More than some other reviews I've read, The EW review seems to get to the point of why the film doesn't appear to work (I haven't seen it yet):

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/15/just...alflow_twitter

It’s obvious to anyone watching Justice League next to the other DC films that the studio brass handed down a mandate to lighten the mood and make things funnier and more Marvel-y. And, to an extent, Justice League accomplishes that. But it also feels like so much attention was paid to the smaller, fizzier character moments that the bigger picture of the film’s overarching plot was a second or third priority. Some day, hopefully soon, DC will get the recipe right again and duplicate Wonder Woman’s storytelling magic. But today isn’t that day, and Justice League unfortunately isn’t that film. C+
    Frankly, it seems like JL has the worst parts of Thor: The Dark World (the villain), The Incredible Hulk (the CGI), and Suicide Squad (inconsistent tone, scenes that feel out of place). Fortunately it seems to be buoyed by the cast who are seemingly being universally praised as having good chemistry.

A final RT score in the 50s or 60s wouldn't surprise me. Average rating will probably end up around a 6.5 out of 10.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    lol, they would call the farts revolutionary and fresh
    It's hyperbole for sure, but not by much.

Again..." Devil's Anus"? Really, Marvel?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I'm not as concerned with the critics because it seems like they've nailed the characters.

If the average moviegoer comes out of this with "Eh, it was okay, Aquaman/Flash movie will be cool though" that's a win for me.

penetrator of things

Haven't seen it yet, but tbh, from the reviews, it sounds like Warner Brothers butchered the film with Whedon's reshoots being stitched in. Would have preferred to see the OG Snyder vision.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No the Marvel films are billed as fun entertainment and they deliver that they're not deep and occasionally you get a Winter Soldier. The DCEU films that did badly so far because I won't judge Justice League till it's actually is out had issues outside of the ones listed.

WW did great because it was a well made coherent fun film like the MCU films.

Man of Steel got a 55% on RT and it mostly came down to many people being divided on Snyder's take of the character and critics weren't alone on that so 55% sounds right. As for BvS and Suicide Squad they were messes due to the Studios messing with them. BvS's theatrical cut was a mess and that's thanks to the Studio and with Suicide Squad they allowed a trailer house to make edits that's ridiculous. Sorry BBS the Theatrical Cut and Suicide Squad earned their low ratings and that's thanks to WB.
    Suicide Squad would have been a bad film regardless of how its edited. I know that it is fun to play the 'blame the WB game' but by all means, demonstrate how good editing could have brought that film together.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

You guys are really just mad about people's opinion.

That's what it boils down to. Nothing about bias. If critics liked Ragnarok, let them like it. Talking about they lose credibility. What makes you so above them? Another opinion that's different?

Wonder Woman so far has been the best movie from this because it is the most competent, plain and simple. Like what you like, dislike what you like, but stop this nonsense. It's not gonna solve anything. I despise both versions of BvS but you won't catch me ever saying someone loses credibility because they like it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm convinced if WW was the exact same movie, but if the credit was " directed by Zack Snyder", it would have gotten shat on. Don't get me wrong, I loved WW
    But I suspect the main reason the usual suspects were kind to WW was to avoid charges of sexism, but to also establish some cred as being fair so they could provide cover to when it was time to crap on JL.
    Sorry, but I don’t think that’s at all true. Wonder Woman did well with the critics because it was a well made movie with a coherent script and a director with a clear artistic vision for the film. There was no secret political agenda. Movies get good reviews if they’re good and not otherwise. That’s all there is to it.

I guess one could say that Marvel movies, for all their faults, are generally well-constructed movies while DC, with all of WB's editing and cuts, aren't so that their movies' issues, even if they're similar to the faults that the Marvel movies have, are more glaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess one could say that Marvel movies, for all their faults, are generally well-constructed movies while DC, with all of WB's editing and cuts, aren't so that their movies' issues, even if they're similar to the faults that the Marvel movies have, are more glaring.
    Most definitely this. Also, to use Thor as an example, the marvel movies that are well reviewed usually know their strengths and play to them. Like yeah Hela is a totally disposable villain but the movie doesn't spend a lot of time with her because they know Thor,Hulk,Valkyrie,Loki and pals mucking it up on planet Goldblum is way more fun.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm hoping going forward the individual movies take risks (more likely with the lesser known iconic characters) and that the collective franchise has enough pull. Seems to work for the Avengers. Staying away from reviews for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    You guys are really just mad about people's opinion.

That's what it boils down to. Nothing about bias. If critics liked Ragnarok, let them like it. Talking about they lose credibility. What makes you so above them? Another opinion that's different?

Wonder Woman so far has been the best movie from this because it is the most competent, plain and simple. Like what you like, dislike what you like, but stop this nonsense. It's not gonna solve anything. I despise both versions of BvS but you won't catch me ever saying someone loses credibility because they like it.
    There are pre-conceived notions and different inconsistent standards to which DC movies and characters are held. This is plain in the reviews of certain critiques, obviously not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Sorry, but I don’t think that’s at all true. Wonder Woman did well with the critics because it was a well made movie with a coherent script and a director with a clear artistic vision for the film. There was no secret political agenda. Movies get good reviews if they’re good and not otherwise. That’s all there is to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nah you two are making too much sense. Critics are wrong and biased the moment you disagree with them.

Am I disappointed in this? All the way. But it's like people have already made up to like this movie no matter what. Yes critics shouldn't be the be all end all on how you judge a movie, but this is getting ridiculous. Every DCEU movie aside from WW and SS has people the same thing. Isn't madness doing the same thing and expecting different results?

lol, so we are not allowed to not being agree with the critics

Stop being obsessed wit these guys , we are comic fans, lest judge a movie by ourselves And stop treat RT as something sacred

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    There are pre-conceived notions and different inconsistent standards to which DC movies and characters are held. This is plain in the reviews of certain critiques, obviously not all.
    This is not the same thing as having a bias towards Marvel. This is the problem WB brought upon themselves by hiring a guy who cares about deconstruction more than construction. The DC characters are far more iconic than the MCU characters and yes, there are expectations. But another thing you need to realise that movies like MoS and BvS have objectively bad problems. You can like the ideas that both movies have, but that's doesn't mean you should ignore those problems. That's why these movies get negative reception and those expectations are pointed out. Personally I didn't think MoS needed such dour moments (and I was SO HYPED for that movie), and BvS needed a bit more of a contrast between Batman and Superman. But that's just my opinion.

And it's not like DC are the only ones that go through the same thing. Look at the Spiderman movies after the Raimi ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    lol, so we are not allowed to not being agree with the critics

Stop being obsessed wit these guys , we are comic fans, lest judge a movie by ourselves And stop treat RT as something sacred
    Of course you're allowed. It's this idea of calling them not credible and saying they're biased JUST because you disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is not the same thing as having a bias towards Marvel. This is the problem WB brought upon themselves by hiring a guy who cares about deconstruction more than construction. The DC characters are far more iconic than the MCU characters and yes, there are expectations. But another thing you need to realise that movies like MoS and BvS have objectively bad problems. You can like the ideas that both movies have, but that's doesn't mean you should ignore those problems. That's why these movies get negative reception and those expectations are pointed out. Personally I didn't think MoS needed such dour moments (and I was SO HYPED for that movie), and BvS needed a bit more of a contrast between Batman and Superman. But that's just my opinion.

And it's not like DC are the only ones that go through the same thing. Look at the Spiderman movies after the Raimi ones.

lol, Spidey s on the MCU now, he will be Fresh now.

I will not take these so called critics seriously anymore. after seeing Ragnarok score. A movie called like the norse apocalypse filled with cringey jokes.