Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Same happened to me, lol. Monday @ 7. Hopefully I at least have fun!
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy it.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I don't think a Flashpoint movie would be appropriate right now.
    If WB/DC is trying to bring in new fans and keep general audiences engaged, they need to sometimes step away from the hardcore fan service (like in BvS).

A Flashpoint movie right now I can see Geoff Johns driving (and I'm not a particularly huge fan of his) and his next pet project. Personally, they need to stay away from stories like that so soon into their "universe" fully interconnected, or not. I hope they change their minds on a Flashpoint movie, it'll just confuse the sh*t out of the general audience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I don't think a Flashpoint movie would be appropriate right now.
    If WB/DC is trying to bring in new fans and keep general audiences engaged, they need to sometimes step away from the hardcore fan service (like in BvS).

A Flashpoint movie right now I can see Geoff Johns driving (and I'm not a particularly huge fan of his) and his next pet project. Personally, they need to stay away from stories like that so soon into their "universe" fully interconnected, or not. I hope they change their minds on a Flashpoint movie, it'll just confuse the sh*t out of the general audience.
    I wouldn't get too worried about that.

Remember Civil War the comic? And how Civil War the movie was barely even similar? Andhow Winter Soldier the comic and Winter Soldier the movie basically just had the Winter Soldier character in common? And how CW Flash's Flashpoint was nothing like the comics version except for the most basic plot element?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I just hope any FLASHPOINT movie doesn't result in any stupid erasure of history or retcons. Leave the past alone and just move forward. If JL is turning out the way the social media reactions seem to indicate it is, then it's not needed.

Last thing we need is to see Supes reverted to the Donner origin and all of BvS being undone because a small contingent of vocal malcontents can't get over that Supes killed Zod and Batman broke his no kill rule for like 10 mins of his career ,even though previous cinematic and comic versions did both. Just tell stories now. No need to confuse the GA with a stupid reboot. I mean, we've all seen what constant reboots have done to the comics. Let's not go there for the movies.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I just hope any FLASHPOINT movie doesn't result in any stupid erasure of history or retcons.
    It almost certainly will not.

And when you get right to it, in the comics it was DC's desire to reboot that lead to Flashpoint, not the other way round.

Also, the general audience seems to handle reboots and continuity issues a whole lot better than the comic book fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It almost certainly will not.

And when you get right to it, in the comics it was DC's desire to reboot that lead to Flashpoint, not the other way round.

Also, the general audience seems to handle reboots and continuity issues a whole lot better than the comic book fandom.
    Actually FLASHPOINT existed as a story before the New 52 reboot was an idea. It was hijacked in the last issue to spin out a reboot .

I think Flashpoint could make for a good movie. I just think it'd be stupid to follow the folly of a new 52 and do a needless reboot as a means to use it to pander to the people who have had daggers for this DCEU from the moment MOS was clearly not going to be more of the Richard Donner style of Superman from moment one frame one of the movie.. there is a lot of hope and excitement from said group since Flashpoint was announced that it would be used to " fix" the DCEU, and Geoff Johns has made it known his affinity for a Donner esque Supes through his comics work, so the fear is there that he'll use it to undo basically all the movies from MOS through JL ( with WW being the exception I guess) in order to fit his personal biases.

I mean from that we have heard, the Superman upon his return in JL will have grown into the " Classic" one people have been supposedly clamoring for ( and I would counter has already been there all along from MOS forward) so it would be stupid to erase it all now.

If you don't want to reference MOS or BvS directly in future movies? Don't. Need to recast Batman Because Ben doesn't want to play it anymore? Just recast. No need to pull a stupid deage retcon just because.The audience has seen Batman recast numerous times . Just keep moving forward. Tell new stories. Use the previous movies if you wish or not.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If Flashpoint happens, it will only tweak things slightly so future directors and writers aren't stuck with creative decision that didn't really work, such as having Wonder Woman abandon humanity after Steve's death.

If Warner Bros wants to attract great creators, it's best to give them more freedom.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Flashpoint happens, it will only tweak things slightly so future directors and writers aren't stuck with creative decision that didn't really work, such as having Wonder Woman abandon humanity after Steve's death.

If Warner Bros wants to attract great creators, it's best to give them more freedom.
    The abandoning humanity line was such a throw-away-thing that fans kept blowing up because they take everything literal. It could have been just a jab as easily.

BANNED

Actually FLASHPOINT existed as a story before the New 52 reboot was an idea. It was hijacked in the last issue to spin out a reboot.
    Okay, technically the idea of Flashpoint must have existed pretty much since Johns started his second Flash run.
    But Flashpoint and the New 52 are not related. There is no cause/effect relationship between the stories in the real world.

I think Flashpoint could make for a good movie.
    Only if they change the ending and allow Barry to save his parents.

Just had a conversation with someone who saw JL, apparently Whedon reshot almost all of Henry Cavill’s scenes as Superman. Snyder had a much different vision for the character than what ended up on screen.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Just had a conversation with someone who saw JL, apparently Whedon reshot almost all of Henry Cavill’s scenes as Superman. Snyder had a much different vision for the character than what ended up on screen.
    Reshoots for Superman fits what that film tech redditor said. Though I can't imagine a huge tonal difference since Superman was supposed to come back triumphant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Reshoots for Superman fits what that film tech redditor said. Though I can't imagine a huge tonal difference since Superman was supposed to come back triumphant.
    I think the big difference was Snyder probably milked the "will Superman go bad like in Batman's nightmare in BvS?" Angle a little more. From what I've gleaned there's only a brief scene that aludes to the " bad Superman" stuff when he first returns, but it's an afterthought. Which honestly I'm fine with. My only real fear of JL was that they'd make Supes an advesary of the league upon his return and only have him come to his senses in the final fight. I want Cav-El to be the guy at the end of MOS.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think the big difference was Snyder probably milked the "will Superman go bad like in Batman's nightmare in BvS?" Angle a little more. From what I've gleaned there's only a brief scene that aludes to the " bad Superman" stuff when he first returns, but it's an afterthought. Which honestly I'm fine with. My only real fear of JL was that they'd make Supes an advesary of the league upon his return and only have him come to his senses in the final fight. I want Cav-El to be the guy at the end of MOS.
    I think that makes sense. Lingering too much on whether he's bad could work if he has enough overall screen time, but it shouldn't consist of most of it.

What I was told was that Superman was an antagonist until the very last scene in the Snyder version. Whedon changed all of that, he’s now much closer to the classic Christopher Reeve Superman. Cavill has cgi alterations to his face to erase facial hair in all but one scene.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

What do. you guys think of this:

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-g...ratner-is-out/

Gal Gadot is threatening to quit the DCEU if Warner Bros. doesn't fire Brett Rather. I applaud her.

Spoiler: It's going to work, too.