Page 14 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast

Gotham - First Look

Just saw this online - Gotham first look (The team talking about what you can expect in Gotham). Check it out:

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    It does look awesome!

Glorious. Simply glorious!

Thanks, J!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    First, WB say that this is going to be basically MoS 2 with Batman as a central character but never stealing the spotlight. Then, they start adding Wonder Woman and other ties to a future DC cinematic universe. Not that I'm against it, but this made me think of Iron Man 2 and how the references and build-up to future movies hurt it.

And let's not forget that apparently Affleck has had some fights with Snyder and Goyer about the movie. The last rumor says that he brought a new writer to change the previous script.
    Where does this stuff come from? The BM vs SM movie (or whatever it ends up being called) is a MOS sequel. It has Henry Cavill and his entire supporting cast returning. Batman is a supporting character with WW in a glorified cameo (basically just a few scenes). Cyborg will most definitely be a cameo (probably as Victor Stone) and that is it.

As for the other rumors, they are just that: Rumors. Terrio was brought in to polish the script, not rewrite it from scratch. This is done all the time on nearly every movie ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    It does look awesome!

That is pretty awesome. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to The Flash series.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Batman being in the first revealed photos does not give me hope for the film. I know I'm probably exaggerating, but all the changes in the movie have made me pessimistic.
    What would be the point in showing a pic of Superman? We already saw him in the last movie. They're revealing the new Batman. That's big news any day.

Fantastic Member

If DC don't take advantage of Arrow's success it'll be a shame for the studio and the fans.

It is without a doubt the best comic book inspired television show ever, I'd say one of the better television shows ever and also probably the best superhero adaption. If not the best, certainly one of them. While Green Lantern flopped, the Nolan movies were off on their own and Batman Vs Superman got delayed, Arrow has been building the DCU all on it's own. Thanks to that one program, we got The Flash series and it has inspired things like Gotham and Constantine.

I don't know if every live-action DC show will be able to fit in the one universe due to the different channels and all that, but I think Arrow and Flash should at the very least. When the Justice League movie comes out, Green Arrow needs to be on the roster and played by Stephen Amell.

DC need to catch up now. Thor (Thor??!!) has had two movies AND will have teamed up with the Avengers on screen TWICE before Superman gets his sequel in cinemas. What kind of world is this lol? There will be two MCU television series next year, plus FOUR netflix series. If Warner Bros really want to expand DC comics on screen, they need to announce that the CW shows take place in the same universe as Man of Steel yesterday.

I'm all for combining the Arrow and The Flash tv shows with the MoSverse. With just one movie WB/DC would be caught up with their competitors. MoS 2 introduces Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg. Add to that GA and Flash. Then all the Justice League movie needs to do is introduce the new Green Lantern. There you go. A full roster. That way they don't have to spend half the movie with intros and origins.

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    If DC don't take advantage of Arrow's success it'll be a shame for the studio and the fans.

It is without a doubt the best comic book inspired television show ever, I'd say one of the better television shows ever and also probably the best superhero adaption. If not the best, certainly one of them. While Green Lantern flopped, the Nolan movies were off on their own and Batman Vs Superman got delayed, Arrow has been building the DCU all on it's own. Thanks to that one program, we got The Flash series and it has inspired things like Gotham and Constantine.

I don't know if every live-action DC show will be able to fit in the one universe due to the different channels and all that, but I think Arrow and Flash should at the very least. When the Justice League movie comes out, Green Arrow needs to be on the roster and played by Stephen Amell.

DC need to catch up now. Thor (Thor??!!) has had two movies AND will have teamed up with the Avengers on screen TWICE before Superman gets his sequel in cinemas. What kind of world is this lol? There will be two MCU television series next year, plus FOUR netflix series. If Warner Bros really want to expand DC comics on screen, they need to announce that the CW shows take place in the same universe as Man of Steel yesterday.
    I don't think Arrow needs to be on the roster...he isn't a founding member of JL(A), unless they go with the JLA: Year One story line.

Plus, I am not sure..they already have a human being on the team. Do they need one more? (There are people who still question Batman's role in JL).

Alright..I see your points, but so what?

Yeah, they have 4 tv series and a ton of movies, so what?

(not trying to be rude..just asking!)

Quantity isn't everything, right? Quality is the stuff that matters..and I am sure you know that.

I think DC can catch up with just 2 movies (SvB and JL)..with solid stories and proper execution.

Plus, isn't there already an archer in another super team (Hawkeye in Avengers..granted he isn't as popular, but I think we should get someone else in JL).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm all for combining the Arrow and The Flash tv shows with the MoSverse. With just one movie WB/DC would be caught up with their competitors. MoS 2 introduces Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg. Add to that GA and Flash. Then all the Justice League movie needs to do is introduce the new Green Lantern. There you go. A full roster. That way they don't have to spend half the movie with intros and origins.
    They don't have to spend any time with origins....Batman and Superman - check.

