BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I don't think Superman or Cyborg are going to get a solo film anytime soon. They'll be The Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye of the League, meaning only appearing in JL/event films or cameos in other films. Just a hunch though.
    But that's dumb really really dumb, but dumb decisions in the DCEU don't exactly surprise me by this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Is there any news/rumors about who will be in SS2
    I don't believe so which is surprising if that's being planned so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    If I'm remembering things correctly, this seems to be pretty much the slate that was at SD Comic-Con only Gotham City Sirens has replaced Justice League Dark.

(Man, I can't believe we might be getting a movie of Harley and her gal pals shaking their butts or something before a Superman sequel or a true Flash solo)
    I wouldn't boil Gotham City Sirens down to gal pals shaking their butts. While Superman does deserve his own solo sequel, he's been the main subject/inspiration for 4 out of the 5 movies.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    While Superman does deserve his own solo sequel, he's been the main subject/inspiration for 4 out of the 5 movies.
    This is what I'm thinking too. Superman IS the flagship character of DC Comics (yeah, sorry Bats), but he's been the subject of multiple movies dating all the way back to the 1940s. I think DCEU is more eager to try to showcase the wealth of DC characters that have never been in movies before. I can see the logic in that thinking.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

I get why Superman wouldn't get a sequel even though I'd like one. His character has been divisive at best for the past few years(at least in movies) and he's already had a solo film plus another feature film he was in and is making his comeback in JL. The best bet though is they are holding off announcing it as to not ruin the plot of JL but we'll see.

While I like the idea that the DCEU will be predominantly stand alone films (it makes it so we won’t have anymore confusion like we currently have with Wonder Woman’s history), it does worry me that there isn’t any current plans for anymore teamup movies after Justice League. I really want to see Darkseid in all his evil glory and not just some hint of him or a one and done. There is potential for a New Gods movie but I don’t think they have any immediate plans. I would just love for Darkseid to be established as a looming threat in the DCEU, but for that to happen there would have to be more interconnected stories.

I’m still worried that the League is going to knock him out in the last 5 minutes of the film.

3 Harley movies before a new Superman movie. That is just crazy to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I don't believe so which is surprising if that's being planned so soon.

I wouldn't boil Gotham City Sirens down to gal pals shaking their butts. While Superman does deserve his own solo sequel, he's been the main subject/inspiration for 4 out of the 5 movies.
    Superman is subject/inspiration for 4 out of 5 movies. Pardon me but i don't agree with you. He had one movie MoS. 2nd movie BvS simply used his name. And 3rd movie JL has him benched for most of the movie. People arrived in droves to see Batman and Superman fight in BvS. But for someone with his name on the poster, he was simply a supporting character if i am being kind to them.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-28-2017 at 02:01 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd be down for a Cavill/Adams Superman sequel. Them at the Daily Planet investigating, maybe an Intergang/Apokolips connection but fans probably want Supes finally to cut loose in the next flick.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    You know, I'm amazed how some people here are totally okay with a director having his work screw up by the studio...as long as it's Zack Snyder. In this case, they always think "it was for the best". Jeez...
    I'm actually not okay with it myself. In the end, though, I just want more DC films being made by WB. If it means a course correction, then so be it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    2nd movie BvS simply used his name.
    That's objectively not true.

...he was simply a supporting character if i am being kind to them.
    I find that an exaggeration as well. Even if you want to count Bruce Wayne/Batman as the sole protagonist, Superman was firmly the deuteragonist. And I feel that's still downplaying his prominence and role in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's objectively not true.

I find that an exaggeration as well. Even if you want to count Bruce Wayne/Batman as the sole protagonist, Superman was firmly the deuteragonist. And I feel that's still downplaying his prominence and role in the film.
    I am not speaking about the Ultimate Cut. I am speaking about the Theatrical Cut. The one which people were supposed to see in theaters. I am considering the screen time and the amount of dialogue. Most would agree about the screen time. I am posting something regarding dialogue. Apparently he had 43 lines throughout the 2.5 hr movie (42 if you do not count his last scream).

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Gues...an-125667.html

The lines in detail. (Including that last scream!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...s_of_dialogue/

Someone who is apparently the second most important character in the movie (Second because his name comes later. And its expected that Batman will get more screen time this being his 1st film) is barely a supporting character. (I have the right to feel cheated!). How was it sold to the general audience? Come see Batman v Superman!

