Page 143 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 28116
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

This last episode of Arrow pissed me off so much, I had to write something about it.

1. The whole "Thea might feel guilty" angle is totally out there and unrealistic. "Oh no she might feel bad so let me go risk my life against the man who completely owned me". I get the "someone else beat me" thing but it's just far too much of a stretch. Stupid, and unnecessary. Somehow killing dozens of assassins while rescuing Merlyn is of no consequence though.

2. Why is Ray Palmer, AKA the Atom, a fucking Iron Man knock-off? He's a superhero who shrinks. As if the re-writing of his personality weren't enough. Let's just make up some shit. Give him a jet pack.

3. Ra's wanting Oliver to replace him is just a painfully laughable rip off of Batman. They've now gone even farther in turning Oliver into a watered down Bruce Wayne. It's a hallmark of Batman, now co-opted for this shit soap opera.

Astonishing Member

theres a similar thread alr.

BANNED

Already a thread I think but the Flash is DC's only good show right now. That show is amazing IMO. Arrow is so bad right now, Constantine is not bad but it's getting dull and I've been watching it pretty infrequently.

Clark Kent

GREEN LANTERN(all main green lanterns) CASTING CHOICES:

Chris Pine as Hal Jordan
    Idris Elba as John Stewart
    Bradley Cooper as Guy Gardner
    Jake Gyllenhaal as Kyle Rayner
    Kristen Kreuk as Jessica Cruz
    Neil Patrick Harris as Alan Scott
    Wentworth Miller as Simon Baz

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    TP is telepathy, or mental powers. And Namora is a 100 tonner when dry. Aquaman is like 60 on land. Plus, Namor can fly. Aquaman still detrys him in water, and if he gets TP he's destroys him easy.
    Aquaman can shoot himself out of the water. Also he's got cosmic beings and gods on his side. Who does Namor have? Sue Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DC>Marvel View Post
    GREEN LANTERN(all main green lanterns) CASTING CHOICES:

Chris Pine as Hal Jordan
    Idris Elba as John Stewart
    Bradley Cooper as Guy Gardner
    Jake Gyllenhaal as Kyle Rayner
    Kristen Kreuk as Jessica Cruz
    Neil Patrick Harris as Alan Scott
    Wentworth Miller as Simon Baz
    Wentworth Miller as Simon Baz?

Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Wentworth Miller as Simon Baz?
    lol just being a troll

BANNED

lol just being a troll
    Shoulda picked up on that. I kinda want to see NPH as Alan Scott though...interesting...

Already a thread I think but the Flash is DC's only good show right now. That show is amazing IMO. Arrow is so bad right now, Constantine is not bad but it's getting dull and I've been watching it pretty infrequently.
    The Flash is "good" for casual viewers, but I think it just reaches so far with the changes that it bears so little relation to the comics. Zoom is training Barry? And Barry, who is now basically Peter Parker, grew up with Iris? And Iris is dating Eobard Thawne? And Linda Park is dating Barry? It's all just so...why.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    The Flash is "good" for casual viewers, but I think it just reaches so far with the changes that it bears so little relation to the comics. Zoom is training Barry? And Barry, who is now basically Peter Parker, grew up with Iris? And Iris is dating Eobard Thawne? And Linda Park is dating Barry? It's all just so...why.
    I don't think we're watching the same show. It's Eddie Thawne, not Eobard. We don't know Wells' motives and he's not training Barry. I don't see any similarities between Barry and Peter Parker but I do see similarities between Barry Allen and Barry Allen.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

havent seen any of these threads around lately, thought I would start one. This is the place to start all your discussion and talk about the any media involving DC Comics and its Cinematic Universe.
    This thread isn't need because it's way too broad of a topic.

Hmm, thread merged. We still have two different threads though - this was intended to be a cinematic universe thread (and the other one on DC comics in other media). So, perhaps change the title back to DC Cinematic Universes?

(I don't recommend merging the other one with this since that will make the thread too broad).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Hmm, thread merged. We still have two different threads though - this was intended to be a cinematic universe thread (and the other one on DC comics in other media). So, perhaps change the title back to DC Cinematic Universes?

(I don't recommend merging the other one with this since that will make the thread too broad).
    I think its good we talk about the cinematic universe, the flarrowverse and animated movies/tv shows. not too much to handle

I don't think we're watching the same show. It's Eddie Thawne, not Eobard. We don't know Wells' motives and he's not training Barry. I don't see any similarities between Barry and Peter Parker but I do see similarities between Barry Allen and Barry Allen.
    Right, so who the fuck is Eddie Thawne?

Who the fuck is Wells for that matter? He's wearing a yellow suit, has access to future information, and beats Barry up, with implications he wants him to be a better hero. And if he's not training Barry, he's coaching him.

It doesn't feel like Barry. Not only did they use the terrible retcon for his origin, they had to make him a lovesick puppy with lifelong geek victim status. That's now the Barry I know.

It doesn't feel like the Flash. CW does it's formulaic soap opera crap while making huge departures from the stories and personalities. It's watchable, and I watch it, but it's not an honest quality representation of the Flash. It's just not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Right, so who the fuck is Eddie Thawne?

Who the fuck is Wells for that matter? He's wearing a yellow suit, has access to future information, and beats Barry up, with implications he wants him to be a better hero. And if he's not training Barry, he's coaching him.

It doesn't feel like Barry. Not only did they use the terrible retcon for his origin, they had to make him a lovesick puppy with lifelong geek victim status. That's now the Barry I know.

It doesn't feel like the Flash. CW does it's formulaic soap opera crap while making huge departures from the stories and personalities. It's watchable, and I watch it, but it's not an honest quality representation of the Flash. It's just not.
    The Barry Allen you know has like 7 years of recent publishing. Its not like he is Superman where there are hundred over stories to adapt from.
    The way I see it, CW's Barry Allen is a version of the Flash from recent publishing. He's been shown to be a bit of a nerd and kinda has this awkward thing about him which I think the show represented very well especially in the new 52 version of flash.
    The identity of Eddie Thawne and Wells will be revealed in due time. This is just a staple tv show tactic, misleading the audience and then doing a big reveal at the end of the season (some comicbooks does it also esp Grant Morrison ones) It doesn't matter if they're using a retcon of the origins, it originated from the comics and its making DC comics very relevant. With regards to him being a lovesick puppy, I think thats just because they didnt want Barry to end up with Iris right off the bat. How boring is it to have him date his first gf and marry her. I like the idea that he's dating around, linda park, felicity, maybe even patty spivot (where is she?)