Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Holy Continuity Issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Here we go again!!!

MATT REEVES "THE BATMAN" WILL NOT BE A PART OF THE DCEU

It's becoming obvious they are starting this separate imprint to DC movies to create alternate versions of characters so during Flashpoint they can choose which versions to incorporate into the future DCEU based on fan reaction.
    To those who keep track of these things: is Batman-News the website managed by the guy with a pathological, obsessive hatred of the DCEU who'd sell his soul to the devil for any kind of rumour that could negatively impact WB's main endeavour? I know that guy exists, but I keep forgetting which website he's attached to.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Can someone listen to the audio provided? It could just mean in a different continuity but in the same Universe, if that makes sense.

I'm very confused by all this non-Universe stuff and WB would go down a bad path doing this imo.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

It could be that Reeves just means his film is intended to be something standalone, without setting up stuff for future films or relying on previous films, and he just worded his statement poorly. Similar to how Wonder Woman didn't have much in the way of set-up for future DCEU films and could be enjoyed without having a clue what happened in the previous DCEU films.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    It could be that Reeves just means his film is intended to be something standalone, without setting up stuff for future films or relying on previous films, and he just worded his statement poorly. Similar to how Wonder Woman didn't have much in the way of set-up for future DCEU films and could be enjoyed without having a clue what happened in the previous DCEU films.
    This would be ideal.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

This is my thinking.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    To those who keep track of these things: is Batman-News the website managed by the guy with a pathological, obsessive hatred of the DCEU who'd sell his soul to the devil for any kind of rumour that could negatively impact WB's main endeavour? I know that guy exists, but I keep forgetting which website he's attached to.
    Yep, that's the guy. I'd take any story originating from that site with a huge grain of salt.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    The hell? Joker never had an origin so why make one for him? A lot of people wanna preserve that and how he was always just there. I guess you're the people Hollywood panders to lol.

Todd Phillips from Hangover fame screens solid to you? I understand the concerns. I love Scorcese and he's a producer for the upcoming Joker movie, but on the flip side, Nolan was Executive producer for BvS and look how that **** turned out.
    War Dogs was pretty good, and he's writing it with the guy who wrote 8 Mile, and The Fighter.

If they're going for a Taxi Driver tone, then it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    War Dogs was pretty good, and he's writing it with the guy who wrote 8 Mile, and The Fighter.

If they're going for a Taxi Driver tone, then it could work.
    He did a documentary about GG Allen and there was some dark stuff in pieces of the Hangover sequels I've seen. This could end up being good.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yep, that's the guy. I'd take any story originating from that site with a huge grain of salt.
    No, it's not that guy. That's Jett from Batman-on-film.com. That guy is a giant loser. Batman-News is decent.

I'm almost at a point where I just don't care anymore .

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

It's to the point where WB/DC needs to hold an event, ideally right after JL opens, and lays out the plan. Otherwise all of their auxiliary announcements, leaks, and misquotes just lead to bad press in the absence of a firm plan. Honestly, as someone who does it for a living, they really need a solid Communications Firm in their corner to help iron all this out.

Now speculation MR's The Batman might not be connected to the DCEU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YtqdcutpUZM

Incredible Member

I hope that's what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Here we go again!!!

MATT REEVES "THE BATMAN" WILL NOT BE A PART OF THE DCEU

It's becoming obvious they are starting this separate imprint to DC movies to create alternate versions of characters so during Flashpoint they can choose which versions to incorporate into the future DCEU based on fan reaction.
    Random note, but batman-news has the scariest comment sections lol
    Superhero shows are trash