Mighty Member

What if RT is the villain for JL2? The greatest enemy of the DCEU, more formidable than Darkseid

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    What if RT is the villain for JL2? The greatest enemy of the DCEU, more formidable than Darkseid
    Wonder Woman would be the sole survivor, then she would have to form the JLI

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm not surprised by RT being so hard on JL. Disappointed, but not surprised.

At least it isn't in the 20's like BvS and SS.

It was telling when both of the reviewers in the segments main problem with the movie and DC in general was either it wasn't following the Marvel formula or ( in the case of the guy whose name escapes me ATM) the fact that it's not Bale in the Batsuit and they aren't continuing Nolan's universe.
    The other nitpicks ( bad CGI, weak villain etc) which they call " sins" are in abundance with pretty much every Marvel movie of late...Yet no one calls Marvel out for it, but DC gets pilloried. It's almyost parody level.

I have not seen logan,gotg 2,spideman homecoming and thor 2 yet but i what i from what i read and seen from some reviews and seen so far from trailers is that the villains were not bad,(maybe not great)but not bad and cgi was really good.
    Alot people think the marvel movie villains were done well this year or some were great etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 11-16-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here some recent talk.John has seen the movie.
    Who Matt Reeves Wants As Batman, Is Basmati Blues Culturally Insensitive? The John Campe Show

1:37 poor CGI
    17:42 critics on bad villains
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2-JjnW3w2g

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I have not seen logan,gotg 2,spideman homecoming and thor 2 yet but i what i heard and seen so far from trailers is that villains were not bad,(maybe not great)but not bad and cgi was really good.
    Yeah, I had no problem with any of the CGI in any of those movies

I'm really not the person who should be judging which CGI is good and which is bad .

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully some silver linings from this:

Silver lining 1: Wan’s Aquaman will hopefully still be good since Wan himself is just a good director (love the Conjuring movies) and it seems to be, at least aesthetically, a departure from what we’re seeing here.

Silver lining 2: Some lessons are learned that:

(A) you can’t rush something that should have been organically built up to. I know people here didn’t want to go the Marvel route of solo movies first, team movie second, but that’s exactly what they should have done. You can’t rush this stuff, which is exactly what they did and that’s part of why it’s not working; and

(B) this whole New 52 style, edgy DCEU isn’t working. They tried it. People don’t like it. Wonder Woman embraced classic attributes of the character and Jenkins herself said that Donner’s Superman was one of her influences. Can’t help but think that that helped make the movie as good as it was. The DCEU needs a Rebirth.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-16-2017 at 11:51 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

(B) this whole New 52 style, edgy DCEU isn’t working. They tried it. People don’t like it. Wonder Woman embraced classic attributes of the character and Jenkins herself said that Donner’s Superman was one of her influences. Can’t help but think that that helped make the movie as good as it was. The DCEU needs a Rebirth.
    Donner's SUPERMAN very blatantly influenced SUPERMAN RETURNS, and the results did not set the world on fire.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    why people put so much stock in RT I'll never know. I've never been one to follow the crowd
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    why people put so much stock in RT I'll never know. I've never been one to follow the crowd
    I just kind of laugh when commercials actually bring up a movie's Rotten Tomatoes score now. It just seems so silly .

(A) you can’t rush something that should have been organically built up to. I know people here didn’t want to go the Marvel route of solo movies first, team movie second, but that’s exactly what they should have done. You can’t rush this stuff, which is exactly what they did and that’s part of why it’s not working; and
    I disagree with this. People know the Justice League Characters more than they did the Avengers Characters. They could have easily done the reverse with a Stand alone JL Movie then break out with the solo movies.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Donner's SUPERMAN very blatantly influenced SUPERMAN RETURNS, and the results did not set the world on fire.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Even Superman Returns was better than the current state of the DCEU. It’s not the best Superman movie, but it’s still passable as such. I didn’t mind Man of Steel, but yes I think we need to have a more hopeful, colorful, and inspirational Superman movie. One that embraces traditional Superman mythos in all of its hokey glory and doesn’t try and put an edgy spin on it just because. It should also follow a more traditional story structure. Henry Cavill is a fine Superman but the films he appears in need to start being better.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-16-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I disagree with this. People know the Justice League Characters more than they did the Avengers Characters. They could have easily done the reverse with a Stand alone JL Movie then break out with the solo movies.
    People are not more familiar with Flash or Green Lantern or Cyborg than they are with Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor. That goes double for Cyborg. They’re familiar with the Trinity and they might have gotten away with not doing a Superman or Batman movie before JL, but they shouldn’t have jumped to JL without doing one for Barry or Victor. Yet that’s what they did, making a Superman movie, a Superman/Batman movie and a Wonder Woman movie and skipping everyone else. Though that last one was worth it.

Cyborg especially because he doesn’t have any solo recognition. Most people know him from the Teen Titans cartoon. So their insistence that he be on the League should have been accompanied with proper investment in making him a solo property. No guarantee it would have worked but still.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-16-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Even Superman Returns was better than the current state of the DCEU. It’s not the best Superman movie, but it’s still passable as such. I didn’t mind Man of Steel, but yes I think we need to have a more hopeful and inspirational Superman movie. Henry Cavill is a fine Superman but the films he appears in need to start being better.
    Superman Returns was not better. It was uninspired, resting almost purely on nostalgia, and took the character nowhere new. In fact it arguably harmed the character by steeping him in the same tropes and refusing to delve into the many ways the character lives in the pages of the comics. If it takes some rotten scores to expand these characters beyond what the 70's and 80's had to offer then I'm all for that.

Review.. justice league brings some light into dc extended-universe.

https://www.newsarama.com/37388-revi...-universe.html

Better than Man of Steel and Bat vs Sup.. This is something.... Now we need a really good 2nd part..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.