Batman and Robin

Spectacular Member Dominick1216's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    If MoS2 isn't announced after JL is out, I wonder if they would have Cavill cameo or co-star in Shazam? It would definitely kill two birds with one stone; it would put Superman out there to capitalize on a (hopefully) well-received return, and his presence might help sell Shazam to audiences who don't know him. Obviously comic films these days still sell to the uninitiated (GotG, SS), but having a team-up wouldn't hurt. Might quell some of the "Superman knockoff" stuff to see the differences between them side by side.
    That's what I think they'll do. Maybe have them eventually form a mentor/student relationship.

And if DC plays it right, they can have the trinity appear in each film in 2019:

-Shazam (Superman)
    -Suicide Squad 2 (Batman)
    -Wonder Woman II (Wonder Woman)
    Last edited by Dominick1216; 07-27-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There have been dark Justice League stories. And it is possible to make it too light hearted to the point of being like, well, Batman and Robin
    The problem with Batman & Robin wasn't that it was light. Batman: The Movie in 1966 was light but it was a good movie. Well written, a good plot, great characters that were true to the story.
    Batman & Robin failed because it made a joke of the characters, had a muddled plot, the action scenes were a mess, and deviated too far from the world the previous three movies created.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The problem with Batman & Robin wasn't that it was light. Batman: The Movie in 1966 was light but it was a good movie. Well written, a good plot, great characters that were true to the story.
    Batman & Robin failed because it made a joke of the characters, had a muddled plot, the action scenes were a mess, and deviated too far from the world the previous three movies created.
    Killed the franchise so bad, no one wanted to touch it again lol. I read in Weldon's book, The Caped Crusade, that Schumacher wanted to add a scene where the characters had to walk through a ring of fire and told the writers, "Make it happen somehow." Shit was a mess, man.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Isn't it generally conceived that Batman Forever is the true stinker of the 90's films? Batman and Robin is fun to watch.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Isn't it generally conceived that Batman Forever is the true stinker of the 90's films? Batman and Robin is fun to watch.
    No...very few people have many kind things to say about BATMAN AND ROBIN. BATMAN FOREVER has its fans. It was generally rated an "OK" Batman movie...not great, but watchable.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If they have learned their lesson, they wont let their accountant talk them into shaving half an hour out of the movie and largely ruin it like it did BvS's theatrical version.
    Yeah, they couldn't be so stupid to repeat the same mistake, could they?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Must be a ridiculous amount of money to remove that in every scene. I know it costs a lot of money to blur out logos on TV shows lol.
    To be cheap, they could pull a Cesar Romero and put the makeup over Cavill's moustache.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-27-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick1216 View Post
    That's what I think they'll do. Maybe have them eventually form a mentor/student relationship.

And if DC plays it right, they can have the trinity appear in each film in 2019:

-Shazam (Superman)
    -Suicide Squad 2 (Batman)
    -Wonder Woman II (Wonder Woman)
    The last thing I want to do is take the director's words and look too deep into them, but I think it would make a lot of sense. Perhaps Billy is Kal's #1 fan (posters, toys, etc), or is saved by him. Then, with Superman as his hero, he gets his powers and wants to be like him. It could be a really fun movie with Superman showing him the ropes..."this is how you stop an out of control train", etc.

It definitely doesn't have to be an "end of the world", "the city is in danger" kind of movie. It could be pretty lighthearted but still have challenges for the heroes to overcome.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

This isn't meant to be a mean or pretentious question or anything. I'm actually genuinely curious...

Does anyone like the really dark tone of the DC movies so far?