Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    It's not rebooting. It's a classic retcon. Pretty simple. No more murdering Batman who is too old. No more pubescent Lex Luthor. What happens to Superman's timeline is maybe the most intriguing at this point. Probably why they have to wait until after Flashpoint to make another Superman solo film. What a clusterfvck. The studio took way too long to figure out they didn't like what Snyder was building. Even though I think nearly all of Snyder's creative decisions were questionable, it's not his fault it got this messy. WB should have had a larger plan with more check and balances.
    I'm not even against some of the projects they're announcing, but the haphazard handling and confusion over the announcements just makes me think this studio is having some serious trouble with it's creative vision and the promotion of their movies.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Just to recap, we've been fed so many lies in the last 8 months and should have believed a lot of reports:

1. Whedon taking over JL was very significant and not just gluing together character moments

2. Affleck, despite his comic con proclamation, was done with the role

3. Snyder removing all his JL and DC stuff from his Twitter profile was a reaction to being demoted.

4. Ayer really has been removed from the DCEU.

5. Casey Affleck, despite the ambiguous line about "I'll keep playing Batman until the studio tells me otherwise" from Ben, really did accidentally blurt out Ben is not going to be Batman.

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not even against some of the projects they're announcing, but the haphazard handling and confusion over the announcements just makes me think this studio is having some serious trouble with it's creative vision and the promotion of their movies.
    Uh, ya think? It's been as messy and rushed as everyone accused it of being. We were just the fools who believed the Wizard behind the curtain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    As I previously suspected... about Affleck

https://heroichollywood.com/batman-a...-period-actor/

Also not surprised... given people's response to his Luthor.

http://lrmonline.com/news/justice-le...uring-reshoots
    It is replacing Gotham City Sirens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I imagine that DC/WB's meeting room discussing potential movies look something like this.

I've lost track of what all has been announced. It feels like a huge mess with no plan, but they still have no interest in doing a proper Robin movie. It feels like them skipping over all the interesting Robin stories to have an older Batman is no longer an issue given all the other things they are trying to do now, lol.
    So, just so I'm caught up:

- The Batman solo is apparently going to not be set in the DCEU and star a completely different Batman.

- Gotham City Sirens has become a Joker and Harley Quinn movie.

- The Joker film will also not be set in the DCEU and star a completely different Joker.

Uh, ya think? It's been as messy and rushed as everyone accused it of being. We were just the fools who believed the Wizard behind the curtain.
    Well, I try to be an optimist .

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    My prayers have been answered.
    Mine too. Ever since I walked out of the theater after seeing Suicide Squad, I've been saying I wanted a Bonnie & Clyde type movie starring Joker and Harley (these versions, specifically). I really hope this one stays on track.

For the rest of the rumors, who knows? If they are dead-set on a secondary "Elseworlds" type universe, why not announce it at Comic Con? For my money, if it happens, I see it as akin to Disney's "A Star Wars Story" spinoffs; i.e., stories set in the past during the 20 years Batman has been active, delving further into this universe's history. In that way, a Joker biopic makes sense. As well as any other story they want to tell to flesh out that world during that 20 year period.

So it'd be "connected", but not necessary to the main DCEU. Like Rogue One filled a gap, but it's not necessary viewing when watching Episodes 1-7 (and soon to be 8 & 9).

Edit: I should add that while I can see value in it, provided my theory is correct, I also admit the timing is poor. These spinoffs could, and should, wait.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 08-23-2017 at 07:44 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

So they're pretty much giving up on the Justice League universe?

All this confusion and announcements are making my head spin. Can DC please get their **** together? They need to get out ahead of all these announcements and say what is concrete and what movies are in which universe and so on.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    No, they are creating a trap door to fix a lot of it. But before they can fix it, they have to simultaneously continue to build what works (solo films: Aquaman, Shazam & Wonder Woman 2), while building the trap door of alternate versions of other characters that haven't worked in the JL universe like Batfleck (only because he's too old and wants out), Luthor (because very few people responded well to Eisenberg), etc. They will then cash in on the trap door through the Flashpoint film---where I'm guessing Barry will screw up the timelines of both universes and they will pull in a new, younger Bruce Wayne, older Luthor, and probably a non-tatted Joker into the main JL universe and the timeline will be redone. Therefore, the Snyderverse will be undone.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    All this confusion and announcements are making my head spin. Can DC please get their **** together? They need to get out ahead of all these announcements and say what is concrete and what movies are in which universe and so on.

No kidding. They need a PR Firm who knows how to do this to take a fat contract and tell a cohesive plan to the public so every click bait article doesn't do more and more damage.

BANNED

I really liked Affleck as Batman. .___.

No kidding. They need a PR Firm who knows how to do this to take a fat contract and tell a cohesive plan to the public so every click bait article doesn't do more and more damage.
    Yeah, I think DC really needs to start working on their PR right now and get on-top of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I don't think they're giving up on anything, but more like retooling. The past films happened, but we won't reference them much.

It should also be noted here that the ONLY word we have from WB is Shazam!, Suicide Squad 2, Flashpoint, The Batman, WW 2, Aquaman, Batgirl, and JL: Dark. The rest of this stuff (Joker & Harley, the secondary universe, the origin movie, Affleck out, etc) is all rumor & heresay right now. None of this is from WB's mouth.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Yeah, I think DC really needs to start working on their PR right now and get on-top of all this.
    They could say they are rebooting the universe or starting to do Elseworld movies or whatever they are doing. I just want them to keep things straight, is that too much to ask?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They could say they are rebooting the universe or starting to do Elseworld movies or whatever they are doing. I just want them to keep things straight, is that too much to ask?
    I don't think they would want to come out with plans that diverge so greatly from JL this close to the release of the film. They should have been way smarter and just delayed the film after BvS, gotten a new creative lead on the new universe then who could choose the right director instead of continuing down a failing path. That's why we're here today. WB's handcuffs with Deborah Snyder being a major power broker and keeping her husband in the driver's seat of the entire DCEU for too many years.