Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm not seeing how Whedon could have had an influence on costume design if he only came inwhen the movie was almost finished.
    Exactly.

It's very confusing when you consider there were already teasers showing the amazons before Joss Whedon came in.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Whedon's liking critical tweets of the movie reeks of him being the class suck up obnoxiously raising his hand going " oh! Pick meeee for JL 2!" to the Warner's brass. He's implying that he wouldn't make the same mistakes Snyder would make in regards to a weak cgi villain.

Ultron says hi.

So... Assuming JL does well and a sequel is greenlighted, and Zack decides to step away...Patty Jenkins perhaps? Because I'm pretty sure I don't want Whedon within 100 yards of the script of the next one. Between this and the Grace Randolph video...Yep, off the Whedon train. Wasn't really on it anyway.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-16-2017 at 04:20 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Snyder & Whedon both need to be sent packing at this point.

Mighty Member

Lego Batman > Justice League. Think about that! Hail our buildable toy overlords!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Whedon's liking critical tweets of the movie reeks of him being the class suck up obnoxiously raising his hand going " oh! Pick meeee for JL 2!" to the Warner's brass. He's implying that he wouldn't make the same mistakes Snyder would make in regards to a weak cgi villain.

Ultron says hi.

So... Assuming JL does well and a sequel is greenlighted, and Zack decides to step away...Patty Jenkins perhaps? Because I'm pretty sure I don't want Whedon within 100 yards of the script of the next one. Between this and the Grace Randolph video...Yep, off the Whedon train. Wasn't really on it anyway.
    I'd be fine with Jenkins on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Lego Batman > Justice League. Think about that! Hail our buildable toy overlords!
    Jokey kid's film is as popular as Logan and Wonder Woman and more-so than Batman Begins? Says it all really.
    Last edited by Lightning Rider; 11-16-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Mighty Member

At least BvS prepared us for this event. I was already drunk before I saw the score! Thanks BvS!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    How do you know that studio interference didn't salvage whatever that remained of Snyder's films? so far people have liked the character dynamics and hated the villains while being lukeworm to the plot. We know for a fact that credit for the former goes to Whedon while the latter is all Snyder. Snyder's incompetence necessitates studio interference. The real blunder committed by WB was bringing Snyder back for BVS and then JL.

I feel like crying.
    WB allowed Snyder to make BvS a three-hour movie THEN, at the eleventh hour, they made him cut half an hour off. Since we've seen the Extended Cut of the film getting universally higher critical and fan acclaim, it goes without saying that WB effed up royally there. Snyder can only be considered at fault if he got to decide which scenes were cut and which ones weren't. It's never been made clear who actually made those calls.

JL? The studio, ONCE AGAIN, ordered forty minutes cut from the movie. Considering what happened with BvS, I'm just about ready to bet folding money that those forty minutes would've made a TON of difference with fans and critics alike.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I seriously don't have the stamina to debate how well motivations are laid out in a film with someone who apparently couldn't hear key lines in a movie and missed who knows what else and has only watched it once.

I'm not calling people stupid for not liking a movie, I'm calling them stupid for not being able to grasp something they're beat over the head with. A reviewer saying he couldn't figure out why they were fighting is either lying, fell asleep, or genuinely has problems with their perception.

If you think Iron Man 3 and Ant-Man are better than BvS, like many of the critics, I can't control your opinion and your entitled to dislike it. But I'm not going to pretend I don't think choppy pacing or editing in a thematically rich film should be held to a different standard to mediocre uninspiring action-comedies just because they're told in a straight-forward order and have jokes in them. And there are reviewers who specifically reveal those biases in their reviews.
    That’s the thing. Most people don’t think BvS is a thematically rich film. Or even a well made film. I’ve sat through it twice and have wanted to fall asleep both times. And believe it or not, people have legitimate reasons for not liking the movie. Pretending as if anyone who didn’t like it either has retention problems or couldn’t follow along is burying your head in the sand. But more importantly, ignoring these problems helps perpetuate them. And it’s gotten to the point where many are willing any DC film or now have a bad perception of DC characters.

We, as fans, need to demand higher quality. I want the DCEU to succeed, but that’s not going to happen if they continue down their current track.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-16-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    BvS is anything but clear? I guess it wasn't if you really wanted to not understand it. My wife is by no mean a comic book reader and she had no trouble at all understanding Lex motivation or plan. My dad is in the same boat and he understood the movie very well. Actually, most people I've talked with about Bvs understood it.

If you get lost so easily, like you put it, it may not be the movie's fault.
    And everyone I’ve talked to (all my friends, coworkers, etc.) have said that the movie was a slog to get through. And, it would seem the critics agree with me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I can get not liking the direction of the movie, but the UE is quite easy to follow. You didn't get what was going on because either you didn't want to, or you just can't follow movies with multiple moving parts.
    Never seen the UE and have no interest to. But I doubt the people whose job it is to review movies are somehow unable to follow along with a movie with multiple moving parts. But sure, I’m the one at fault for not liking a film almost universally hated by critics. [/sarcasm]

What’s more likely? That all these critics have some sort of conspiratorial prejudice against DC? Or that it’s just not as good of a movie as you wish it were?

Either way, that is all I have to say on the issue.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-16-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    And everyone I’ve talked to (all my friends, coworkers, etc.) have said that the movie was a slog to get through. And, it would seem the critics agree with me.
    The problem was Lex in BvS had too many motives to hate Superman God issues, Daddy issues, simply fearing his power and it's potential and it made him a mess not complex because he was all over the map and never focused he'd jump from reason to reason and it was confusing to many people. It also didn't help he was played like Jim Carrey's Riddler with tics.

But I'm not arguing about whether people thought the movie was a slog or not. I'm arguing about you not understanding the movie. You're avoiding giving a true answer. Which is your right anyway.

Never seen the UE and have no interest to. But I doubt the people whose job it is to review movies are somehow unable to follow along with a movie with multiple moving parts. But sure, I’m the one at fault for not liking a film almost universally hated by critics. [/sarcasm]

What’s more likely? That all these critics have some sort of conspiratorial prejudice against DC? Or that it’s just not as good of a movie as you wish it were?

Either way, that is all I have to say on the issue.
    Once again, you're purposely not really answering what he's saying. He's not saying you're wrong not to like the movie. You have the right not to, and it seems you feel that having most critics be on your side makes you right, so good for you.

But saying the critics hated the movies has nothing to do with you willingly making no effort a story that most of us understood apparently.

Mighty Member

WILL AFFLECK CONTINUE BEING BATMAN? Can the DCEU survive without Batman? Will we have a reboot this decade?

The next months will be so exciting!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Once again, you're purposely not really answering what he's saying. He's not saying you're wrong not to like the movie. You have the right not to, and it seems you feel that having most critics be on your side makes you right, so good for you.

But saying the critics hated the movies has nothing to do with you willingly making no effort a story that most of us understood apparently.
    I’ve seen it twice. Once in theaters. Once on HBO go. I made the effort.