Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    How did it become 300M? I don't see the fighting and special effect being better than MoS.
    All the reshoots drove up the cost. Not to mention a lot of the effects laden scenes ended up on the editing room floor.

But JL will still turn profit once it hits home video and other ancillary markets. A WB exec said it needed to hit 600M worldwide in its theatrical run to make profit. It will do that much at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    All the reshoots drove up the cost. Not to mention a lot of the effects laden scenes ended up on the editing room floor.

But JL will still turn profit once it hits home video and other ancillary markets. A WB exec said it needed to hit 600M worldwide in its theatrical run to make profit. It will do that much at the very least.
    Reshoot is a bad idea.

How did it become 300M? I don't see the fighting and special effect being better than MoS.
    I enjoyed the movie but the cgi was horrible. Obviously Cavill’s upper lip is just laughable and ruins some of his scenes. And Steppenwolf’s design was super generic. I have no idea how the budget ballooned to $300 million. Even with the $25 million for reshoot that still means a $275 million budget. Still way too high.

Astonishing Member

I am actually interested in the Snyder version lol

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's like Christmas!

lol. This jonathan thing is part of the fans being zealst. Poster Ekrolo2 menttioned that if itb was an X men, everyone would understand Jonathan. I will not defend WB but i will not defend the zealots either, sometimes i feel Superman fandom isone of his biggest problems , they seme to want an archetype , not an actual character with struggles.
    WB screwed it, but they screwed it because they panicked, and they panicked because MOS, an actually decent origin film, was divisive. Most of the things in the film that are seen as some heresy are part of a legit take on a character with 80 years of life
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; 11-24-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I enjoyed the movie but the cgi was horrible. Obviously Cavill’s upper lip is just laughable and ruins some of his scenes. And Steppenwolf’s design was super generic. I have no idea how the budget ballooned to $300 million. Even with the $25 million for reshoot that still means a $275 million budget. Still way too high.
    Going by the glimpses of scenes edited out: Cyborg discovering the extent of the powers, Barry saving Iris etc. you know those weren't cheap. All that just to, at best, end up on the Extra Features section of home video release? Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    lol. This jonathan thing is part of the fans being zealst. Poster Ekrolo2 menttioned that if itb was an X men, everyone would understand Jonathan. I will not defend WB but i will not defend the zealots either, sometimes i feel Superman fandom isone of his biggest problems , they seme to want an archetype , not an actual character with struggles.
    WB screwed it, but they screwed it because they panicked, and they panicked because MOS, an actually decent origin film, was divisive. Most of the things in the film that are seen as some heresy are part of a legit take on a character with 80 years of life
    But this is not X-Men, this is a Superman movie. X-Men is cool but its style doesn't fit every superhero. Even in X-Men, what kind of ppl would think about leaving a bus full of kids to die? I don't think Xavier would ever think about it. Even Wolverine would go save them.

Astonishing Member

But this is not X-Men, this is a Superman movie. X-Men is cool but its style doesn't fit every superhero. Even in X-Men, what kind of ppl would think about leaving a bus full of kids to die? I don't think Xavier would ever think about it. Even Wolverine would go save them.
    I think Snyder's goal was to deconstruct superman for a post 911 world. Probably did it a little clumsy but I do get what he was trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think Snyder's goal was to deconstruct superman for a post 911 world. Probably did it a little clumsy but I do get what he was trying to do.
    Mainstream Superhero is ideal and unrealistic, why shoot a Superhero movie, especially a Superman movie if you want to go such way? Singer flopped because there was no action scene in SR plus quite a few problems, but he at least understand you can't shoot a Superman movie like you've done X-Men.

911 was a national disaster, but in the comic big buildings are being destroyed everyday, see the huge gap and difference here?

Astonishing Member

Mainstream Superhero is ideal and unrealistic, why shoot a Superhero movie, especially a Superman movie if you want to go such way? Singer flopped because there was no action scene in SR plus quite a few problems, but he at least understand you can't shoot a Superman movie like you've done X-Men.

911 was a national disaster, but in the comic big buildings are being destroyed everyday, see the huge gap and difference here?
    Yea. What I mean by a post 911 world is everything is not ra ra truth justice American way eat your wheaties. Hollywood did similar things with westerners and war movies in the 70s and 80s.

Yea. What I mean by a post 911 world is everything is not ra ra truth justice American way eat your wheaties. Hollywood did similar things with westerners and war movies in the 70s and 80s.

The old Spiderman movies were so successful in the post 911 years. Did it turn Uncle Ben into some selfish guy who said "Forget about responsibility, protect yourself!"? No! The world is dark so the heroes need to become the beacon in the dark night, not to go down with it. And the role model of the hero needs to do the same.

If Lara was also put into the Phantom Zone, she would have survived!
    With Zod the man who'd already killed her husband? Unlikely

Uncle Ben pretty much played similar role to Peter like Jonathan Kent to Clark. Glad Rami didn't go with the "I just want to protect my Peter, should others die? Maybe" way with Uncle Ben.

Astonishing Member

The old Spiderman movies were so successful in the post 911 years. Did it turn Uncle Ben into some selfish guy who said "Forget about responsibility, protect yourself!"? No! The world is dark so the heroes need to become the beacon in the dark night, not to go down with it. And the role model of the hero needs to do the same.
    Oh I dont disagree. Just telling u what Snyder was attempting. Still people to this day who love old John Wayne westerns from the 50s to the 70s and 80s pekinpa or Eastwood ones.

Oh I dont disagree. Just telling u what Snyder was attempting. Still people to this day who love old John Wayne westerns from the 50s to the 70s and 80s pekinpa or Eastwood ones.
    There is a big difference between "showing the world isn't so shiny" and "bringing a beacon character to a low level".

I know what Snyder was trying to do, and I know it's not gonna work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    With Zod the man who'd already killed her husband? Unlikely
    With Krypton gone and Kal El to find, I doubt Zod would kill her.