BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Girls are calling him "hawt." Probably some guys are too, I'd imagine.
    Speaking as someone in-between, I may not like how Momoa looks for the part and I don't like the personality they're giving him...but Jason Momoa is still sexy as s**t.

I'm not trying to put anyone down here, but this is probably another case in which we comic fans may have to just accept that we're outnumbered on this one. This iteration of Aquaman is looking to be very popular unless something goes really wrong somewhere down the road.
    And much like all the other popular things I hate, I don't care. (Again, it really wouldn't be as bad if there weren't so many people saying that this is "making Aquaman cool.")

I dont get the Aqua-hate either.

Orin has always had a swagger to him and a fierce temper. And he's usually a little rough around the edges until he's spent so much time on the throne those edges get worn away.

If Mamoa had short blonde hair and was clean shaven, and wearing an all-orange shirt, you wouldn't hear people whining like they are.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Orin has always had a swagger to him and a fierce temper. And he's usually a little rough around the edges until he's spent so much time on the throne those edges get worn away.

If Mamoa had short blonde hair and was clean shaven, and wearing an all-orange shirt, you wouldn't hear people whining like they are.
    Frankly, Jason Mamoa would look weird as all heck with blonde hair. That's not what the man looks like.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Speaking as someone in-between, I may not like how Momoa looks for the part and I don't like the personality they're giving him...but Jason Momoa is still sexy as s**t.
    "Sexy as shit?" I have some pretty wild tastes myself but I never went in for "scat." I know there are others that feel differently but I don't find shit to be sexy at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    "Sexy as shit?" I have some pretty wild tastes myself but I never went in for "scat." I know there are others that feel differently but I don't find shit to be sexy at all.
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you're just unfamiliar with slang. I'd bet on the former

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I think Miller is doing a decent job of being Barry since he's not being intentionally funny, he's being awkward and corny. Wally is more sarcastic and occasionally quippy. Miller's Barry doesn't strike me as darkly witty.

Gustin's Flash honestly doesn't seem to have any fleshed out sense of humor.
    Gustin's Flash started out as a mild jokester, which I also think Barry is to some degree, just not like Wally. It got toned down in later seasons, but then being The Flash was less fun for him so he was understandably more serious.

Miller, to me, totally comes off as trying to be intentionally humorous or comedic, at least in how the actor is portraying him if not in the actual context of the character's personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Momoa definitely looks regal, the question is whether he'll adopt that kind of royal vibe in his dialogue. I think he will inevitably end up there. Right now this Aquaman may not be, or just recently became, King of Atlantis.
    He definitely looks more regal in still shots.

I also don't think he's the King of Atlantis yet. We still don't really have a lot of context for his relationship with Atlantis and how this will tie back to the Aquaman solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I think this depends a lot on the kind of Aquaman people have read and/or envisions as the "ideal" take on the character, since there have been a few different takes.

Obviously Momoa is taking a lot from the PAD take, even if he's also veering into his own thing with it that one could also construe as being a riff on Brave and the Bold Aquaman.

BANNED

I think Jason will make a fine Aquaman, however the more traditional silver age Arthur is my personal favorite.

Extraordinary Member

And I'm a Post Crisis fanboy for life. I personally feel that this *is* Aquaman, and that the Solver Age costume isn't as impressive.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And I'm a Post Crisis fanboy for life. I personally feel that this *is* Aquaman, and that the Solver Age costume isn't as impressive.
    Well, I think orange chain/scalemail is a little more striking then your typical shirtless Superhero look, but different tastes and all that .

Momoa's costume in this movie is also a lot more "classic" then what he was wearing in BvS.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Aquaman has a lame look so I can see why they changed it up for the films
    Aquaman's classic look is a pretty fantastic design, tbh.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Momoa looks like Lobo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    WB will never run out of villains. Dc has the largest pool of villains available.
    I would say Marvel has a larger pool of villains then DC since Marvel had more books coming out over the years.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/CategoryC_Villains

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Marvel_Villains
    Last edited by mace11; 10-02-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Aquaman's classic look is a pretty fantastic design, tbh.
    Really? It's not as awful as many people claim, but it is kinda generic. As a kid, I would always confuse him with Flash Gordon.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also don't think he's the King of Atlantis yet. We still don't really have a lot of context for his relationship with Atlantis and how this will tie back to the Aquaman solo.
    We definitely know he's not King of Atlantis in JL. James Wan said that the solo movie is also before his rise to the throne. He and Mera aren't married or even in love when the movie begins. Their relationship is going to grow within the movie.

My guess is that the solo ends with him taking the throne.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

We definitely know he's not King of Atlantis in JL. James Wan said that the solo movie is also before his rise to the throne. He and Mera aren't married or even in love when the movie begins. Their relationship is going to grow within the movie.

My guess is that the solo ends with him taking the throne.
    Wait, we know he's not King in JL? What's he doing underwater in Atlantis then? And why are Mera and Vulko included but not Atlanna, Orm and Manta? Mera is even wearing her crown.