Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    If we're getting a SS2 they better go with Ostrander's team and tone if they want to win viewers again. Just like how Captain America 1 went from a typical origin film to a action heavy spy thriller in the sequel. Good bye to the old team. My team would be Bronze Tiger, Vixen, Nightshade, Count Vertigo, Plastique, Mirror Master, and Bane or Poison Ivy. I don't think you need to waste any team members. Amp up the risk but also have consequences on the mission. I think having members who are good and some who are bad is good enough to create toxic chemistry between them.

Superman not getting another film is dissapointing but expected. We'll see if they know what to do with him after Justice League.
    Sadly I don’t see them changing the tone or drastically changing the lineup. Despite the fact that Suicide Squad was a pretty horrible movie it still made a ton of money. So i don’t see WB course correcting with this one.
    But I would love to see Bronze Tiger added to the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    If I'm remembering things correctly, this seems to be pretty much the slate that was at SD Comic-Con only Gotham City Sirens has replaced Justice League Dark.

(Man, I can't believe we might be getting a movie of Harley and her gal pals shaking their butts or something before a Superman sequel or a true Flash solo)
    Well you must be a fan of the "Slap A Jap Era" Supes to say something so sexist at a time when Diana's "Butt Shake"/Movie just KOed Superman and Batman at the box office.

You might not think much of them but those are strong characters and Harley is a Juggernut. DC is a business first and foremost. If they can diversify and keep their finger in the pulse then why not. Harley is hot right now, WW has done wonders in breaking down walls surrounding female lead SH movies so you strike while the iron is hot.

Superman can wait let others get their movie.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I have no problem with other characters and franchises getting a shot. I just don't think that requires Superman being put on the back burner or ignored. You CAN have Suicide Squad sequels, Flashpoint, Shazam , alongside another Superman movie. I mean, Batman has had as many big screen movies as Supes yet you don't see anyone saying " Batman has had enough exposure. Let's make that Doom Patrol movie instead."
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I have no problem with other characters and franchises getting a shot. I just don't think that requires Superman being put on the back burner or ignored. You CAN have Suicide Squad sequels, Flashpoint, Shazam , alongside another Superman movie. I mean, Batman has had as many big screen movies as Supes yet you don't see anyone saying " Batman has had enough exposure. Let's make that Doom Patrol movie instead."
    I second that!!! DC/WB I command you! Give me Superman!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Honestly, what reason do we have to believe that that list is in any way a complete list? DC/WB has been promising a MOS sequel for about a year now. They can't be unaware of the fact that people don't trust them as fully as people trust the MCU at this point. Constantly making empty promises that they have no intention of keeping is NOT going to win them any extra trust.

If they say they're working on it, I'm inclined to believe them. If they haven't announced a release date yet, then I'm inclined to assume there's a reason. Personally? I'm wondering if they're waiting to make an announcement until after Justice League drops. For one thing, the success or failure of Justice League may indeed change their plans considerably. If JL bombs, there may be no MOS 2 for quite some time because DC/WB may be re-thinking their entire movie strategy at that point. If it succeeds sufficiently to merit continuing to move forward, they may have several new announcements to make in a relatively short period of time. If it succeeds extremely well, we may see a LOT more announcements coming soon because that will mean that we've turned a corner and that the early problems of MOS, BvS, and SS are now well-behind us.

So yeah, WB may be holding back announcing MOS 2 for that reason, or they could also be holding it back because they're still making at least a half-hearted attempt to maintain the "Superman is dead" attitude they've been maintaining since last year. Once he is well and truly back and the audience is aware of this? Now THAT'S the time to ride the wave and say "Yes, people! Not only is he back, he's got a sequel coming out in another year or two!"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sadly I don’t see them changing the tone or drastically changing the lineup. Despite the fact that Suicide Squad was a pretty horrible movie it still made a ton of money. So i don’t see WB course correcting with this one.
    But I would love to see Bronze Tiger added to the team!
    Ya, just wishful thinking lol. Honestly Rick Flag and I guess Deathstroke isn't needed. Ben can lead the team himself perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's no way Harley is not going to be in this.

She was the most marketed and standout character in the first movie.
    Oh yeah her...to be honest couldn't Poison Ivy still fill her role for being marketable? Poison Ivy can be as big as Harley. Reason I didn't include Harley because she's going to be in Gotham Sirens so I don't know if she would still be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Oh yeah her...to be honest couldn't Poison Ivy still fill her role for being marketable? Poison Ivy can be as big as Harley. Reason I didn't include Harley because she's going to be in Gotham Sirens so I don't know if she would still be in jail.
    A person who was there claims that Ivy was teased for Batgirl at the SDCC sneak peak of the slate in July. So the theory was she'd be introduced in Babs's movie before appearing in Sirens.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-28-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

I was worried they would make Cyborg too bulky (like Jim Lee’s design), but I think they actually made him too skinny. He looks kinda creepy with those tiny arms. Reminds me of the Ray Harryhausen skeletons from Sinbad.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I was worried they would make Cyborg too bulky (like Jim Lee’s design), but I think they actually made him too skinny. He looks kinda creepy with those tiny arms. Reminds me of the Ray Harryhausen skeletons from Sinbad.
    His arms being tiny make his hand cannons look weird. His overall figure looks frightening. I'm guessing his body is supposed to be based on a skeleton.

Cyborg is supposed to look kind of creepy anyway and we shouldn't forget he still hasn't learned to control the mother box. Naturally everything he does during those preliminary stages is supposed to look weird both to Vic and to the audience. Maybe he would look bulkier in his next movie appearance.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-28-2017 at 03:05 PM.

The posters for this movie are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cyborg is supposed to look kind of creepy anyway and we shouldn't forget he still hasn't learned to control the mother box. Naturally everything he does during those preliminary stages is supposed to look weird both to Vic and to the audience. Maybe he would look bulkier in his next movie appearance.
    Well there have been some clips that possibly show Vic going into an “armor mode”. When his whole face gets covered it looks as if his body also gets armored up.

Incredible Member