Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yeah, but not free reign on what was the direction it ultimately went in.. WB wanted Superman to die, so Zack used Doomsday, the thing that killed Supes. If WB doesn't tell him to kill Supes, that doesn't happen.
    This is completely false. Snyder said in an interview with Colider that killing Superman was his idea. Warner’s was somewhat surprised by the idea but ultimately let Snyder off Supes.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This is completely false. Snyder said in an interview with Colider that killing Superman was his idea. Warner’s was somewhat surprised by the idea but ultimately let Snyder off Supes.
    Which interview? Because I've yet to hear that, but it's known that WB wanted to kill Superman in a movie for years.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

A trailer that still gives me goosebumps to this day!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

A trailer that still gives me goosebumps to this day!
    Yes, but I knew it's going to be a failure since the project was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Yes, but I knew it's going to be a failure since the project was announced.
    3rd highest grossing DC film ever. Spawned a first WW film that everyone loved.

What failure exactly?

Extraordinary Member

What failure exactly?
    Critically. He's talking critically. And he's talking BvS specifically. And people seeing it is not much of an accomplishment if most didn't like what they saw and are therefore unlikely to see any sequels/follow ups. JL is underperforming because of the brand damage done by BvS.

What failure exactly?
    Critics and further setback of DCEU, to make this movie we got no DCEU movies through 2014-15, which could been used for all the solos to setup for JL.

It's not that bad, but definitely NOT what DCEU needed at that time. You don't need such inner conflict between heroes when the universe has just started to buildup and the league hasn't been formed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Critics and further setback of DCEU, to make this movie we got no DCEU movies through 2014-15, which could been used for all the solos to setup for JL.

It's not that bad, but definitely NOT what DCEU needed at that time. You don't need such inner conflict between heroes when the universe has just started to buildup and the league hasn't been formed yet.
    I think it makes more sense for the conflict to come at first meetings, rather than after they are friends later on. That’s just me, though.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I think it makes more sense for the conflict to come at first meetings, rather than after they are friends later on. That’s just me, though.
    Some conflict? Maybe, but setting it as a main struggle, let Batman want to kill Superman? No thanks.

Remember movie isn't comics, it has limited screentime to setup, you got to build up such deep conflict then have them fight and turn into friends to fight monsters, that's a lot a lot of stuff and a big chunk of it doesn't help build up the team. BVS suffered from it badly, too much to tell. And even JL is still paying for the price. DCEU needed to mainly focus on build up the team THEN do something else. MCU would fail horribly if they had given us Civil War right after IM1.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

What failure exactly?
    Dude, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Critically. He's talking critically. And he's talking BvS specifically. And people seeing it is not much of an accomplishment if most didn't like what they saw and are therefore unlikely to see any sequels/follow ups. JL is underperforming because of the brand damage done by BvS.
    Breaking news these films aren't for the critics, they were made to get money, home video sales were on par and slightly higher than CA:CW so clearly the rewatchibility didn't faze audiences. Furthermore JL's "underperformance" could to for a multitude of reasons. Brand Damage of BvS? Seems a massive stretch given the fact the following DCEU films did well and WW even had Snyder on credit and his production studio.

Ya'll don't like BvS fine but let's not start calling it a failure when it's clearly as evidenced not.

I'm not saying something like that shouldn't be on screen, but definitely shouldn't be the idea when we only got 1 installment and the Justice League hadn't been built up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Dude, come on.
    At least others gave an actual reply "dude, come on?" What is this twitter? If you're gonna bother posting give a decent reply back yeash.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post

It made most of its domestic gross (even if just barely) on opening weekend, which is extremely unusual for big blockbusters. What that means is once people actually started seeing the movie, interest went down. It is one of only two major superhero movie that made 50% of its total domestic on opening weekend. The other is Watchmen.

Out of all the movies that had an opening weekend of more than 150 million, Batman v. Superman ranks as the lowest earner in total domestic gross.

Out of all movies that opened to at least 150 million domestically, it's one of the few that weren't able to reach a billion worldwide. The others were, Catching Fire, Spider-Man 3, and the Hunger Games. Two of those aren't that popular overseas, and the other came out ten years ago, before the international markets had expanded.

There are dozens of movies that opened lower than Batman v. Superman and went to gross more domestically. There are none that opened higher than it and grossed less.

It had the second biggest second weekend drop for a major superhero movie. The first is Ang Lee's Hulk.

It has one of the worst multipliers ever for a superhero movie. Batman & Robin, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, and Superman III all had better multipliers.

While Batman v. Superman grossed a respectable amount, the warning signs were there that the movie that had to follow its narrative was going to take a hit.
    These facts are worth repeating for those who want to post BvS sales numbers as a measure of success. You also have to take these numbers into account. All of which lead to JL's opening weekend.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Dude, come on.
    There are five specific posters here who are vigilant BvS defenders... there is no getting through to them. The amount of spin is ridiculous. I'm one of the people who actually liked BvS enough. The worship from some is mind boggling.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 11-22-2017 at 03:13 PM.