Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Deathstroke Actor Joe Manganiello Weighs In On His Involvement With THE BATMAN: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...-happy-a152910
    I'm going to break out my big bag of salt again. I'm curious how Joe can "know everything", when Reeves has barely, if at all, begun working on the script? It's possible Reeves will re-work Affleck's script, but so far they're saying it's been "tossed out", not "re-written."
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    My kids, 11 & 8, are beyond hype. This could be a 4-hour film and I think they'd kill me if I didn't take them lol
    Mine are 3 and 9 and they could barely sit through Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2 and Spiderman Homecoming. I know better than to take them to a movie that's over 2 hours now. If Justice League is over 2 hours and 30 minutes I'll be going alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm going to break out my big bag of salt again. I'm curious how Joe can "know everything", when Reeves has barely, if at all, begun working on the script? It's possible Reeves will re-work Affleck's script, but so far they're saying it's been "tossed out", not "re-written."
    Think he means he knows about what happened at the studio with Ben dropping out of directing, and the shift in creative vision.

I think it is pretty safe to say he is out. Though I'm sure Deathstroke will pop up in another movie if that's the case, remember the original rumours had Joe as Slade in Suicide Squad so could be they are just waiting for the right movie.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Think he means he knows about what happened at the studio with Ben dropping out of directing, and the shift in creative vision.

I think it is pretty safe to say he is out. Though I'm sure Deathstroke will pop up in another movie if that's the case, remember the original rumours had Joe as Slade in Suicide Squad so could be they are just waiting for the right movie.
    Deathstoke is out? I don't follow the news I just get it from here or from friends. Who will the villain be for Batman if no Deathstroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Deathstoke is out? I don't follow the news I just get it from here or from friends. Who will the villain be for Batman if no Deathstroke?
    With Matt Reeves directing he wants to start from scratch again so Ben's script isn't being used, I mean they could take elements of Ben's script but Reeves has total control on the movie which he wants to be a noir driven detective story.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think Snyder's character moments can be a bit weak in that they aren't able to sufficiently give his cool action sequences the heft and impact that they deserve.

Whedon's strong point is character moments (with a few exceptions that won't be mentioned now). If he is working on character moments that help give Snyder's epic scenes and shots the emotional punch that they deserve, then that would be perfect.
    Idk, the UE had pretty good character moments.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Idk, the UE had pretty good character moments.
    Nothing on the level of Wonder Woman though, like the boat scene which many people say is one of their favourites in the movie or Diane and Chief in camp.

As much as I loathe Screen Junkies, they actually made a really good point about how much more impactful the scenes where Superman saved people in BvS would of been had they shown him actually interacting with them after the fact.

Great example is the flood scene we basically just see him floating above them like a god great... Now how much better would that scene of been if he landed told them everything was going to be okay and comforted the kid with her dog, little things like that make a huge difference in characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I don't why some people have aversion to a 3hr movie. Like is an extra half hour really gonna kill you? And what will that extra half hour you saved really gonna accomplish for the rest of the day?
    3 hour flicks can be bloated and meandering. Bollywood films are typically that long but there's a lot of singing and musical numbers to pass the time and even intermissions when shown in theaters.

Why sit longer and suffer watching a poorly paced film? You've never watched a long movie and was like, "Holy shit, that was a waste of time. It was terrible." ? If the movie is an epic and actually paced well, I don't mind of course.
    Last edited by Bukdiah; 07-28-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    Superhero shows are trash

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah, like Bukdiah said, it's a pacing issue. If a film NEEDS to be 3 hours or longer and it is done well, I have no qualms with that. In fact I've long wanted to see more big screen Hollywood epics with intermissions and what not. Nothing beats a huge, spectacular, epic.

It's just most of these flicks (franchise/superhero stuff) end up simply being poorly paced with entire trailers for other franchise movies halfway through them. I'd like stronger storytelling and sense of purpose.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-28-2017 at 08:24 PM.

BANNED

So how do you guys think they're going to go about building up to Darkseid?

BANNED

That is what extra footage is for....keep it to 150 mins max or so....like I love my LOTR DVDs with all the extras and bonus footage but would have sat that long in theatre...probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    So how do you guys think they're going to go about building up to Darkseid?
    I've said before but since there are no immediate plans for a Justice League sequel I'm really hoping he doesn't appear and get KO'd all in the first flick.

They'll hopefully build him up a bit. We saw in the trailer that Steppenwolf had gathered the Parademons around a Mother Box and was starring up into a red sky. Looked like a summoning ritual.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-28-2017 at 09:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I've said before but since there are no immediate plans for a Justice League sequel I'm really hoping he doesn't appear and get KO'd all in the first flick.

They'll hopefully build him up a bit. We saw in the trailer that Steppenwolf had gathered the Parademons around a Mother Box and was starring up into a red sky. Looked like a summoning ritual.
    I just don't want to spend another 6 to 7 years waiting for a freaking villain to get off his butt. Anything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I just don't want to spend another 6 to 7 years waiting for a freaking villain to get off his butt. Anything but that.
    But the mythology of the New Gods is so much richer than just "Gotta collect all 'em stones!" If we get an Escape from Apokolips movie featuring Scott Free and Barda as the protagonists with Darkseid, Desaad, Granny Goodness and the Furies playing prominent roles, it would be groundbreaking of sorts.

I'm sure even George Miller would be interested in taking on such a movie, as he is said to be a major Kirby fan and it shows in his Mad Max films.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    But the mythology of the New Gods is so much richer than just "Gotta collect all 'em stones!" If we get an Escape from Apokolips movie featuring Scott Free and Barda as the protagonists with Darkseid, Desaad, Granny Goodness and the Furies playing prominent roles, it would be groundbreaking of sorts.

I'm sure even George Miller would be interested in taking on such a movie, as he is said to be a major Kirby fan and it shows in his Mad Max films.
    Absolutely.

If they're going to use Darkseid, they'd BETTER take their time with him. Darkseid is soooo much more than just another Doomsday to show up, wreck some stuff, and then get beaten down. If I had my way, we wouldn't even SEE Darkseid for several movies in a row. He should just be something that gets talked about. People barely dare to whisper his name. His presence should be FELT far more often than it's seen. When he DOES finally show up, it needs to be a full-on nightmare.

I'd love a series of New Gods movies. In the hands of a truly talented director who understands the source material, they would be EPIC. ANd yeah, Miller would be one of my top choices.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--