Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It was the only thing they had lined up I was really interested in.
    Oh, and the Batfleck movie, which also seems to be cancelled.
    THR is now saying Gotham City Sirens is still planned. This is a separate movie. The trades are printing half-baked info without cross checking. I'm sure same's the case with the Batfleck movie.

As somebody said, WB really needs a proper communications strategy.

Fantastic Member

WB is planning a non-DCEU Superheroes movie line to get more flexibility and put their eggs into more than one baskets, various projects are considered for it, include Matt Reeves' Batman.

There is nothing chaotic or messy about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    There is nothing chaotic or messy about it.
    Other than he way all these contradicting reports and rumours are flooding the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Other than he way all these contradicting reports and rumours are flooding the internet.
    Yeah other than the everything confusing and conflicting going on, everything is clear as crystal.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Hey guys, remember when the word was that it was a lock that Brian Cranston was Lex Luthor,everyone at the studio loved BvS, and that Wonder Woman was a dumpster fire and a hot mess and WB was sure going to be a complete failure?Those Rumors turned out to be gospel, right?

Let's all take a deep breath,step back, and remember one thing.

Aside from Matt Reeves comments, which can easily be taken out of context or interpreted wrong, everything regarding Affleck as Batman or the JL changes are just RUMORS. That's it.

Is it all possible? Absolutely. It's also possible I will end up hitting the Powerball and marrying Gal Gadot at some point, but it ain't bloody likely.

To treat everything you read on blogs ,most of which seems to spring from 4chan as truth is pointless.

All we know is...

JL is coming out in November.Weadon is reshooting. Elfman on music. Cavill's has a mustache that will have to be CGI'd out.

Matt Reeves is directing a Batman movie that may or may not be connected to the DCEU in some fashion and may or may not star Ben Affleck. Affleck says he's in it. Reeves hasn't said anything either way, but all official indications are, as I type this , is Affleck is in it.

Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, Batgirl,FLASHPOINT are all in the pipeline, officially announced. Aquaman is filming now.

Marty Scorsese may be producing a Joker standalone film.

They may be making a Red Son adaptation.

There may be a Harley/ Joker movie.

That's it. Everything else is just rumor. Unsupported and without real solid evidence.

I honestly think we all need to calm down and get some perspective here. The sky is not falling.
    Exactly. People are losing their minds. There's a lot of DC reports, because they bring in the most traffic.

I'm just going to chill in the cut, until JL comes out. No use complaining about stuff we know they won't confirm until JL has/is about release.

So... is Ben out or not?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So... is Ben out or not?
    Depend on whether the Batman movie will be in DCEU or Elseworlds.
    Honestly, having to follow what Snyder and Ayer setted up could be quite restrictive for a new director.

It's weird that the Matt Reeves interview was over a month ago and those comments are only now coming out. Something that needs to be said on that front is that, especially in an interview setting, the terminology he used may not be what we are assuming. He says that WB came to him saying it was going to be a standalone, it's not as though he is stating firmly that the movie is not connected to the other films and he refuses to do so. What makes the most sense to me is that the film will be its own contained thing, when he says "not part of the extended universe" he means it's not going to be an unofficial sequel to Justice League the same way Iron Man 3 was to The Avengers. Truth be told that is the prime source of contention in the MCU between the filmmakers and the studio, Favreau didn't like the Avengers shilling in Iron Man 2, Taylor didn't like the GOTG stinger in The Dark World, Whedon disliked the added baggage setting up Thor 3 and Civil War weighing down AOU.

Worst case scenario is that yes, it will be a completely separate Batman. But none of the news coming out lately have been from WB themselves. It's been scoops reported on by the media. At any studio there is at least three times as many movies "being worked on" as what actually gets produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So... is Ben out or not?
    Ben is in.He told that he would be an ape soldier for Matt Reeves in Comic Con.There is no need for him to repeat this again.He is ambitious and wants to make good films both as an actor and director.Being Batman allows him freedom to make any film he wants as a director.This year's Live by Night was distributed by Warner Bros.Being Batman is good for him.Warner Bros. would not want a PR nightmare by trying to remove Ben Affleck who is an Academy Award winning director and a talented actor.
    Frankly i think he would leave if he becomes too angry because people continue asking him about Batman:how is Batman connected to DCEU,will be Batman for all trilogy,will you direct a Red Hood film and so on.
    He is Batman.Just like Bruce Wayne is alter ego of Bats he is a talented and dedicated actor and director.
    That guy said that there is nothing cooler than being Batman.
    He may end up like Harrison Ford who hated Han Solo because whatever he did people would just ask about Han Solo.I think there is and old interview somewhere where during an interview for Blade Runner somebody asks about Han Solo and his face turns to disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's weird that the Matt Reeves interview was over a month ago and those comments are only now coming out. Something that needs to be said on that front is that, especially in an interview setting, the terminology he used may not be what we are assuming. He says that WB came to him saying it was going to be a standalone, it's not as though he is stating firmly that the movie is not connected to the other films and he refuses to do so. What makes the most sense to me is that the film will be its own contained thing, when he says "not part of the extended universe" he means it's not going to be an unofficial sequel to Justice League the same way Iron Man 3 was to The Avengers. Truth be told that is the prime source of contention in the MCU between the filmmakers and the studio, Favreau didn't like the Avengers shilling in Iron Man 2, Taylor didn't like the GOTG stinger in The Dark World, Whedon disliked the added baggage setting up Thor 3 and Civil War weighing down AOU.

Worst case scenario is that yes, it will be a completely separate Batman. But none of the news coming out lately have been from WB themselves. It's been scoops reported on by the media. At any studio there is at least three times as many movies "being worked on" as what actually gets produced.
    Words in bold is the thing we shall think about.There may be many ideas but one can make only a few films at a time.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

These last few days have been hilarious. xD. Personally ain't bothered by any of it.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    These last few days have been hilarious. xD. Personally ain't bothered by any of it.
    The wise approach. Especially considering none of the projects being discussed may see the light of day in the next 3-4 years.

UPDATE: Deadline previously reported that the Joker and Harley Quinn film was Gotham City Sirens — meaning David Ayer was no longer set to direct the project that was to feature Robbie’s Harley Quinn alongside Poison Ivy and Catwoman, however, the trade has now updated their story, reporting that the Joker and Harley Quinn film and Gotham City Sirens are two separate projects and that Ayer is still attached to direct the latter.
    https://heroichollywood.com/crazy-st...y-quinn-movie/

Head spinning but happy GCS is still a go for now! Until the next day of course. DC, please get your poop together.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Being from Detroit and watching all my sports teams implode has well prepared me for surviving the wasteland on the other side. I do think a little calmness is in order.
    Man, I had to go to downtown Detroit for a week for some work training before...never again lmao
    Superhero shows are trash

I have a feeling Matt Reeves doesn't want to use Leto's Joker in his Batman film and the Scorcese produced one doesn't want him either but WB wants to keep him around. So they planned this additional project for him.