BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That all sounds really nice, but is Ben still going to be Reeves' Batman?
    At this point I'll believe there is going to be a Batman movie at all when I am buying a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Thank God.

Why do I still get alarmed by all these rumors lol awful success rate
    Man has a round about way of explaining himself, but good thing he did lmao. He could've just said this is a one character centric story like WW or MOS and would've been OK. As soon as he mentioned it not being in the extended universe, all hell broke loose. Goes to show the power of word choice.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    More from Reeves

Exactly what I said yesterday (whistle). Great news!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Exactly what I said yesterday (whistle). Great news!
    Let's all take a shot tonight!!! Darkseid Is buying!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The good ol' Mark Hughes clarifies on the past days news: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#355a14837370
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Just to recap, we've been fed so many lies in the last 8 months and should have believed a lot of reports:

1. Whedon taking over JL was very significant and not just gluing together character moments

2. Affleck, despite his comic con proclamation, was done with the role

3. Snyder removing all his JL and DC stuff from his Twitter profile was a reaction to being demoted.

4. Ayer really has been removed from the DCEU.

5. Casey Affleck, despite the ambiguous line about "I'll keep playing Batman until the studio tells me otherwise" from Ben, really did accidentally blurt out Ben is not going to be Batman.

What am I missing here?
    To be fair, none of those rumors have as of now been disproven.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think DC really needs to start working on their PR right now and get on-top of all this.
    It's worth remembering that the announcements have all been on very early stages of production. WB might be using them as a tactic, to check on the general buzz for projects before they move forward with them.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    To be fair, none of those rumors have as of now been disproven.

It's worth remembering that the announcements have all been on very early stages of production. WB might be using them as a tactic, to check on the general buzz for projects before they move forward with them.
    I always thought the burden of proof fell upon those that made the statement, right? Anyway, we found out that Ayer is still around and supposed to be doing the Gotham City Sirens movie. I can't comment on the rest though.

Incredible Member

James Gunn and Geoff Johns tweets lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    James Gunn and Geoff Johns tweets lol

I thought of James Gunn after reading Reeves' tweet. Guardians 2 could be my favorite of the Marvel Universe movies. Probably because he wanted nothing to do with the other movies in the universe. I like them connecting and stuff, it's fun, but I don't thing every single movie has to connect. Guardians 2 was so refreshing.

There would be nothing better than just a great Batman movie to me. I really liked Spider-man Homecoming but I kind of felt it was too much into that universe instead of being a Spider-man movie.

Well all those websites who based that claimed to have inside sources that Ben Affleck was leaving because the Batman films were going to be stand alone are now demonstrable liars. It was obvious to anyone who has a working mind that the director was implying the films would be self contained. I say all links directing to these fake news sites be stricken from the CBR and all attempts to post such material are blocked with the message, "Please refrain from posting links to known rumour mongers, cheats, liars and all around disinfo agents."
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I thought of James Gunn after reading Reeves' tweet. Guardians 2 could be my favorite of the Marvel Universe movies. Probably because he wanted nothing to do with the other movies in the universe. I like them connecting and stuff, it's fun, but I don't thing every single movie has to connect. Guardians 2 was so refreshing.

There would be nothing better than just a great Batman movie to me. I really liked Spider-man Homecoming but I kind of felt it was too much into that universe instead of being a Spider-man movie.
    Guardians 2 is my #1B MCU movie. Winter Soldier is #1A. People were so hell bent on venge-hating Guardians that they missed a heck of a touching story about family.

Edit: and I'm back now that the dust has settled after last night's storm. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Well all those websites who based that claimed to have inside sources that Ben Affleck was leaving because the Batman films were going to be stand alone are now demonstrable liars. It was obvious to anyone who has a working mind that the director was implying the films would be self contained. I say all links directing to these fake news sites be stricken from the CBR and all attempts to post such material are blocked with the message, "Please refrain from posting links to known rumour mongers, cheats, liars and all around disinfo agents."
    IMO Reeves fucked up in the Batman News Interview and had to back track heavily with the "Whaaa! Of course The Batman movie is gonna be tied into the DCEU!". Despite the fact that in this audio interview at 26:00

http://batman-news.com/2017/08/23/ma...nded-universe/

isn't part of the extended universe
    Hence the tweets to clarify things. He either didn't know what he was talking about and now gotta save his ass, or has a very loose interpretation of what it means to NOT to be a part of the extended universe (looks like he thinks a self contained movie is the same as not being in the universe).

How the hell is it fake news when he is just quoted things he said?
    Last edited by Bukdiah; 08-24-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    IMO Reeves fucked up in the Batman News Interview and had to back track heavily with the "Whaaa! Of course The Batman movie is gonna be tied into the DCEU!". Despite the fact that in this audio interview at 26:00

http://batman-news.com/2017/08/23/ma...nded-universe/

Hence the tweets to clarify things. He either didn't know what he was talking about and now gotta save his ass, or has a very loose interpretation of what it means to NOT to be a part of the extended universe (looks like he thinks a self contained movie is the same as not being in the universe).

How the hell is it fake news when he is just quoted things he said?
    I think the issue is that creators aren't using the same terms as fans are and so when the jargon doesn't match misinterpretations can occur. At the same time though, there is now an undeniable cottage industry based on bashing the DCEU, that either lie or are so biased they unconsciously spin words to suit their narrative.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The DCEU needs more official statements. They have to realize the power of social media and public opinion. As Krypto's Fleas stated they need a better PR person/firm. They already have a terrible reputation. They need to take control of all these rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It was the only thing they had lined up I was really interested in.
    Oh, and the Batfleck movie, which also seems to be cancelled.
    If that's genuinely the only property you're interested in seeing in live-action, how did you wind up on a DC Comics fan forum?