Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    My torture is prolooonged
    Hang in there.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

well, there are about more than ten fan screening tonight, so that shouldn't even be a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    My torture is prolooonged
    Bwhahahaha!!!!

Im going to laugh at your pain to distract myself from the fact that Im starting to get a little excited about this movie and the next week is gonna feel awfully long.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Just home from the screening in Houston. Before I give my reaction let me let you know a little bit about where I was coming from, what my tastes have been in the past, so you know how to take my comments...

I liked Wonder Woman a lot. I disliked Man of Steel, I hated Batman v Superman, I thought Suicide Squad was a silly trifle of a failure.

To be fair to the directors of these films my hopes are set so high for them it's almost impossible for them to meet my expectations. And so it is that, though I am a DC-only fan that has always bought at least 10-20 DC titles each Wednesday without fail for over 40 years (I'm 48). And while I love Batman enough that it's a nickname a lot of friends use for me and a lot of friends buy me gifts to do with Batman because they're so sure he's my favorite.

But no single character is my favorite. My favorite has always been the Justice League.

My hopes have been so high for these movies (the DC ones - I watch some of the Marvel ones but I don't care about them - I care an unhealthy much about the DC ones) that the following is literally true. Of every DC movie ever made I've only walked out of six of them in the past that I was satisfied with and only two that I was wholly satisfied with. I was wholly satisfied by Superman: The Movie and Superman II. And I guess the best way to peg my feelings about Wonder Woman is that I was never disappointed by it. That's saying a LOT for me. As I've copped to, I'm impossible to please. The three Nolan Batman movies were also all movies I loved but apart from Heath Ledger's Joker (the best portrayal of any DC character in live-action ever and I don't think Ledger can be surpassed that way) I had some misgivings.

So that's where I'm coming from so you know how to take any comments I might make about the movie if I'm asked about it by anyone here. I will not spoil anything and I'll err on the side of extreme caution that way. Not because I care about any embargo but because I care about you all having the best experience with it as you can.

Refresher: I'm impossible to please, I typically really dislike Snyder's superhero movies and his philosophy (such as it is) toward them, and no property from DC or anyone else matters more to me than JUSTICE LEAGUE. Since I was a small child and I'm 48.

So before I open this up to an AMA if anyone has questions for me (I won't spoil publicly or by PM so no reason to PM) I'll give you my most basic reaction.

I FREAKING LOVED IT. UNRESERVEDLY.

And what a relief that is! So AMA.

I cannot wait to see this movie again. I'm almost sure it's my favorite comic book movie ever.

[Edit to remove profane word inspired by my excitement.]
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 11-13-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Just home from the screening in Houston. Before I give my reaction let me let you know a little bit about where I was coming from, what my tastes have been in the past, so you know how to take my comments...

I liked Wonder Woman a lot. I disliked Man of Steel, I hated Batman v Superman, I thought Suicide Squad was a silly trifle of a failure.

To be fair to the directors of these films my hopes are set so high for them it's almost impossible for them to meet my expectations. And so it is that, though I am a DC-only fan that has always bought at least 10-20 DC titles each Wednesday without fail for over 40 years (I'm 48). And while I love Batman enough that it's a nickname a lot of friends use for me and a lot of friends buy me gifts to do with Batman because they're so sure he's my favorite.

But no single character is my favorite. My favorite has always been the Justice League.

My hopes have been so high for these movies (the DC ones - I watch some of the Marvel ones but I don't care about them - I care an unhealthy much about the DC ones) that the following is literally true. Of every DC movie ever made I've only walked out of six of them in the past that I was satisfied with and only two that I was wholly satisfied with. I was wholly satisfied by Superman: The Movie and Superman II. And I guess the best way to peg my feelings about Wonder Woman is that I was never disappointed by it. That's saying a LOT for me. As I've copped to, I'm impossible to please. The three Nolan Batman movies were also all movies I loved but apart from Heath Ledger's Joker (the best portrayal of any DC character in live-action ever and I don't think Ledger can be surpassed that way) I had some misgivings.

So that's where I'm coming from so you know how to take any comments I might make about the movie if I'm asked about it by anyone here. I will not spoil anything and I'll err on the side of extreme caution that way. Not because I care about any embargo but because I care about you all having the best experience with it as you can.

Refresher: I'm impossible to please, I typically really dislike Snyder's superhero movies and his philosophy (such as it is) toward them, and no property from DC or anyone else matters more to me than JUSTICE LEAGUE. Since I was a small child and I'm 48.

