The reviews are out. Mostly positive it seems.

BANNED

Incredible Member

be careful of some posts I read a spoiler possibly small that I was I didn’t. From what im reading non spoliers though its a fun film with fun charcaters specifically flash and aquaman stealing the show, wonder woman is clearly the best of the crew, cyborg and the villian are the weak links and the atory feels narratively messy and rushed. With the movie being 2 hours with credits, read there are 2 credit scenes btw, it could have been a lot worst so ill take mixed to okay reviews.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Good but not amazing seems to be the consensus. That's all it needed to be! Bring on next week!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Based on the reactions I've seen so far, I have a feeling JL will settle in the 60-70s on RT. Perhaps 80s if the critics are extra-wowed by the fun.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

The critics make it sound like Avengers; fun characters, and action, but bland narrative, with a weak villain.

The messy narrative makes sense given we know that they shaved off around 30min of footage.

Also, it sounds like if you liked world building and layered story of BvS, then you'll only walk out of this movie thinking "that was okay".

Also, God damn is the JL score generic as all hell.

Jeez, never let Elfman score a DCFU movie again. If you're not gonna try and wow then stay at home.

There's a lot of "It's ok.", "It's not perfect.", "It's fine.", etc. Sounds like a mixed bag, but at least they're saying it's fun/funny.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Based on the reactions I've seen so far, I have a feeling JL will settle in the 60-70s on RT. Perhaps 80s if the critics are extra-wowed by the fun.
    Seems a solid bet, but I am just relieved thanks to the social embargo we don't have to sift through BS over the weekend over people who may or may not have seen the movie.

What is crazy is there is people who have seen the film 2-3 times already..!!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

It sounds like this'll fail where Wonder Woman succeeded: have some actual substance in spite of its format.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    There's a lot of "It's ok.", "It's not perfect.", "It's fine.", etc. Sounds like a mixed bag, but at least they're saying it's fun/funny.
    To me, a lot of the reactions read like longtime DCEU-haters or MCU fanboys (or both) who know if they outright bash the film they'll lose all credibility, so they're giving it a much more believable "good but not great" review instead. Unfortunately for most of these people, they already lost all credibility with me years ago, so I don't really care what they have to say about the film. I think it looks fantastic and can't wait to see it.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    That sounds like Thor Ragnarok.

Hans Zimmer's absence is definitely felt by the official score. Danny Elfman really did peak in 2002. I don't understand how he can go from the greatness of the Raimi Spider-Man films to whatever hack job this was.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    To me, a lot of the reactions read like longtime DCEU-haters or MCU fanboys (or both) who know if they outright bash the film they'll lose all credibility, so they're giving it a much more believable "good but not great" review instead. Unfortunately for most of these people, they already lost all credibility with me years ago, so I don't really care what they have to say about the film. I think it looks fantastic and can't wait to see it.
    Or that's how they actually feel. Shocking notion for some people I know. Not everything has to come down to "they're biased."

So wait, after all of the (sometimes unfair) bashing of BvS we had to endure, some here are disappointed with “good not great”? Am I reading this right?

If this movie, a Snyder movie, gets scored in the 60’s to 70’s, that’s a goddamn win for us DCEU fans lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."