With the others characters, they could use introduce them..heck, they could start the movie in the middle of a battle and introduce characters slowly...there are several different ways to do it:

New person joins the team POV
    Channel exposition - (2 years ago, after the Metropolis incident...various heroes around the world go together and formed a team to combat future threats..or something like that).

Again, it comes down to execution.
    Last edited by Triple J; 05-13-2014 at 09:40 PM.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

All-New Member

I've always enjoyed watching the Justice League animated series. Now if they can make a series like that and then do a movie based on a major event that would be awesome. The problem with putting together a DC cinematic universe is that DC really only have very few characters that have widespread appeal (unlike Marvel). DC has Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Wonder Woman, and maybe Aquaman. That's pretty much the characters the general audience is aware of. Compare that to Spiderman, characters in X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic 4.... Marvel just have more to work with... of course it doesn't help that the rights to all those properties are not under the same movie making company... anyhow, I'm just rambling at this point....

I really hope there would eventually be a DC vs Marvel movie in the future. That would be EPIC!!!

Marvel's characters have no more innate widespread appeal than DC's does. It didn't just come out of the box like this for Marvel, they planned their movie verse, the fans took to it with the major characters which then allowed the lesser known characters to appear and begin to appeal in their own way. If DC can do the same then they're fine. But that's the challenge they face. There's one try under their belt in GL that failed miserably, so hopefully they learn from those mistakes.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    The show was #119 in the Nielsen ratings last season and most likely won't be that high this season. I love the show, but let's not go overboard on how successful the show is.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by FightMaster View Post
    I've always enjoyed watching the Justice League animated series. Now if they can make a series like that and then do a movie based on a major event that would be awesome. The problem with putting together a DC cinematic universe is that DC really only have very few characters that have widespread appeal (unlike Marvel). DC has Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Wonder Woman, and maybe Aquaman. That's pretty much the characters the general audience is aware of. Compare that to Spiderman, characters in X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic 4.... Marvel just have more to work with... of course it doesn't help that the rights to all those properties are not under the same movie making company... anyhow, I'm just rambling at this point....

I really hope there would eventually be a DC vs Marvel movie in the future. That would be EPIC!!!
    Not really. Avengers? General audience didn't know about Avengers....the only Marvel superheroes who were popular were Wolverine and Spiderman (I know this because I was part of general audience, up until recently).

They introduced a lot more Marvel characters to the general audience (Wide spread appeal because they have had exposure...they had movies for people to watch).

DC heroes, on the other hand, hasn't had that exposure...once they do, they will have the same widespread appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Marvel's characters have no more innate widespread appeal than DC's does. It didn't just come out of the box like this for Marvel, they planned their movie verse, the fans took to it with the major characters which then allowed the lesser known characters to appear and begin to appeal in their own way. If DC can do the same then they're fine. But that's the challenge they face. There's one try under their belt in GL that failed miserably, so hopefully they learn from those mistakes.
    There is really no proof of this. Both the Dark Knight trilogy and MoS grossed more than pretty much every Marvel movie, meanwhile the major flop GL is still the only major flop. Sure it was bad but Marvel had its initial failure too, Incredible Hulk. In fact think about it

> 2008: Iron Man and Hulk - Though Iron Man did well it was completely outshadowed by Dark Knight and as for Hulk, lets just say there is a reason there won't be another solo film for him
    > 2010: Iron Man 2 - Enough said was widely considered a disappointment
    > 2011: Thor 1 and Captain 1 - Faith restored in Marvel
    > 2012: Avengers - LOL MARVELS WINNING GIVE UP DC

Marvel rise was hardly inevitable and if we were in 2010 just after Iron Man 2 we would be saying that Marvel was probably doomed.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There is really no proof of this. Both the Dark Knight trilogy and MoS grossed more than pretty much every Marvel movie, meanwhile the major flop GL is still the only major flop. Sure it was bad but Marvel had its initial failure too, Incredible Hulk. In fact think about it

> 2008: Iron Man and Hulk - Though Iron Man did well it was completely outshadowed by Dark Knight and as for Hulk, lets just say there is a reason there won't be another solo film for him
    > 2010: Iron Man 2 - Enough said was widely considered a disappointment
    > 2011: Thor 1 and Captain 1 - Faith restored in Marvel
    > 2012: Avengers - LOL MARVELS WINNING GIVE UP DC

Marvel rise was hardly inevitable and if we were in 2010 just after Iron Man 2 we would be saying that Marvel was probably doomed.
    There will be another Hulk movie.

Batsuit Colored [Fan Edited]