Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why are most casting suggestions for Captain Marvel these wooden muscleheads instead of actors who could actually play Captain Marvel and just need to hit the gym to get in shape?
    I don't think it takes much acting talent to play Shazam. Just act like a literal man child

Incredible Member

RUMOR: THE FLASH Solo Movie FLASHPOINT To Include Gal Gadot As WONDER WOMAN

Forbes has a great write-up today detailing Wonder Woman's historic run in the box-office. It is well worth the read, but it's the blurb at the end that is sure to catch readers attention.

While outlining the future of The Amazon Princess, the outlet is reporting that not only will we see star Gal Gadot pick up the Lasso Of Truth in her sequel planned for 2019, but also in The Flash film as well that is now being titled Flashpoint. The info is as stated, "Gadot is also expected to reprise her role as Wonder Woman in the upcoming production of Flashpoint, which will be Flash's solo movie but is also more of another superhero team-up featuring several additional DC superheroes. Flashpoint is currently scheduled to release in 2020. So we'll see Wonder Woman twice this year, again in 2019, and in 2020. That's an average of one appearance every year, and it means Wonder Woman could potentially appear in as many different films as Batman will over the course of the next few years in the DCEU."
    Here's the Forbes article:

'Wonder Woman' Wows With Wonderful $400 Million Domestic Box Office

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think it takes much acting talent to play Shazam. Just act like a literal man child
    The words "man child" put me in mind of the opposite of Captain Marvel, Captain Broflake.

The way I see it, somebody like (a younger) Tom Hanks is what should be aimed for.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    RUMOR: THE FLASH Solo Movie FLASHPOINT To Include Gal Gadot As WONDER WOMAN

Here's the Forbes article:

'Wonder Woman' Wows With Wonderful $400 Million Domestic Box Office
    That means we might actually get a glimpse of the "Flashpoint" Universe.

I really hope they don't go full Flashpoint. While Barry is still the main lead, Flashpoint (both the comics and animated adaptation) always felt a like Justice League movie with Flash leading and lots of Batman. I want a Flash movie with just him and his supporting characters.

I think you need more then that, because the actor is going to have to accurately portray Billy's personality in an adult form and his persona as Captain Marvel/Shazam.

If there's one thing they shouldn't do is portray him as a man-child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I really hope they don't go full Flashpoint. While Barry is still the main lead, Flashpoint (both the comics and animated adaptation) always felt a like Justice League movie with Flash leading and lots of Batman. I want a Flash movie with just him and his supporting characters.
    This is probably my biggest issue, though they might make Iris more of an integral part of this version then she was in the original and we're most likely going to see Thawne show up.

Why are most casting suggestions for Captain Marvel these wooden muscleheads instead of actors who could actually play Captain Marvel and just need to hit the gym to get in shape?
    Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner.

John Cena has been doing it for years and it's embarrassing!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

They may show Diana in her villainous persona in Flashpoint, but my guess is that it'll be toned down. Right now, unless JL changes things, Diana CAN'T lead her Amazon sisters in an invasion of Man's World and turn the UK into a male concentration camp. They may portray a battle between her and Aquaman, but it'll probably toned down as well. I very much doubt they'll show her murdering a child in cold blood either.

Unless Flashpoint's effects go back a century or more, whatever changes to Diana's timeline will take place after she's already been here in Man's World for some time. My guess is something will change that just pushes Diana down a villainous path and she just becomes another run-of-the-mill villain of some sort. Maybe she teams up with some other villains. Who knows? Either way, it won't be quite as severe as comic Flashpoint. Let's never forget that the comics can ALWAYS go bigger than the movies because comics don't have a special effects budget. So this will definitely be toned down.

Heck, maybe they'll REALLY flip the script and NOT have Diana as a villain at all. Maybe she'll remain a hero and fight beside Barry. That'd be cool.

Meanwhile? Awesome to hear that Diana is going to break $400 million Domestic!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Try hard Buried, remember that issue!
    Got it. SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL ANNUAL # 4 from 1995

link to more info

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The new trailer hints she's in a scene where Barry is stretching the glass barrier or whatever it is. I wonder if Iris will appear in a scene with Lois or reference Lois at all. Has that ever happened in the comics? You'd think it would be natural to make Lois one of Iris's role models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't for the life of me recall a single moment where Iris and Lois were in the same scene/panel together.

Or Vicki Vale for that matter .
    First Post-COIE (and rare in any case) encounter between Lois Lane and Iris West.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    They may show Diana in her villainous persona in Flashpoint, but my guess is that it'll be toned down. Right now, unless JL changes things, Diana CAN'T lead her Amazon sisters in an invasion of Man's World and turn the UK into a male concentration camp. They may portray a battle between her and Aquaman, but it'll probably toned down as well. I very much doubt they'll show her murdering a child in cold blood either.

Unless Flashpoint's effects go back a century or more, whatever changes to Diana's timeline will take place after she's already been here in Man's World for some time. My guess is something will change that just pushes Diana down a villainous path and she just becomes another run-of-the-mill villain of some sort. Maybe she teams up with some other villains. Who knows? Either way, it won't be quite as severe as comic Flashpoint. Let's never forget that the comics can ALWAYS go bigger than the movies because comics don't have a special effects budget. So this will definitely be toned down.

Heck, maybe they'll REALLY flip the script and NOT have Diana as a villain at all. Maybe she'll remain a hero and fight beside Barry. That'd be cool.
    I would put money on them not even reading the Flashpoint comic if Geoff Johns wasn't involved.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

IMO, Captain Marvel needs a certain whimsy to him. Somebody like John Cena? No thanks.

We could get Triple H to play King Kull and Linda McMahon to play Aunt Minerva.

All I know is I want John C Reiley to play Uncle Marvel!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.