Fantastic Member

I really hope Justice Leauge is good I did not enjoy Thor Ragnorok it was far too jokey for its own good. Funny moments are fine I think you need them but they become a detriment when they step all over the moments that give the movie stakes and depth.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    So it looks like the social media embargo will be lifted tomorrow. We should start getting info soon on the Justice League movie. If the Embargo is lifted tomorrow seems like a good sign.
    Do you have the source of this? The VP of media at Regal Cinemas was asked about this on Twitter and he said he hadn't heard anything about the embargo lifting yet.

Jeremy Conrad, one of the press folks who was among the first to call the film's runtime, also says in response to the Q that he hasn't heard anything about the embargo lifting but has heard good things.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A very good sign! That's at least a week early. WB must be certain that the reviews will be mostly positive. If there were any doubt, then they'd be setting the movie up for over a WEEK of bad word-of-mouth. That would freaking KILL the movie's box office for sure.

Nope. I think we can all officially breathe easy, folks. Looks like we've got a live one here!
    just to clarify. this the social media embargo, not the critical review embargo. that remains november 15th

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    just to clarify. this the social media embargo, not the critical review embargo. that remains november 15th
    Could someone explain the difference between social media embargoes & critic embargoes? I don’t know what this is, unfortunately.

Edit: I mean, I know what it means for critics, but I have no clue what the other is lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Could someone explain the difference between social media embargoes & critic embargoes? I don’t know what this is, unfortunately.
    The social media embargo prevents reviewers from even talking about the movie on social media. They're not even supposed to say "I saw Justice League. It was good." on social media until the embargo lifts.

The critic embargo prevents reviewers from posting their full reviews of the film (which often contain spoilers) until a certain time. The lifting of the critic embargo is also when the Rotten Tomatoes score comes into play as critics post their reviews there.

In the past, the social media embargo gets lifted early. Reviewers can't give their full reviews, but they're allowed to give their opinion on the movie in order to build up hype. Obviously, a studio isn't going to lift the social media embargo for a film if they think there's ANY chance that the reviewers are going to scream "This movie SUCKS! Don't see it!" the second they have the right to do so.

The best example of the social media embargo being lifted early is Wonder Woman. The social media embargo was lifted about a week before the release date because WB was convinced that the reviewers were going to give it a good review. They were right. Reviewers weren't able to give their full reviews until about three days before the release date, but they were able to give their opinion of the movie on social media. So for about a week, you've got a ton of reviewers saying "Wonder Woman is SO good!" on social media? Yeah, that helped. A lot.

So in short? Social media lets the reviewers state their opinions to their followers but not their full reviews. Critic embargo means everyone who has seen the movie is now free to talk about the movie any way they like, pretty much.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The social media embargo prevents reviewers from even talking about the movie on social media. They're not even supposed to say "I saw Justice League. It was good." on social media until the embargo lifts.

The critic embargo prevents reviewers from posting their full reviews of the film (which often contain spoilers) until a certain time. The lifting of the critic embargo is also when the Rotten Tomatoes score comes into play as critics post their reviews there.

In the past, the social media embargo gets lifted early. Reviewers can't give their full reviews, but they're allowed to give their opinion on the movie in order to build up hype. Obviously, a studio isn't going to lift the social media embargo for a film if they think there's ANY chance that the reviewers are going to scream "This movie SUCKS! Don't see it!" the second they have the right to do so.

The best example of the social media embargo being lifted early is Wonder Woman. The social media embargo was lifted about a week before the release date because WB was convinced that the reviewers were going to give it a good review. They were right. Reviewers weren't able to give their full reviews until about three days before the release date, but they were able to give their opinion of the movie on social media. So for about a week, you've got a ton of reviewers saying "Wonder Woman is SO good!" on social media? Yeah, that helped. A lot.

So in short? Social media lets the reviewers state their opinions to their followers but not their full reviews. Critic embargo means everyone who has seen the movie is now free to talk about the movie any way they like, pretty much.
    Gotcha, thank you. I thought saying things on SM like “it was good! Review coming after embargo” was covered under the general critic embargo, not realizing that it was 2 different things. “The more you know”, as they say.

Thanks!

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

By the way, did anyone listen to that piece I posted from the soundtrack? Very interesting way to incorporate things, I thought.

Incredible Member

Fantastic Member

I don't see that as being such a bad thing fact is Marvel's movies have been better than DC's and most of what has been adapted is from Bendis a lot of what we have seen is taken from the Ultimate Universe also Bendis has contacts in Hollywood which would help get the movies made. It's not like DC is making smash hits they need all the help they can get.
    Last edited by reni344; 11-08-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    If it's true, I don't think this is a big deal. Bendis being "part of the movie table" and pitching story ideas isn't the same as actually making those decisions, which is what Johns and Berg are doing, which then has to be approved by their own higher ups. Besides, BMB hasn't actually written anything for DC yet, so it's not like they could use his material as the basis for a movie story, like the MCU did before. For all intents and purposes, Bendis is "the new kid" here, so he won't have the same power Johns has, again, if the report is indeed true.

Besides the article is very hyperbolic. Not everything Bendis has done is "PC garbage".
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-08-2017 at 08:08 PM.

This all makes me really curious to know where Bendis' vision and passion for the DCU lie .

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

**NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED**

But keep your eye on social media tomorrow at 9:00am.
    https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/928433793198727168

The mystery deepens :P
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    How is this a bad thing when Bendis was getting marvel movie money before when he used to pitch ideas for the mcu, he was consulted on Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, he works with Sony on the animated Miles Morales movie. People's issues with Bendis have been blown out proportion to the point it's a meme of itself and more importantly has blinded people to the creative influence Bendis has had and still has, if anything the DC/WB need to throw their whole roundtable of people in the trash anyway and start DCEU afresh with the Flashpoint storyline they want to do so badly.

As for the article itself, Bleeding Cool speculating on the situation shouldn't be used as a fact, the person who wrote this has issues I don't even want touch on right now, but more than that, stating something as fact when it's not i.e falsely giving information can lead to legal trouble with companies which makes it even more obvious the writer doesn't even know basic journalism, and if they don't know that, why would I think they actually know how to report on something correctly while using facts.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-08-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    PST though.... It's like 2am. 7hours to go lol
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member

I read some interesting stuff here.
    Re: I feel like DC still doesn't know what they're doing
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...533499&page=18
    Last edited by mace11; 11-09-2017 at 05:05 AM.