Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinr View Post
    That sounds right tbf, I really hope it gets good reviews, or will critics pan it regardless if its seen as good/very good amongs viewers just because it’s still technically a Snyder film, and critics don’t tend to like Snyder.

I’m also really interested to see what Joss Whedon added/removed, or is it more of a ‘smoothing over the edges’ scenario?
    They also seem to be keeping the whole Superman reveal very close to the vest. They may be reluctant to move up the social media embargo because of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Not if the interaction in JL is really good. This would also be a great way to establish legit stakes in the DCFU. It'd be interesting to see a JL2, in which Dick is Batman because Bruce died on the job.

Watching Ragnarok made it more apparent that, besides spinoffs, there's literally no stakes that matter in thsee comic book movies.
    That's true, good point, I just don't think Superman's screen-time would allow for much dialogue between the two, and if there's a death at the end, then no casual non-crisis talk either. No real friendship to develop outside of the battlefield. I'm totally with you on there not being stakes anymore which sucks and I wouldn't be against seeing Dick in the cowl, I just want a little more time for the characters to breathe with each other. Dying at the end of JL 2 or something would be preferable.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    They also seem to be keeping the whole Superman reveal very close to the vest. They may be reluctant to move up the social media embargo because of spoilers
    I could totally see that. The ending also seems to have been changed if I remember reading old reports right and it's probably one that "matters" going forward.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

That and the whole twitter fiasco of increased characters.

A week to go guys!!!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

So this is pretty crazy. Apparently Trump is trying to kill the AT&T purchase of Time Warner as a means of trying to kill CNN. For the sake of this thread, this could leave the DCEU in developmental purgatory, as many of the “announced” DCEU films were made to make Time Warner look more attractive to AT&T and would be up to them to actually make. I think this leaves Deathstroke, Nightwing, Black Adam solo, Gotham City Sirens and everything else that isn’t Shazam, The Batman and WW2 in limbo.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/08/re...f-cnn-is-sold/

Post-JUSTICE LEAGUE DC Films Won't Have to 'All Fit into the Same Universe', With 2018 Described as a 'Reset Year'

https://www.newsarama.com/37270-post...-universe.html

Batman movie without Affleck, sure..

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Post-JUSTICE LEAGUE DC Films Won't Have to 'All Fit into the Same Universe', With 2018 Described as a 'Reset Year'

https://www.newsarama.com/37270-post...-universe.html

Batman movie without Affleck, sure..
    Terrible article! They took Emmerich ‘s quote from the Wall Street Journal article a couple days ago and built a “reboot” narrative around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    "Email I just received tells me the JUSTICE LEAGUE review embargo is up at 1:50AM CST on November 15th. That's, uh, a weirdly specific time."
    https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/...54352327708672
    THANKS! What an excellent sign!

New (non spoiler) interview with Danny Elfman. For those like me who were not thrilled with bringing back the Batman 89 theme (or the Williams Superman theme), he says “there’s maybe one moment of Batman 89 in there”. Also, a peek at how he incorporated the Williams theme:

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/11...?sf154761251=1
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Here’s the track mentioned:

"Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    THANKS! What an excellent sign!
    I am not sure but are you be sarcastic here with your posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Terrible article! They took Emmerich ‘s quote from the Wall Street Journal article a couple days ago and built a “reboot” narrative around it.
    Unsurprising. Also apparently that Mashable article about JL getting 33% on RT mentioned that Snyder was forced to hand JL over, for stupidity like that, Snyder felt he had to make the news about his daughter public. Truly sad man.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I am not sure but are you be sarcastic here with your posts?
    No, I'm not. It sounds to me like the critic embargo is being lifted earlier than they'd previously said. I read that as a vote of confidence even if it didn't get the radical change to the embargo that WW did. We've been told again and again that if the embargo lifts early (this is earlier than we were told only 24 hours ago) it will be based on good reaction to fan screenings and general buzz. And they did lift it early. Not by a lot, but by some. That seems to me like unambiguously good news.

Fantastic Member

So it looks like the social media embargo will be lifted tomorrow. We should start getting info soon on the Justice League movie. If the Embargo is lifted tomorrow seems like a good sign.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So it looks like the social media embargo will be lifted tomorrow. We should start getting info soon on the Justice League movie. If the Embargo is lifted tomorrow seems like a good sign.
    A very good sign! That's at least a week early. WB must be certain that the reviews will be mostly positive. If there were any doubt, then they'd be setting the movie up for over a WEEK of bad word-of-mouth. That would freaking KILL the movie's box office for sure.

Nope. I think we can all officially breathe easy, folks. Looks like we've got a live one here!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--