Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Which is why I made the venn diagram! Which most generally agreed with and added to.

http://community.comicbookresources....-Personalities

I might add a 3rd bubble for Bart in the future. JLU Wally struck me as very Impulse esque.
    That is what I have always said. People who loved Wally in JLU actually loved him for personality traits more similar to Bart. In JL/JLU they were writing Wally just like Bart! Plus Miller's Barry Allen (so far) seems like Barry/Bart hybrid.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 10-15-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Which is why I made the venn diagram! Which most generally agreed with and added to.

http://community.comicbookresources....-Personalities

I might add a 3rd bubble for Bart in the future. JLU Wally struck me as very Impulse esque.
    This is perfect

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    That is what I have always said. People who loved Wally in JLU actually loved him for personality traits more similar to Bart. In JL/JLU they were writing Wally just like Bart! Plus Miller's Barry Allen (so far) seems like Barry/Bart hybrid.
    Al those qualities listed on the Wally circle seem like JLU Flash and don't seem like Bart to me. "Socially Engaged, Impatient, Stubborn, Sarcastic, Direct and Simple, Slightly Cocky... all those seem to describe JLU Flash, and i don't see Bart as Stubborn, Sarcastic or Slightly Cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I bet in this universe Dick Grayson will be older than Barry Allen. That just sounds mind-boggling.
    That is just wrong.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That is just wrong.
    Yea and it's wrong for Barry Allen's bff to be Cyborg and not Hal Jordan but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yea and it's wrong for Barry Allen's bff to be Cyborg and not Hal Jordan but there you have it.
    And it's wrong that the Justice League shouldn't form until Batman is on the downside of his career. This is the most egregious problem to me. To have Batman forming the JL when he's at the end of his career means any future JL stories will have to reboot, use a younger actor and just pretend the League formed when Batman was younger, or include a Batman that is near his sell-by date.

This is the biggest continuity problem in the DCEU (or whatever they're calling it): That Batman should fail to meet up with any other heroes until his career was nearly over. It completely neuters any future JL movie unless they leave Batman out and I'd say there's less than zero chance they'll make a JL movie without Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    Al those qualities listed on the Wally circle seem like JLU Flash and don't seem like Bart to me. "Socially Engaged, Impatient, Stubborn, Sarcastic, Direct and Simple, Slightly Cocky... all those seem to describe JLU Flash, and i don't see Bart as Stubborn, Sarcastic or Slightly Cocky.
    I don't think JLU Flash was stubborn or slightly cocky (at least anymore than any other speedster about being the fastest.) JLU Flash was more similar to Young Justice Impulse than Young Justice Kid Flash.

Mighty Member

Riesman clarified, "In all my interviews, DC folks were never disrespectful of Zack Snyder."

https://heroichollywood.com/dc-presi...nyders-vision/
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 10-15-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't think JLU Flash was stubborn or slightly cocky (at least anymore than any other speedster about being the fastest.) JLU Flash was more similar to Young Justice Impulse than Young Justice Kid Flash.
    Really? I thought JLU Wally and YJ Wally were incredibly similar in terms of core personality and characteristics.

Both were portrayed as semi-incompetent goofballs for comic relief. Both could be a stubborn butt at times. Both acted full of themselves. Both liked to pass themselves off as a ladies man. Both were incredibly snarky. Both had a habit of rushing head first into things and sticking their foot into their mouths. Both shows even considered humanity the strength of the character -- though I thought JLU did a much better job highlighting that.

There were obviously some differences as is the case when comparing any adaptations to one another, but the core of the character seemed to be pretty much the same to me on both shows. The big difference to me was JLU Wally retained a sense of responsibility and desire to do what he thought was right as a hero where those qualities were pretty much missing from the YJ adaptation.

As for Barry in the DCEU, I'm taking a wait and see approach. Though him being as young as he is and potentially the comic relief does feel kind of weird to me.
    Last edited by Rend20; 10-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.

I think that JLU Wally was like the comic book version of the characther in his first years as Flash. I never saw much of Bart in that show, Bart's humor come's more from his cuckoo cloud lander qualities, than putting his foot ob his mouth because he is trying to impress others.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Ben could be Batman for 6 more years or more, I really don't see that as a serious problem whatsoever.

Maybe so to a certain degree... I just can't agree with those who say that he is playing Barry just like Wally.
    Oh, he definitely isn't playing Barry like Wally. I hate it when that argument gets brought up. Just because Barry is being written as a little extroverted and funny doesn't mean he's being written like Wally. That just shows a very thin understanding of both characters.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Question: has Barry or Wally even been accurately portrayed in live-action or animated form? Not since the '80s ended, at any rate.
    I think what we saw of Barry in Young Justice was pretty damn spot on. Corny sense of humor, light hearted without being a joke, approachable and easy going.....they even work in the science angle with Neutron.

YJ Wally.....that one's a little harder to really dig into. I think they were taking Wally's adult, "as Flash" personality and trying to adapt it for a contemporary teenager, across media formats and continuities. But for all that, I did see a lot of OG comic Wally in the cartoon. It wasn't spot on but I think it was probably as good as we'll ever see.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Question: has Barry or Wally even been accurately portrayed in live-action or animated form? Not since the '80s ended, at any rate.
    What about Wally's portrayal as Kid Flash in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode? I know it was only a single episode, but he was fun without being the comic relief, was dealing with the pressure of filling in for Barry to a degree, and I thought his subplot with Jay was really good in terms of depth and execution.
    Last edited by Rend20; 10-15-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    And it's wrong that the Justice League shouldn't form until Batman is on the downside of his career. This is the most egregious problem to me. To have Batman forming the JL when he's at the end of his career means any future JL stories will have to reboot, use a younger actor and just pretend the League formed when Batman was younger, or include a Batman that is near his sell-by date.

This is the biggest continuity problem in the DCEU (or whatever they're calling it): That Batman should fail to meet up with any other heroes until his career was nearly over. It completely neuters any future JL movie unless they leave Batman out and I'd say there's less than zero chance they'll make a JL movie without Batman.
    It doesn't neuter any stories in the slightest. It's only an issue if fans make it one. There is no announcement of them rebooting within a new actor and if they do it will likely be because of the scandals attached to Affleck. The only reason to feel a younger Batman would be better is because that's what fans are used to.