I don't know what to think of all this .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    So that's actually happening?
    Seems like someone in WB is greenlighting a lot of projects
    It is replacing Gotham City Sirens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what to think of all this .
    It feels like either great reception from JL or nervous reactions... I'm nervous that it is the latter. It seems to me that they are distancing themselves from the Snyderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Not really on board with this alternate Earth Joker origin story film. Why does DC keep announcing all of these villain spin offs? Where's the demand? Are people asking for this? Why does it seem to be taking priority over a Man of Steel sequel or Flash stand alone movie? I like the DCEU and I want them to succeed but announcements make that support more difficult.
    Warner Bros. seems to be a more creator driven studio while Disney seems to be more project driven. So when a creator like Whedon or Robbie or Scorsese comes along wanting to do a movie
    like Batgirl or Gotham City Sirens, or Joker's origins, Warner Bros. is more inclined to let them make a pet project even if it doesn't fit into some pre-ordained universe. Where-as Disney is more
    make the movies as part of a vast universe and just hire someone who can fulfill Disney's vision. So the reason these movies take priority is no one wants to do a retread of Superman with all
    the previous baggage of Man of Steel 1 and Batman v Superman when they can start fresh with Batgirl or a Joker origin story. Or with GCS, continue a story with the same players instead of having
    to find someone new to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    It feels like either great reception from JL or nervous reactions... I'm nervous that it is the latter. It seems to me that they are distancing themselves from the Snyderverse.
    It just feels like they're going all over the place .

I imagine that DC/WB's meeting room discussing potential movies look something like this.

I've lost track of what all has been announced. It feels like a huge mess with no plan, but they still have no interest in doing a proper Robin movie. It feels like them skipping over all the interesting Robin stories to have an older Batman is no longer an issue given all the other things they are trying to do now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    It is replacing Gotham City Sirens.
    Yeah I get that but out of all the ideas WB has been throwing around a Harley/Joker movie seems so very random.
    Its supposed to spin out of whatever happens in suicide squad 2 as well

delete this post

So, just so I'm caught up:

- The Batman solo is apparently going to not be set in the DCEU and star a completely different Batman.

- Gotham City Sirens has become a Joker and Harley Quinn movie.

- The Joker film will also not be set in the DCEU and star a completely different Joker.

Sons of bitches. I was interested in a Gotham City Sirens movie!
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Sons of bitches. I was interested in a Gotham City Sirens movie!
    So was I .

I guess they teased Poison Ivy will be in the Batgirl solo, though who knows when we'll see Catwoman in the DCEU...or the side DCEU, I guess ?

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

The Justice League reshoots make more sense to me now. The reports of them cutting out "world building moments" in favor of character scenes was only half true. The world that was being built to this point has been deemed to be on a bad trajectory by Johns, and the films outside of the DCEU will be course corrections that will be woven into the DCEU through flashpoint---thus Affleck is out as Batman, Leto will get replaced as Joker, and I'm guessing Eisenberg will be gone too since his scenes in JL have been cut and quite frankly, given the ending to BvS, it made loads of sense to have Luthor in JL. But they are running away from what Snyder created as fast as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are returning for a Harley/Joker movie according to the Hollywood Reporter.
    My prayers have been answered.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    The Justice League reshoots make more sense to me now. The reports of them cutting out "world building moments" in favor of character scenes was only half true. The world that was being built to this point has been deemed to be on a bad trajectory by Johns, and the films outside of the DCEU will be course corrections that will be woven into the DCEU through flashpoint---thus Affleck is out as Batman, Leto will get replaced as Joker, and I'm guessing Eisenberg will be gone too since his scenes in JL have been cut and quite frankly, given the ending to BvS, it made loads of sense to have Luthor in JL. But they are running away from what Snyder created as fast as they can.
    So Flashpoint is essentially going to reboot the DCEU at this rate, aside from Wonder Woman .

I guess the status of Miller as Flash and Ray Fisher's Cyborg will be dependent on their Justice League reception. Momoa seems too much of a lock as Aquaman.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Flashpoint is essentially going to reboot the DCEU at this rate, aside from Wonder Woman .

I guess the status of Miller as Flash and Ray Fisher's Cyborg will be dependent on their Justice League reception. Momoa seems too much of a lock as Aquaman.
    It's not rebooting. It's a classic retcon. Pretty simple. No more murdering Batman who is too old. No more pubescent Lex Luthor. What happens to Superman's timeline is maybe the most intriguing at this point. Probably why they have to wait until after Flashpoint to make another Superman solo film. What a clusterfvck. The studio took way too long to figure out they didn't like what Snyder was building. Even though I think nearly all of Snyder's creative decisions were questionable, it's not his fault it got this messy. WB should have had a larger plan with more check and balances.