Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    People always try to bring up her Zionist comments yet it never works. Wonder Woman still made bank and slot of people like her.
    The same way JL would make tons of money as long as its good. Affleck is already acclaimed as Batman so his issues wouldn't do anything to the movie's BO performance. It just needs to be a crowd pleaser.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The same way JL would make tons of money as long as its good. Affleck is already acclaimed as Batman so his issues wouldn't do anything to the movie's BO performance. It just needs to be a crowd pleaser.
    To really derail a film, the charge would have to be so big that the average person would be embarrassed to be seen going to watch it (i.e. a lead actor was found out to be a pedophile). What we have now is not anywhere near that level.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm glad Gadot spoke out. I mean it's the right thing to do anyway, but I think more so considering the character she's playing and what that character represents, and being a role model to young girls especially. She pretty much had to, people would be dying to know her thoughts no matter what. Pressure would be on her more than any of the others (and maybe Amy Adams might get some of that too). And I think she did it very gracefully. She denounced the behavior without signaling out Affleck in particular. Whatever her feelings may be for him, it's an industry wide issue and he shouldn't be the only one raked over the coals, and she's not bad-mouthing her costar in the months leading to the film's release.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm glad Gadot spoke out. I mean it's the right thing to do anyway, but I think more so considering the character she's playing and what that character represents, and being a role model to young girls especially. She pretty much had to, people would be dying to know her thoughts no matter what. Pressure would be on her more than any of the others (and maybe Amy Adams might get some of that too). And I think she did it very gracefully. She denounced the behavior without signaling out Affleck in particular. Whatever her feelings may be for him, it's an industry wide issue and he shouldn't be the only one raked over the coals, and she's not bad-mouthing her costar in the months leading to the film's release.
    I agree.

As "Wonder Woman" there's a certain expectation on her to speak out on issues like this, and I think she handled it perfectly. She denounced the actions of the victimizers and praised the courage of the victims. She didn't name names. She didn't single anyone out. She very clearly defined WHAT was unacceptable about this situation. Yet at the same time, she avoided throwing any of her co-workers under the bus and giving anyone the impression that she's "out to get" anyone.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

If Jason Momoa doesn’t say “Outrageous!” in this movis I’m going to be very disappointed.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If Jason Momoa doesn’t say “Outrageous!” in this movis I’m going to be very disappointed.
    My thoughts as well

Any guesses whe we'll get an Aquaman trailer?

Same here .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

"Aquaman, he's not even really Aquaman yet. He's not the King of the Seven Seas. We don't really get there until my solo movie, at the end. Really, it's a huge growth for me. It's a gigantic arc for Arthur Curry. It may be tough for a lot of fans to watch what they're gonna see, how I portray him. But you gotta wait until we get to the solo movie to really know. Because he's not King yet." - Jason Momoa

Haven't read the rest of the article but it has spoiler warnings.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...oilers-a154531

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Ben on what Whedon brings to the story:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...league-a154532

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I won't be disappointed, but it would be nice (though I don't want Arthur to be a pompous windbag - it was fun on the cartoon, but it would be cheesy in the film, IMO).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I can't believe we're getting a Barry Allen Flash who hasn't even graduated from college yet .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    "Aquaman, he's not even really Aquaman yet. He's not the King of the Seven Seas. We don't really get there until my solo movie, at the end. Really, it's a huge growth for me. It's a gigantic arc for Arthur Curry. It may be tough for a lot of fans to watch what they're gonna see, how I portray him. But you gotta wait until we get to the solo movie to really know. Because he's not King yet." - Jason Momoa

Haven't read the rest of the article but it has spoiler warnings.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...oilers-a154531
    Interesting. I had a feeling he wasn't king yet from the videos of them filming and the way he acted in the first trailer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe we're getting a Barry Allen Flash who hasn't even graduated from college yet .
    Why not just use Wally West then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Why not just use Wally West then?
    Because he wasn't in the New 52 ?

But seriously though, Miller's Flash just feels more and more like Kid Flash then the actual Flash at this point.