Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The new Batman movie being developed by Matt Reeves (War for the Planet of the Apes) is “something I’m contemplating,” says Affleck, who originally was tapped to direct. “You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oes/856019001/
    Well, good riddance. I like Affleck's Batman but if he doesn't want to play the character anymore, that's his decision. I never thought he would be Hugh Jackman or RDJ but I didn't think he'd want to be done with the role so quickly either. And he said it a few days before JL hits. Clearly the guy doesn't care. Maybe now they can start looking for someone who'd actually be dedicated to playing the character for an extended period of time.

Mighty Member

'Wonder Woman 2' Release Date Pushed Up

The sequel to Wonder Woman is arriving in theaters even sooner than expected.

Warner Bros. has moved the released of Wonder Woman 2 up by six weeks, from December 13, 2019, to November 1, 2019.
    Source

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Source
    Should stay a summer movie imo

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Source
    To be expected once Disney dropped a Star Wars movie into that month.

I do agreen with HandofPrometheus, though. Wonder Woman is probably a better Summer movie. But we'll see.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Meh, Thor has already brought in most of its money. Coco? I doubt it'll hurt JL at all. If the movie gets GOOD WOM, competition won't hurt it too much. Remember a movie called Wonder Woman? Basically, destroyed ALL competition.
    WW wasn't Snyder or have all the problems in production JL has had also WW opened only with Captain Underpants in it's first week. It bet The Mummy when it opened the following week which was a failure of a film. Then WW lost the top spot the following week to Pixar's Cars 3. Justice League will make money but losing the top spot that early isn't good because it stops momentum and Coco could do that. WW and Spider-Man Homecoming did slow burns during the summer slowly taking in more and more money but JL has only till December 15 IMO because Last Jedi will probably kill all it's remaining business. Which isn't good given it's reported to have a 300 million dollar budget and once you add marketing and advertising and the theater take this film has to make a lot just to break even.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 11-13-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    WW wasn't Snyder or have all the problems in production JL has had also WW opened only with Captain Underpants in it's first week. It bet The Mummy when it opened the following week which was a failure of a film. Then WW lost the top spot the following week to Pixar's Cars 3. Justice League will make money but losing the top spot that early isn't good because it stops momentum and Coco could do that. WW and Spider-Man Homecoming did slow burns during the summer slowly taking in more and more money but JL has only till December 15 IMO because Last Jedi will probably kill all it's remaining business. Which isn't good given it's reported to have a 300 million dollar budget and once you add marketing and advertising and the theater take this film has to make a lot just to break even.
    Yeah especially since WB needs this thing to bring in over $900 mil to be considered a success. It’s really scary that it won’t even get a full week to itself.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    To be expected once Disney dropped a Star Wars movie into that month.

I do agreen with HandofPrometheus, though. Wonder Woman is probably a better Summer movie. But we'll see.
    They must be confident JL will do well in November then!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah especially since WB needs this thing to bring in over $900 mil to be considered a success. It’s really scary that it won’t even get a full week to itself.
    You guys are worrying for no reason, this isn't the summer. The last thanksgiving Pixar film did luke warm and besides Coco won't be released everywhere internationally. Coco has less appeal than a dinosaur too, given a choice I'm sure most kids will pick JL over Coco.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The new Batman movie being developed by Matt Reeves (War for the Planet of the Apes) is “something I’m contemplating,” says Affleck, who originally was tapped to direct. “You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oes/856019001/
    Trying to stay optimistic. He's staying non-committal and probably careful given the atmosphere in Hollywood right now. Just give us the solo and JL 2 PLEASE.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    You guys are worrying for no reason, this isn't the summer. The last thanksgiving Pixar film did luke warm and besides Coco won't be released everywhere internationally. Coco has less appeal than a dinosaur too, given a choice I'm sure most kids will pick JL over Coco.
    Coco is doing great with reviews and I have a feeling this movie is really going to take off and do phenominal. Still seeing this movie friday morning but we shoudln’t count coco out just because how the dinosuar pixar movie did.

So the story wasn't true, it makes sense actually. Gal already likely renewed her contract once WW became a giant success and even if she did want out she would probably be obligated to appear due to contract. I'm still gonna side eye some of her comments on all the harassment allegations happening though.

And it got bumped up to November 1st.
    Last edited by Troian; 11-13-2017 at 02:39 PM.

BANNED

I really think Dick Grayson should be the DCEU Batman. It's either that or they just reboot/retcon. I say introduce Dick in Nightwing and have a sequel to the Ben Affleck solo Batman with Batfleck passing down the torch.

So Ben Affleck stars in BvS, JL, the Batman, JL 2, and the Batman 2 with Dick Grayson taking the cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Coco is doing great with reviews and I have a feeling this movie is really going to take off and do phenominal. Still seeing this movie friday morning but we shoudln’t count coco out just because how the dinosuar pixar movie did.
    Reviews for kids movies don't matter much though it's always about appeal, why else do film sequels like "The nutjob 2" exists?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    So the story wasn't true, it makes sense actually. Gal already likely renewed her contract once WW became a giant success and even if she did want out she would probably be obligated to appear due to contract. I'm still gonna side eye some of her comments on all the harassment allegations happening though.

And it got bumped up to November 1st.
    Yeah I understand ratpac dune was always the financing arm and never had producing credits, would be very silly for gal to fuss over someone who is so far away in the background.

I wonder how they'll deal with Ben leaving the role...(Cough)Flashpoint(Cough).