Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The DCEU needs more official statements. They have to realize the power of social media and public opinion. As Krypto's Fleas stated they need a better PR person/firm. They already have a terrible reputation. They need to take control of all these rumors.
    Except that wouldn't stop any of these hoaxers, WB and Ben Affleck have gone on all multiple occasions to say that Affleck will continue to fill the role and yet headlines continue to pop up saying "Ben Affleck will leave the Batman role!"
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The DCEU needs more official statements. They have to realize the power of social media and public opinion. As Krypto's Fleas stated they need a better PR person/firm. They already have a terrible reputation. They need to take control of all these rumors.
    Or...and call me crazy...but we could all wait for official announcements from WB and simply ignore everything else. I agree the rumors are out of control, but if we all ignored them then they would have no power.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Except that wouldn't stop any of these hoaxers, WB and Ben Affleck have gone on all multiple occasions to say that Affleck will continue to fill the role and yet headlines continue to pop up saying "Ben Affleck will leave the Batman role!"
    Except Afflecks own past with the DCEU and rumors are dodgy because he has said one thing and it was another a week later. Truth I don't believe a word WB says about the DCEU anymore. I don't even trust a film is being made until filming starts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If that's genuinely the only property you're interested in seeing in live-action, how did you wind up on a DC Comics fan forum?
    It is hard for me to connect those films to DC properties.

And everything looks just so ugly.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    The hell? Joker never had an origin so why make one for him? A lot of people wanna preserve that and how he was always just there. I guess you're the people Hollywood panders to lol.

Todd Phillips from Hangover fame screens solid to you? I understand the concerns. I love Scorcese and he's a producer for the upcoming Joker movie, but on the flip side, Nolan was Executive producer for BvS and look how that shit turned out.
    The Joker has never had an origin? No, he's had multiple origins. Jack Napier in Batman '89 was an origin story. The Killing Joke was an origin story, which itself pointed out that the character has already had many other origin stories. This will be one of them. It won't be the definitive origin story. It will be an origin story. What's wrong with that if it makes for a good movie?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It's because the DCEU gets views. It is what it is, which is why Zack has vocally admitted that addressing the craziness is a futile effort, and WB is simply ignoring it all for the most part.

I honestly don't get why people are getting up in arms about movies that aren't happening until MAYBE next summer. Let's wait until Justice League, go off that.

On the rumours thing, I think there is some truth to them, not all but some of them. WW was not a total mess but the final act was, well you don't have to agree with it but like it or not it is one of the biggiest criticisms many had of the movie. Hollywood is a game of smoke and mirrors and I'd rather wait to see the finished project instead of hearing some statement or rumor.

Because even "official statements" can be fabricated to do damage control.

Wonder Woman's third act may technically have been the film's biggest criticism but that's not saying much at all as the movie was generally lauded. In retrospect it is easy to say so and so may have been right with their vague "scoops" of a film being "messy" as any film in question is rarely flawless. Personally though I thought WW's third act was very effective and much better than the third acts of most MCU films.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That all sounds really nice, but is Ben still going to be Reeves' Batman?

By the way anytime any of those rumors start, Geoff Johns and co. should be quick enough to shut them down. The DCEU doesn't need anymore bad publicity at this point.
    I kind of agree that WB/DC must recognize the power of social media and be quick to squash rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The good ol' Mark Hughes clarifies on the past days news: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#355a14837370
    One of the few reporters who I truly trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    IMO Reeves fucked up in the Batman News Interview and had to back track heavily with the "Whaaa! Of course The Batman movie is gonna be tied into the DCEU!". Despite the fact that in this audio interview at 26:00

http://batman-news.com/2017/08/23/ma...nded-universe/

Hence the tweets to clarify things. He either didn't know what he was talking about and now gotta save his ass, or has a very loose interpretation of what it means to NOT to be a part of the extended universe (looks like he thinks a self contained movie is the same as not being in the universe).

How the hell is it fake news when he is just quoted things he said?
    Some people are just horrible in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    It's because the DCEU gets views. It is what it is, which is why Zack has vocally admitted that addressing the craziness is a futile effort, and WB is simply ignoring it all for the most part.

I honestly don't get why people are getting up in arms about movies that aren't happening until MAYBE next summer. Let's wait until Justice League, go off that.
    I am waiting for JL... with much apprehension.

Youtuber Grace Randolph makes some good points here regarding the clickbait storm and confusion. I agree that the reason why WB is reluctant to make official statements yet is because they want to see how Justice League performs.

The only way I'd be interested in a Joker and Harley movie would be if they establish that they have a toxic relationship and finally shut the door on the horrible notion that they're a romantic couple who are deeply in love. Joker abuses her physically, mentally, and emotionally and Harley crawls back to him begging for his forgiveness. I have no idea why anyone who considers themselves a fan of Harley would want them together. She's a tragic figure with battered spouse syndrome. I absolutely hated how they were portrayed in Suicide Squad. I hear that had to do with how WB cut the film together as Ayer originally showed Joker to be a bit more abusive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wonder Woman's third act may technically have been the film's biggest criticism but that's not saying much at all as the movie was generally lauded. In retrospect it is easy to say so and so may have been right with their vague "scoops" of a film being "messy" as any film in question is rarely flawless. Personally though I thought WW's third act was very effective and much better than the third acts of most MCU films.
    You don't make something good or better by comparing it to something else though. It was a weak third act. Maybe good, if I'm in a good mood. It being better than most MCU third acts doesn't give it any bonus points, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    You don't make something good or better by comparing it to something else though. It was a weak third act. Maybe good, if I'm in a good mood. It being better than most MCU third acts doesn't give it any bonus points, in my opinion.
    It hardly lends credence to the "movie is a mess" rumors either. MCU movies with even weaker third acts than WW aren't called messes, are they?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

When something is "a mess", it doesn't have a distinctly flawed part, it has a disjointed feel all over. A mess implies something wrong "all over the place". WW was far from that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Youtuber Grace Randolph makes some good points here regarding the clickbait storm and confusion. I agree that the reason why WB is reluctant to make official statements yet is because they want to see how Justice League performs.
    This is absolutely what I think is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    When something is "a mess", it doesn't have a distinctly flawed part, it has a disjointed feel all over. A mess implies something wrong "all over the place". WW was far from that.
    Couldn't agree more.