So before I open this up to an AMA if anyone has questions for me (I won't spoil publicly or by PM so no reason to PM) I'll give you my most basic reaction. And please forgive the language. Some things, as Biden famously demonstrated, really are a "BFD.

I FUCKING LOVED IT. UNRESERVEDLY.

I cannot wait to see this movie again. I'm almost sure it's my favorite comic book movie ever.
    Really good to hear man. I remember you were one of the people who full-on shared my opinion of BvS so I'm glad that it seems to be much better

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I know this must be a beating a dead horse question but why did they ever cast a guy as old as ben to play batman.it was always a mistake.

bale was in his late 20s during batman begins.
    Just back from advance screening. Affleck was the best live-action Batman ever. The casting on this (great) film is really amazing.

BANNED

Just back from advance screening. Affleck was the best live-action Batman ever. The casting on this (great) film is really amazing.
    Oh god you liked it. I know we agree on some things (Apparently we both have lots of ideas for what we'd do if we could write The Geek) but this does not bode well.

EDIT: Actually, looking again, our opinions on every other DCEU film match up. Maybe this is one area where we see eye to eye.
    Last edited by Assam; 11-13-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

So before I open this up to an AMA if anyone has questions for me (I won't spoil publicly or by PM so no reason to PM) I'll give you my most basic reaction. And please forgive the language. Some things, as Biden famously demonstrated, really are a "BFD.

That is great to hear. And I really admire your DC dedication. Ten to twenty titles every Wednesday for 40 years? Damn. I'm almost 34 and have been doing 5-10 since I was 12 and thought my consistency was on another level.

In terms of the film, will Superman fans be overjoyed? And as impossible as it is to predict, do you think the film will be "fresh" on RT?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Basing the DCEU Batman on the Miller Batman was a terrible mistake.
    I do agree with this. But I can't imagine anyone but Affleck doing it now that I've seen his Batman in JL. It's just perfect. Most comics-accurate and most fun portrayal of Batman (or as I saw someone say "most 'Batman' Batman") in live action to date.

When I saw this movie I had the distinct feeling that I was seeing Batman from the comics in live action for the first time. That's quite a feat considering the great actors that have played him in the past.

But this movie isn't trying to prove that everything had a real-world, grounded explanation (as Nolan's did); and it isn't style over substance as nearly every Burton movie is; this was Batman REALLY being Batman.

It's impossible to really get across how true this is of all six members of the team but you'll know it when you see it, I think.

And Henry Cavill (finally) IS Superman.

The same's true of the rest of the cast. They get what makes these characters tick and it's the best thing about the movie.

BANNED

And Henry Cavill (finally) IS Superman.
    Legends of Tomorrow has convinced me that Brandon Routh could have been the greatest Superman ever if he'd been given anything at all to work with. That said, I've always seen potential in Cavill as well so hopefully it has been tapped here.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Wow. I remember you and I butting heads many a time over BvS, so an endorsement from you is definitely no small thing. I swear, sometimes, I would see your comments on BvS and I was almost certain you were just exaggerating as a form of trolling.

Glad you liked it. Now I'm more eager than ever to see it on Friday!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Really good to hear man. I remember you were one of the people who full-on shared my opinion of BvS so I'm glad that it seems to be much better
    I do worry a little that I'm getting people's hopes too high and that they might be disappointed as a result.

This is purely MY opinion. The reasons I put all the personal background in there were threefold: I wanted people to be able to read my take in context, I wanted people to understand that my reaction was HIGHLY unlikely in its positivity, and I wanted to emphasize that these are only my opinions and may not be widely shared.

I hope you have even half the enthusiasm for it that I did. Can't wait to read your response to the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Oh god you liked it. I know we agree on some things (Apparently we both have lots of ideas for what we'd do if we could write The Geek) but this does not bode well.

EDIT: Actually, looking again, our opinions on every other DCEU film match up. Maybe this is one area where we see eye to eye.
    I hope it is because I hope you'll get to enjoy it as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    That is great to hear. And I really admire your DC dedication. Ten to twenty titles every Wednesday for 40 years? Damn. I'm almost 34 and have been doing 5-10 since I was 12 and thought my consistency was on another level.

In terms of the film, will Superman fans be overjoyed? And as impossible as it is to predict, do you think the film will be "fresh" on RT?
    That's some pretty serious dedication. It's great to chat with the dedicated fans on this forum. It's the best forum out there for that of which I'm aware.

WRT your Superman/RT questions I would say the answers are YES and YES.

I am a huge Superman fan and was bored and bummed out by MoS and I really hated BvS but not for any of the pat reasons that lovers of the film ascribe to haters of the film.

For me, this was Superman and it made me so freaking happy.