Page 138 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 38881281341351361371381391401411421481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Aquaman has been channeling Namor for years. DC. Just has been better at putting him in the spotlight to get better brand recognition. This version of Aquaman is a pretty clear rip off of Namor but in saying that ....it is the first time/thing that has me interested in the DC films.

So continue forth DC in taking other companies ideas to make your characters more interesting.
    Are you serious? Marvel has always been far more guilty of this.
    Dc has The Flash, so Marvel create Quicksilver.
    Superman to Hyperion and The Sentry.
    Batman fights evil with money and Alfred's help? Well, Ironman does it with money and Jarvis. Moon-Knight is a Batman parody.
    Slade Wilson to Wade Wilson.
    Doom Patrol ripped off by X-Men.
    They liked Darkseid so much they ripped him off twice with Thanos and Apocalypse.
    I suppose you think Hawkeye predates Green-Arrow?
    And Ant-man totally isn't based on the Atom, right?
    And don't get me started on the Black Cat/Catwoman debacle.
    Peter Parker's classic protrayal has always had a lot in common with Clark Kent.
    Bullseye's creators were certainly inspired by Deadshot.
    The Nova corps concept is totally original.....not, rip off of the Green Lantern Corp.
    DC starts a team called the Justice League...soon after Marvel creates the fantastic 4.
    Bucky Barnes is a Robin ripoff.

And these are all off the top of my head; once I started typing, more and more unoriginal characters and concepts from Marvel that DC had already done came to mind, and here you are, saying that Dc take the ideas of others..

Flash is gonna look tiny compared to Superman, Batman, and now Aquaman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Who the hell comments on Aquaman unless they actually like the character? lol. I wouldn't have responded otherwise.
    Riiiiiight.

We get it. He's not White. Obviously completely wrong for the part.

My wish for the Suicide Squad movie: a small but pivotal role for Eel O'Brien.

Spectacular Member

I have a strong feeling that Aquaman is going to the be the one character that will stand out in the movie compared to the other characters. A lot of people in the public have a preconceived notion of the Aquaman character, and I think this movie can easily change people's perceptions about Aquaman (hopefully for the better).

I am still trying to figure out how Aquaman is now a rip off of Namor. Is it because he is not blond anymore?

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

With hollywood's predisposition for casting blonde males as bad guys, Black Manta will probably end up looking more like Aquaman than Aquaman does.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Flash is gonna look tiny compared to Superman, Batman, and now Aquaman
    Another reason why the Flash casting is questionable. He is a good up and coming actor, but he looks nothing at all like ANY Flash that we have ever seen. Looking the role is part of the craft. He will now also look diminutive and misplaced next to the other JLers. He'll end up being like 70 lbs. lighter than Aquaman. I find it doubtful that he'll even be bulking up for the role... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ultimate Member

Flash doesn't need to look huge. He needs to look like, well a runner. Fit but not necessarily overly-muscular. And honestly I don't care if he looks 100% like the character (there are things like make-up, hair dye, and other "movie magic" for that sort of thing anyway) as long as he gets the characters, character down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    With hollywood's predisposition for casting blonde males as bad guys, Black Manta will probably end up looking more like Aquaman than Aquaman does.
    That's the second reference you've made to this with nothing to back it up with, so I'm just going to peg you as a troll.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Flash doesn't need to look huge. He needs to look like, well a runner. Fit but not necessarily overly-muscular. And honestly I don't care if he looks 100% like the character (there are things like make-up, hair dye, and other "movie magic" for that sort of thing anyway) as long as he gets the characters, character down.
    I never said he needed to look huge... but he shouldn't look diminutive next to the other members. I'd have more confidence in the casting if they had looked at other people for the role as well. They didn't even have a casting process to see who was best for the role. I also doubt that they'll be able to make Miller look very convincing with blonde hair. Maybe they'll attempt to dye his hair and make him tanner with make up, like they did with Zachary Levi for Fandrall. Then again... Levi is no where near as pale as Miller so it may not work.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 02-20-2015 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Monkey View Post
    I have a strong feeling that Aquaman is going to the be the one character that will stand out in the movie compared to the other characters. A lot of people in the public have a preconceived notion of the Aquaman character, and I think this movie can easily change people's perceptions about Aquaman (hopefully for the better).

I am still trying to figure out how Aquaman is now a rip off of Namor. Is it because he is not blond anymore?
    As long as he doesn't end up being all "Blah blah blah my people! Blah blah blah!" I'm sorry, my disappointment with Zod is showing again. Anyway, bamf'ness without depth will change people's perceptions alright but it won't necessarily make him a fan favorite.

Miller being a lot smaller in stature than guys like Affleck and Mamoa will be fine. Flash and Cyborg are going to be the junior members of the Justice League. I think he'll still be Barry Allen but his role will be similar to Wally's on the JLU cartoon. The youthful exuberance works well with the speedster powers. Just look at Grant Gustin's Barry Allen, Quicksilver from DoFP, and of course Wally West from JLU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    Riiiiiight.

We get it. He's not White. Obviously completely wrong for the part.
    All I'm saying is that he's not my ideal Aquaman. I feel like he's being shafted yet again. So sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    All I'm saying is that he's not my ideal Aquaman. I feel like he's being shafted yet again. So sad.
    Luckily, sad for you means excitement for the majority who recognize his decade-long armored, long hair and beard look as the bad ass he is.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Not a huge fan of the over all color pallet of this costume, too dark, the oceans tend to be more colorful. My main worry is that people are going to think he's Poseidon from Wrath of the Titans or something like that. The similarities are there, and while I'm fine with the tattoos...the hair looks white rather then blonde, might be the filtering, but I would think that they would have kindly given him some more gold in his look. there's just something about it that...I don't know, I get the vibe that they're going to push a more "He needs to learn about the surface world" rather then show him to be the king people know him as. I really don't want DC to turn Arthur into Namor, just as I don't want Namor to become Arthur, and I want neither to become Poseidon.