Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    No, they are creating a trap door to fix a lot of it. But before they can fix it, they have to simultaneously continue to build what works (solo films: Aquaman, Shazam & Wonder Woman 2), while building the trap door of alternate versions of other characters that haven't worked in the JL universe like Batfleck (only because he's too old and wants out), Luthor (because very few people responded well to Eisenberg), etc. They will then cash in on the trap door through the Flashpoint film---where I'm guessing Barry will screw up the timelines of both universes and they will pull in a new, younger Bruce Wayne, older Luthor, and probably a non-tatted Joker into the main JL universe and the timeline will be redone. Therefore, the Snyderverse will be undone.
    This is what we call the curse of DC...

BANNED

Someone needs to make an official statement.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    They're terrible with communications. They need a PR or Communications firm ASAP. They have no ability or seeming desire to keep a lid on matters or keep the story straight. A good Communications firm even helps an organization get their own internal plans together. For example, a good firm would have been alongside them leading up to Comic Con hashing out the announcement details--therefore any holes in the announcement, things left out, or plans for announcements in the coming months would never have felt this haphazard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    They're terrible with communications. They need a PR or Communications firm ASAP. They have no ability or seeming desire to keep a lid on matters or keep the story straight. A good Communications firm even helps an organization get their own internal plans together. For example, a good firm would have been alongside them leading up to Comic Con hashing out the announcement details--therefore any holes in the announcement, things left out, or plans for announcements in the coming months would never have felt this haphazard.
    I'd say they're pretty good with communication. Blogs throwing out new rumors and speculation, constantly trying to smear DC and topple the DCEU doesn't help, but it isn't their fault. Their communication is fine, these sites just need to stop trying to destroy the DCEU

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I'd say they're pretty good with communication. Blogs throwing out new rumors and speculation, constantly trying to smear DC and topple the DCEU doesn't help, but it isn't their fault. Their communication is fine, these sites just need to stop trying to destroy the DCEU
    No, you're 100 percent wrong. Their communication is nonexistent. Forget the websites for a second. DC has never officially laid out any plans for the DCEU, which is what leaves it so susceptible to click bait and rumor mongering. Do you really think that initial slate of films was good communication? It was done over the phone during a Warner Bros. Board meeting. That's not how you do announcements of that magnitude. And once you do make an announcement of that magnitude, any deviation from that plan, such as a new "DC Films Imprint that tells stories outside of the DCEU" has to be made with a clear announcement and statement so more rumor mongering doesn't occur.

Trust me. On this topic you're dealing with a pro. They need help.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Flashpoint is essentially going to reboot the DCEU at this rate, aside from Wonder Woman .

I guess the status of Miller as Flash and Ray Fisher's Cyborg will be dependent on their Justice League reception. Momoa seems too much of a lock as Aquaman.
    That is exactly the feeling that I am getting from all this info. I wonder how Miller will feel if Flashpoint leads to another Barry Allen at the end?

Mighty Member

I think it is because they aren't confident in what is happening with JL... so we won't hear much on the official front.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    That is exactly the feeling that I am getting from all this info. I wonder how Miller will feel if Flashpoint leads to another Barry Allen at the end?
    I don't think it's that drastic of a reimagining of the universe. It's a recon, not a reboot. They are creating a trap door to fix a lot of it. But before they can fix it, they have to simultaneously continue to build what works (solo films: Aquaman, Shazam & Wonder Woman 2), while building the trap door of alternate versions of other characters that haven't worked in the JL universe like Batfleck (only because he's too old and wants out), Luthor (because very few people responded well to Eisenberg), etc. They will then cash in on the trap door through the Flashpoint film---where I'm guessing Barry will screw up the timelines of both universes and they will pull in a new, younger Bruce Wayne, older Luthor, and probably a non-tatted Joker into the main JL universe and the timeline will be redone. Therefore, the Snyderverse will be undone.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I think it is because they aren't confident in what is happening with JL... so we won't hear much on the official front.
    I do think this means they know Justice League is going to get ripped to sh1t by critics. Guessing Snyder and Terrio told another unsavory, overly complex story that didn't really unpack the "soul" of the characters we all love. WB and Johns are now figuring out how to save the entire universe and the solution is one part "start over," two parts "blend it together."

I need Batfleck and LetoJoker to stay in my life as long as possible, IMO. Wb is being impossibly stupid recently.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Looks like David Ayer will still be directing the Gotham City Sirens movie.

Busy week for news in Gotham City. John Requa & Glenn Ficarra are in talks to write, direct and produce the Suicide Squad spinoff movie that is will have Margot Robbie and Jared Leto reprising their roles, she playing Harley Quinn and he playing her demented boyfriend The Joker. This comes a day after Deadline revealed that Warner Bros/DC have Todd Phillips writing with Scott Silver and producing with Martin Scorsese a new origin story about The Joker, a film that will cast a different actor in the signature villain role. DC has been all over the place with possible movies, and this one is apparently different from Gotham City Sirens, a different Harley Quinn spinoff meant to showcase several top female villains from the DC stable which Suicide Squad director David Ayer is attached to direct. Robbie is aboard that project as exec producer.
    http://deadline.com/2017/08/john-req...ie-1202155227/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Looks like David Ayer will still be directing the Gotham City Sirens movie.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/john-req...ie-1202155227/
    Good lord. What a mess.

Ok so I've been taking a much needed break from comic books and comic book movies and just casually following news but the last few days have been insane.

Literally WTF is happening. So much news that I can't even follow it. Mess

BANNED

Welp, I shall return when the dust settles.

Welp, I shall return when the dust settles.
    Does dust settle during a nuclear winter?