Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    You know, you’re probably right. I’ll edit my post in a minute. My bad.

Too much bouncing around the boards today, I forget the “no spoiler” in the title, sorry about that.

Edit: The posts have been deleted.
    It's super easy to forget, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Well, they still can.

Aspects of Darkseid:
    - the exchange of children
    - said children, Orion and Scott
    - Highfather
    - the concept of a war between "heaven and hell"
    - Apokolips and New Genesis are outside of time, and the multiverse
    - the Omega Sanction
    - him killing the old gods, and taking their power
    - the Furies
    - Granny Goodness
    - the Anti-Life equation
    - the Black Racer
    - Grail

These are all things that make Darkseid different, from Thanos. Not just that tho, as you've gotta make the New Gods both epic on a biblical scale, but also very psychological. Darkseid, Orion, Scott, Barda, Black Racer, and GG are great ways to touch on the psychological implications that Darkseid has on people.

By the time Darkseid faces the league, it should feel like the Rapture on crack, with his hands clasped behind his back, and there's no hope of survival.
    Not really, Darkseid showed up in the beginning of N52 and the animated movie and there wasn't too much problem.

Even without him, I could pick many big names that could be a bigger villain for JL than Steppenwolf.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 11-29-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Not really, Darkseid showed up in the beginning of N52 and the animated series and there wasn't too much problem.

Even without him, I could pick many big names that could be a bigger villain for JL than Steppenwolf.
    The general of the Armies of Apokolips is no joke and the general audience doesn't know him at all. All they had to do was establish him as a powerful badass. They did. He worked.

And Darkseid's appearance in the beginning of the New 52 sucked. It reduced him to a cut-rate Godzilla with none of the depth or strength of the real Darkseid. DC's biggest villain deserves WAY better than that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    So apparently Warner Bros. wanted to fire Snyder after Batman v. Superman and take him off of Justice League but decided against it since they were too far into production.

Sounds awfully familiar but DC didn't get the luck with Whedon that Marvel had

Also means we will more than likely not be receiving any sort of Snyder version if Warner Bros. is ending their connection with him.

My apologies, I didn't notice the post earlier.
    I've been saying this for a while now as someone who liked BvS enough... and also works in the industry. Also that Snyder's attachment would affect JL's reception. Maybe now some people (not you mind you) can admit that WB was NOT happy with BvS's reception. They probably won't because certain posters would rather die than admit being incorrect.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 11-29-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    It's super easy to forget, no worries.
    You seem like you would know, How do you embed videos here? I can never seem to get it to work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The general of the Armies of Apokolips is no joke and the general audience doesn't know him at all. All they had to do was establish him as a powerful badass. They did. He worked.
    Yeah, he "worked" so well that JL is the talk of the town - for all the wrong reasons.

And Darkseid's appearance in the beginning of the New 52 sucked. It reduced him to a cut-rate Godzilla with none of the depth or strength of the real Darkseid. DC's biggest villain deserves WAY better than that.
    Not really, he is joke compare to Brainiac, the White Martians, Mongol and a lot more, including Zod and Doomsday. Why do you pick such a low tier villain that require extra work rather than someone who is already a powerful badass?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Yeah, he "worked" so well that JL is the talk of the town - for all the wrong reasons.
    Funny that he is much weaker than Zod's crew and Doomsday with no better characterization than Doomsday.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Funny that he is much weaker than Zod's crew and Doomsday with no better characterization than Doomsday.
    Steppenwolf could talk. Haha... and he had a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Most people enjoyed the heroes despite the villain.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 11-29-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Steppenwolf 100% didn't work. That's gotta be the worst villian I've seen. I think Purple Space Man from the Avengers movies sucks, but this was like next level. They didn't even "finish" rendering his CG.

A big, loud, animatronic Starro would have elicted more emotion out of me. I want animatronic Starro!

Mighty Member

I guess Berg isn't great with budgeting. It will be interesting to see who gets fired. I have the feeling WB will be very reactionary to the Infinity War trailer. Johns might take some heat for this too.
    https://heroichollywood.com/wb-refus...ustice-league/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I guess Berg isn't great with budgeting. It will be interesting to see who gets fired. I have the feeling WB will be very reactionary to the Infinity War trailer. Johns might take some heat for this too.
    https://heroichollywood.com/wb-refus...ustice-league/
    Id rather have a documentary on the behind the scenes stuff over another Justice League movie at this point. Its about the only thing with a coherent plot DC can conjure up

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    You seem like you would know, How do you embed videos here? I can never seem to get it to work.
    If it's youtube videos, click the blue film icon right next to the speech bubble symbol above the post box. On the far right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    If it's youtube videos, click the blue film icon right next to the speech bubble symbol above the post box. On the far right.
    Thanks. That was weak that I had to ask. Haha,

There are fans who say Darkseid would have helped. But there is an example in Apocalypse from X-Men Apocalypse. Did he work? He is a villain for X-Men just as Darkseid is for Justice League. Did it work?

For audiences Darkseid would be a cg bad just like any other. Thanos appears intimidating because there has been a build up. Someone whose reputation precedes his appearance. And he would have a whole film for him. We know all heroes. The film does not need to spend much time with anyone. One can focus on showing Thanos as he does things which breaks all prior assumptions and makes short work of heroes.

It may not work in the final film. But it appears better. For people in general there is no difference between Darkseid or Steppenwolf. They are similar.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    There are fans who say Darkseid would have helped. But there is an example in Apocalypse from X-Men Apocalypse. Did he work? He is a villain for X-Men just as Darkseid is for Justice League. Did it work?

For audiences Darkseid would be a cg bad just like any other. Thanos appears intimidating because there has been a build up. Someone whose reputation precedes his appearance. And he would have a whole film for him. We know all heroes. The film does not need to spend much time with anyone. One can focus on showing Thanos as he does things which breaks all prior assumptions and makes short work of heroes.

It may not work in the final film. But it appears better. For people in general there is no difference between Darkseid or Steppenwolf. They are similar.
    I liked JL and hated that it wasn't what it could have been. X-Men Apocalypse just wasn't grand enough for Apocalypse plus they made some creative choices that were... well you know. Brian Singer is good with Wolverine action sequences but not necessarily with the other X-Men. It seemed almost CW in quality (I like Flash and Supergirl BTW). They will have to go much bigger to make Dark Phoenix work. I think it was good that Darkseid was not teased... it would have been too similar to the Thanos tease. The critics would have jumped all over it. The Injustice Society may have been a better starting point if BvS's Luthor was better. That is what happens when the foundation isn't strong.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 11-29-2017 at 09:19 PM.