Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Well, Mad Max Fury Road didn't get nominated, and it was better than WW.
    It was nominated lol

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Oscars who really cares? It's a waste of time. We all know some film about the financial crisis starring a big name is gonna win it.

I love WW but to me the Oscars lost that "omg the oscars" vibe for me long agoooo.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Oscars who really cares? It's a waste of time. We all know some film about the financial crisis starring a big name is gonna win it.

I love WW but to me the Oscars lost that "omg the oscars" vibe for me long agoooo.
    It's still going to be a big deal for the DCEU going forward if WW scored some major nominations and maybe even some wins in the technical categories like Best Costuming.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It was nominated lol
    Oh yeah, lol.

Logan is the only comic book movie since TDK to deserve an Oscar award, as much as I like Wonder Woman, it's not anywhere close to Logan's level.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Logan is the only comic book movie since TDK to deserve an Oscar award, as much as I like Wonder Woman, it's not anywhere close to Logan's level.
    People won't feel the full impact of Logan if they haven't been following the X-Men films over the past 17 years. Wonder Woman is stronger as a standalone.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Never. A lot of the stuff was before my time. I'm in my 20s. I was never a sci-fi/fantasy guy either.
    So am I but I like to reach back. Aspects of them are dated but a few of them are my favorite movies. You don't have to like those to like these, but the classics have a different feel and do what sci-fi is supposed to do, which is make you believe that world is not only believable but possible and maybe one day knocking at your door, and shows you how human society might behave in a different context. I got straight goosebumps watching them at times.

The people that made the films care, but Oscars lost their appeal to me as a consumer a while back as well. It was lul-worthy that SS got an award because Croc looked silly as hell lol.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    So am I but I like to reach back. Aspects of them are dated but a few of them are my favorite movies. You don't have to like those to like these, but the classics have a different feel and do what sci-fi is supposed to do, which is make you believe that world is not only believable but possible and maybe one day knocking at your door, and shows you how human society might behave in a different context. I got straight goosebumps watching them at times.
    Yeah, I watch some classics like Hitchcock flicks and 12 Angry Men to experience them. I guess I'll catch the original 1968 Planet of the Apes and give the 2011 and onward a go.
    Superhero shows are trash

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Yeah, I watch some classics like Hitchcock flicks and 12 Angry Men to experience them. I guess I'll catch the original 1968 Planet of the Apes and give the 2011 and onward a go.
    My favorite is Escape from the Planet of the Apes, but that's not a bad schedule you set up.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Oh, of course. On a personal level, I don't give a crap about the Oscars.

However? It IS a rather impressive feather in a film's cap to even get nominated for it. It increases the market value of the movie as a whole and it raises confidence for future installments. If Wonder Woman even gets nominated for Best Picture, that means that WW II will be able to command a higher wage for just about everyone involved in the project. It guarantees a bigger budget for the film and it guarantees that WB will go all out on promoting it.

There are many advantages to getting even a nomination for a film. Advantages that just might translate into an even better film for us down the road. That's the extent of my interest in this.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Really wouldn't WB/DC do all that for WW anyway? I think its more bragging rights then anything.

I mean don't get me wrong Awards are great but I don't really awards and not the BO is what is going to determine the size of the budget or the promotion....and I should note more cash aint necessarily a good thing.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Really wouldn't WB/DC do all that for WW anyway? I think its more bragging rights then anything.

I mean don't get me wrong Awards are great but I don't really awards and not the BO is what is going to determine the size of the budget or the promotion....and I should note more cash aint necessarily a good thing.
    Oh, they'll definitely promote WW II and give it a bigger budget/payroll regardless of whether it gets nominated. But the perception is that even a nomination raises a film's prestige even more than mere financial and critical success.

Make a successful movie? "Great! Here's your bigger budget/payday for the next one!"

Make a successful movie that also gets a Best Picture nomination? "Even better! Here! Have even MORE money!"

Stuff like that.

But yeah, you're right. Sometimes more money for a movie doesn't really help. One of the truly impressive things about Wonder Woman was the fact that it was relatively low-budget. Lowest budget movie in the DCEU so far, in fact. Too much money and suddenly the temptation exists to blow it all on by-the-numbers-but-visually-appealing VFX and stuff. Could go either way, but I have faith in Patty Jenkins no matter what happens at the Oscars.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Mark Hughes clarifies about the "nearly 3 hr" JL runtime...

"A rough cut was around 2 hrs 40-some minutes, in told, & new footage will add to it but some scenes are also being removed... "

"My understanding is the expected final range is 2 hrs 20 min to 2 hrs 35min, but depends on the new filming."

https://mobile.twitter.com/markhughe...16363463036928

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Deathstroke Actor Joe Manganiello Weighs In On His Involvement With THE BATMAN: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...-happy-a152910