If you speak of his importance then yes he is important just as Luke Skywalker was important in 'The Force Awakens'. Would you expect 'The Last Jedi' will have Luke's screen time so comically reduced? Superman was barely a character but more the plot.

This was supposed to be his sequel. Then it was morphed into Batman with Superman to set the foundation of Justice League. Next when they made the movie Superman had some role. But the movie was 3 hours. What did they cut? Clark Kent and Lois Lane's scenes. What did they keep? The numerous goofy dreams of Batman. Maybe, i am exaggerating that he was not a supporting character. But then at best i can say this much that he is a supporting character. BvS and JL are not Superman films.

We can of course argue if number of lines are important or not. But Superman is supposed to be one of the Trinity. He has fans around the world. Even films like 'Superman Returns' earned more then 'Batman Begins' back then. MoS earned 666 mn. It is fine if they want to make films with all types of characters. But i am not okay if they never make a Superman sequel with him as the lead. Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are pretty good. Why waste them in supporting roles or less?

I would see both Gotham City Sirens as well as Man Of Steel 2. Why is DC not taking twice from my wallet!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-28-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If we're getting a SS2 they better go with Ostrander's team and tone if they want to win viewers again. Just like how Captain America 1 went from a typical origin film to a action heavy spy thriller in the sequel. Good bye to the old team. My team would be Bronze Tiger, Vixen, Nightshade, Count Vertigo, Plastique, Mirror Master, and Bane or Poison Ivy. I don't think you need to waste any team members. Amp up the risk but also have consequences on the mission. I think having members who are good and some who are bad is good enough to create toxic chemistry between them.

Superman not getting another film is dissapointing but expected. We'll see if they know what to do with him after Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I would see both Gotham City Sirens as well as Man Of Steel 2. Why is DC not taking twice from my wallet!
    Well, I doubt those are the only two DC movies you would watch so I think they'll be taking plenty from your wallet anyway. I think Man of Steel 2 will happen eventually, even if not until 2020. Didn't Matthew Vaughn say he was in talks?

Also for some perspective, Superman has had 6 theatrical films even if you want to exclude BvS. And a ton of other media fare over decades. Every other DC fandom which is not Batman wants to see their character/brand finally get the chance that Superman/Batman always got. If others could wait for entire lifetimes just for one movie, I think it's not asking much of the Superman fandom to wait for another couple of years or so for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, I doubt those are the only two DC movies you would watch so I think they'll be taking plenty from your wallet anyway. I think Man of Steel 2 will happen eventually, even if not until 2020. Didn't Matthew Vaughn say he was in talks?

Also for some perspective, Superman has had 6 theatrical films even if you want to exclude BvS. And a ton of other media fare over decades. Every other DC fandom which is not Batman wants to see their character/brand finally get the chance that Superman/Batman always got. If others could wait for entire lifetimes just for one movie, I think it's not asking much of the Superman fandom to wait for another couple of years or so for a sequel.
    Of course not! There are more films by which DC can rob me. I mentioned Gotham City Sirens because their posteriors came up during discussion. Frustration over lack of a Superman sequel is natural. We have such a fine Lois Lane. Actors are neat but the scripts are down. It is strange that DC won't make a Superman movie without giving a fair chance to win over the audience. The films are divisive over critics and fans. They are financially sound. Meaning audience will accept it. If 'Superman Returns' can earn that much what if they actually make a good movie? (Accepted by both fans and critics). This is Superman we are speaking about. One of the most popular characters ever.

What else can i do but wait? Maybe 2020!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-28-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    If we're getting a SS2 they better go with Ostrander's team and tone if they want to win viewers again. Just like how Captain America 1 went from a typical origin film to a action heavy spy thriller in the sequel. Good bye to the old team. My team would be Bronze Tiger, Vixen, Nightshade, Count Vertigo, Plastique, Mirror Master, and Bane or Poison Ivy. I don't think you need to waste any team members. Amp up the risk but also have consequences on the mission. I think having members who are good and some who are bad is good enough to create toxic chemistry between them.

Superman not getting another film is dissapointing but expected. We'll see if they know what to do with him after Justice League.
    There's no way Harley is not going to be in this.

She was the most marketed and standout character in the first movie.