Yeah, I don't see anything wrong in a past his prime Batman founding the JL. If Flashpoint or something deages him then that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It doesn't neuter any stories in the slightest. It's only an issue if fans make it one. There is no announcement of them rebooting within a new actor and if they do it will likely be because of the scandals attached to Affleck. The only reason to feel a younger Batman would be better is because that's what fans are used to.
    I never gotten the idea of why Batman is even viewed as young. Dick Grayson has been at least a late aged teen since the late sixties now an adult with multiple Robins succeeding him. Every actor to portray the character life action outside of the serials and Bale who was 31 has been late 30's and close to 40 if not over when had taken the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I never gotten the idea of why Batman is even viewed as young. Dick Grayson has been at least a late aged teen since the late sixties now an adult with multiple Robins succeeding him. Every actor to portray the character life action outside of the serials and Bale who was 31 has been late 30's and close to 40 if not over when had taken the role.
    I think it's just a post-Year One thing. Before that, I don't think anybody believed Batman to be in his 20's. Heck, Adam West, many people's first exposure to the character, was pushing 40 when he did the show.

Considering the heavy lifting is done by stuntmen, Affleck just has to look good in the suit; he can easily continue to play the character until he’s 50 or older, as long as he continues to look good. It’s a movie, not real life, so I don’t understand the worry about Affleck’s age.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, he definitely isn't playing Barry like Wally. I hate it when that argument gets brought up. Just because Barry is being written as a little extroverted and funny doesn't mean he's being written like Wally. That just shows a very thin understanding of both characters.
    Yeah... unfortunately it is the knee jerk reaction of certain fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think what we saw of Barry in Young Justice was pretty damn spot on. Corny sense of humor, light hearted without being a joke, approachable and easy going.....they even work in the science angle with Neutron.

YJ Wally.....that one's a little harder to really dig into. I think they were taking Wally's adult, "as Flash" personality and trying to adapt it for a contemporary teenager, across media formats and continuities. But for all that, I did see a lot of OG comic Wally in the cartoon. It wasn't spot on but I think it was probably as good as we'll ever see.
    Young Justice and JL: War were pretty spot on.

I think it was better than JL Wally. It was deeper since it showed him at two different stages of his life. The young adult Wally was WAY more mature than JL Wally. Hell... the YJ Kid Flash seemed more mature than JL Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Hell... the YJ Kid Flash seemed more mature than JL Wally.
    I wouldn't go that far lol

Whatever I can say about the DCEU's take on The Flash, I appreciate Ezra Miller's enthusiasm .

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    And it's wrong that the Justice League shouldn't form until Batman is on the downside of his career. This is the most egregious problem to me. To have Batman forming the JL when he's at the end of his career means any future JL stories will have to reboot, use a younger actor and just pretend the League formed when Batman was younger, or include a Batman that is near his sell-by date.

This is the biggest continuity problem in the DCEU (or whatever they're calling it): That Batman should fail to meet up with any other heroes until his career was nearly over. It completely neuters any future JL movie unless they leave Batman out and I'd say there's less than zero chance they'll make a JL movie without Batman.
    Or they set up Dick Grayson to take up the mantle.

None of what you said is an issue at all.

Did anyone complain about the DCAU having a pretty old Batman when the League forms? Because that guy was already Batman for a while when he gets Robin, making him well over 30 by the time he and Dick break off and it's implied a few years passed before Nightwing showed up. So yeah, at absolute least he's pushing well into his late 30s and probably is already in his early 40s when the League arrives.

Also, Wonder Woman was the baby of the team there, not appearing until the League itself assembled.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Its never funny to trivialize or joke about the topic of rape. Especially since so many lives are destroyed over such a heinous action. Rape should never be joked about, period.

Affleck should have kept his hypocritical mouth shut; whatever prompted him to speak indicates that there was more going on behind the scenes. Its a pity he is the best batman I have ever seen because now it seems inevitable that he will at some point get recasted as the dark knight. For the JLA movie, in my opinion, it is really too late to recast him.
    I think he spoke out because at some point he clearly got Harvey's nonsense, as indicated by McGowen showing that Affleck tried to stop to the actions of the man.

I think Affleck's case is a combination of fear for his career, and gratitude/debt to the man that helped him into Hollywood.

Not saying it justifies his silence, but it makes his silence very understandable. Paltrow is the weirdest one tho, because Harvey harassed her, but she continued to work with him.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Paltrow is the weirdest one tho, because Harvey harassed her, but she continued to work with him.
    People can put up with a lot of crap in Hollywood, because the dividends can be huge.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    So, I guess this is the week where someone will dig up something stupid that Ezra said or did years ago to start another boycott campaign against "Justice League", right?
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    So, I guess this is the week where someone will dig up something stupid that Ezra said or did years ago to start another boycott campaign against "Justice League", right?
    I wouldn't bet money against that happening, Mr. Crown.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    It happened before---people dug up a short film he directed showing an actor portraying Darren Wilson (murderer of Michael Brown) defending his crime in front of a mirror; people assumed it was in defense of Wilson when in fact it was the exact opposite.