Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It may be Flashpoint in name only, with just a cameo or two from other Leaguers like Wonder Woman. Kiersey Clemons said that Iris West's backstory is now being revised and that they may have her come from a different time, so I think it is still majorly a Flash story.
    Lois's arc in flashpoint was pretty interesting, I could see them taking from that and putting Iris into flashpoint.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Wise words indeed. Just to play Devil's Advocate though, Marvel ironically has (or had) much less incentive to do the shared universe model compared to DC. I mean, in DC the Justice League and it's respective members are all the best and brightest the company has to offer. That is why a shared-universe leading up to multiple Justice League films makes sense, outside of the Teen Titans DC isn't known for it's properties that are unrelated to the Justice League.

Marvel on the other hand isn't quite like that. Only a few of their popular characters are part of The Avengers and the rest are either on their own or distributed between the X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. That's why they were able to do these big team movies way before shared universes were popularized because Marvel itself didn't bulk up the Avengers with all of their All Star IPs the same way DC did.

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything it's just kind of odd that the live action universes turned out the way they did when the source material almost feels like it would dictate the opposite. xD
    Well, the JL essentially revolves around the the Trinity. Superman was introduced in Man of Steel, Batman took the lion's share of attention in BvS (where Wonder Woman was also introduced), and Diana just had her own blockbuster film. What naturally follows is the JL, and after the JL we can follow other Leaguers like Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. MOS, BvS, and JL were supposed to be one story, according to Snyder. Once it's done and the universe is established, DC should move forward with true stand-alone films that aren't concerned with reminding us every ten minutes that Cyborg knows Batman. Hell, even the JL films should be stand-alone.

When the JL parts ways at the end of a mission, I want to follow Batman to his world of Gotham which shouldn't bothered with referencing JL adventures. Batman, himself, often doesn't bother with it. He stays focused on what's happening in Gotham, and if you've played the Arkham games, you know how easy it is to get lost in a place like Gotham.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well not odd at all. Marvel didn't own the movie rights to their A-List franchises like X-Men, Spider-Man, FF etc. so all they were left with were the Avengers, not quite the top dog before the movies. Since something radical needed to be done with that brand to make it exciting like never before, they came up with the shared universe concept.
    I'd say that Marvel borrowed from DC animation's playbook for a shared universe outside the comics and in other forms of entertainment.
    The DCAU was a shared universe that lasted 14 years between the first episode of Batman: The Animated Series and the last episode of Justice League Unlimited, and included the cinematic Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    I'd say that Marvel borrowed from DC animation's playbook for a shared universe outside the comics and in other forms of entertainment.
    The DCAU was a shared universe that lasted 14 years between the first episode of Batman: The Animated Series and the last episode of Justice League Unlimited, and included the cinematic Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
    Both companies were doing shared universes in their animation going back to the sixties with Marvel's The Marvel Super Heroes and DC with their Filmation Cartoons.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Both companies were doing shared universes in their animation going back to the sixties with Marvel's The Marvel Super Heroes and DC with their Filmation Cartoons.
    That never occured to me. When they announced Iron Man and Hulk play in the same sandbox I thought, finally! Just like comics! They already did it for 60 + years

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    That never occured to me. When they announced Iron Man and Hulk play in the same sandbox I thought, finally! Just like comics! They already did it for 60 + years
    Yeah all the characters in the old Marvel Super Heroes Cartoon from the sixties would pop up in each others cartoons same for DC with their Filmation Cartoons. In the 80's Hulk guested Starred from his cartoon in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends also Cap, Iron Man, and the X-Men all made appearances. The X-Men and Spider-Man did a crossover on Fox a year before Superman the Animated Series premièred and thus established Batman wasn't the only Superhero in the DCAU. The Marvel 90's cartoons use to cross over like crazy or have guest appearances. I believe Batman guest starred in the Superman radio show so they've been doing it since almost the beginning. The MCU is the first to go for it on the big screen and truly say hey look all our heroes live in the same universe for comics but radio and definitely animation has been doing it for decades.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So if they don't use the "Extended Universe" internally, what do they use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC Films? Justice League Universe?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Wow. We can now say JL is coming out next month... This is too soon, the hype hasn't even hit me yet!!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Wow. We can now say JL is coming out next month... This is too soon, the hype hasn't even hit me yet!!
    I'm barely hyped about it tbh. I'm certainly not as apathetic towards JL as I was towards SS, but I feel like deep down I just don't care about that film. And I really think I shouldn't feel that way and yet...
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-01-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm barely hyped about it tbh. I'm certainly not as apathetic towards JL as I was towards SS, but I feel like deep down I just don't care about that film. And I really thnk I shouldn't feel that way and yet...
    '
    While I do care but ultimately I have stopped investing in it as fan I haven't been active on here much for example and I think that's why maybe I ain't as hyped. Tbh I kinda prefer it this way, being more "casual" doesn't feel like there is much pressure for me wanting the film to need to be good.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

It's sad and disappointing that I can't get hype for a JL movie that's right around the corner....

BANNED

I have about as much hype for the Justice League movie as I do for wing day in my school's cafeteria. That is to say, I'm not excited and I probably won't partake in it, but there's a chance that I might.

I've said this before, but Mera is legitimately the only part of any of this that looks good to me, and she'll probably be getting two minutes of screen time in this.

Honestly, the night this comes out, I'll probably just get some friends together and watch the 1997 Justice League movie/ NBC pilot on DVD. It's probably way more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-01-2017 at 12:34 PM.