Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The first Wonder Woman film was constantly being bombarded with rumors that it was doomed or going to be a mess, and look how that turned out.

As long as Jenkins is in charge, I'm not too worried. Nobody can predict how these things will turn out based on prior experience. Look at Whedon's track record, and then look at the dumpster fire that is JL. There are far bigger concerns elsewhere in the DCEU.
    I think we have to look at Zack Snyder's record to look at the dumpster fire Justice League is. There is a limited amount of silk that can be made out a sow's ear and no amount of Turtle Wax can polish a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think we have to look at Zack Snyder's record to look at the dumpster fire Justice League is. There is a limited amount of silk that can be made out a sow's ear and no amount of Turtle Wax can polish a turd.
    Snyder's movies, especially BvS were masterpiece compared to the crappy fast-food garbage that Whedon has added to JL. There was no respect from the other movies in JL, no gravity, nothing but fan-wanking at Superman and absolute butchery of what should have been an awesome movie, because of Whedon's involvment...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Snyder's movies, especially BvS were masterpiece compared to the crappy fast-food garbage that Whedon has added to JL. There was no respect from the other movies in JL, no gravity, nothing but fan-wanking at Superman and absolute butchery of what should have been an awesome movie, because of Whedon's involvment...
    Not because of Whedon's involvement. Whedon didn't just walk in one day and started to do reshoots all on his own.
    He was hired by WB because they really, really hared what Snyder had done.

And really, he had an impossible job. It's like being handed a 4+ hours incomplete version of Titanic, and being told to make it a 2+ hour comedy.
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-03-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Given the rush job with the bad new CGI for JL yeah Snyder's films are Masterpieces but that was a low and ironically Whedon's Fan-Wanking and added Levity was what most seemed to enjoy most from the film.

Whedon appeases the masses. Snyder takes great source material and makes good films going back to Dawn of the Dead I've never seen him elevate the source material only come in a distant 2nd because he usually never seems to grasp what made those stories great and only concentrated on making the visuals look "Awesome".

I disagree. Snyder elevate the material all right, he created a compelling and powerful world for the DCEU.... and WB destroyed it with JL and the terrible depiction of the heroes... save for the Superman's wankfest that it was an which was absolutely terrible, destroying everything which had come before. JL was passable at beast, and only because of the few remaining Snyder scenes (such as the battle between Steppenwolf and the Amazons) and certaingly not for the way Whedon handled the characters and usually shat on their arcs (like Flash, whose action to save the Russian was ridiculed by Superman carrying a whole building like that... which was impossible by the way, considering the structure of the thing).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If anybody wants to blame anybody for the film, it's WB for being gutless, not Snyder or Whedon.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Whedon was brought in during a less than ideal situation and WB should never have let JL get off the ground with Snyder. If it had been a Whedon production from start to finish it no doubt would have been coherent and better, and likely more solid than a pure Snyder production. But how much better is a little more iffy. Thirsty Lois and anal probe lady on the TV was unleashed upon the world after all. There's also his leaked WW script, and it looks like we and the character dodged a massive bullet there. No one can fire on all cylinders at all times, and Whedon isn't any different.

So I'm not too worried about this screen writer if Patty picked him herself and if she will be contributing to the script writing process. All the alleged sources that stated the first film would be a mess were BS anyway, so this film series of the DCEU should be the one people spend the least amount of time worrying about.

I disagree. Snyder elevate the material all right, he created a compelling and powerful world for the DCEU.... and WB destroyed it with JL and the terrible depiction of the heroes... save for the Superman's wankfest that it was an which was absolutely terrible, destroying everything which had come before. JL was passable at beast, and only because of the few remaining Snyder scenes (such as the battle between Steppenwolf and the Amazons) and certaingly not for the way Whedon handled the characters and usually shat on their arcs (like Flash, whose action to save the Russian was ridiculed by Superman carrying a whole building like that... which was impossible by the way, considering the structure of the thing).
    I found his world dreary, his Superman stupid and I mean stupid as in intelligence not just when people call a character they dislike stupid, and his Batman was psychotic to me. I hated his foundation and would had voted complete DCEU reboot until Wonder Woman. I also conceded the WB did the DCEU no favors.

I never said Snyder was blameless either. And WB deserves the most blame.

Is it know if WB will polish Mustachegate for the BluRay release? Its sad enough they won't release an extended version but thats IMO something they simply have to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Is it know if WB will polish Mustachegate for the BluRay release? Its sad enough they won't release an extended version but thats IMO something they simply have to do.
    How do you even do that short of waiting until Cavill is allowed to shave and do another round of reshoots?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The first Wonder Woman film was constantly being bombarded with rumors that it was doomed or going to be a mess, and look how that turned out.
    Too be honest until DC Films has a run of 3-4 critical darling films, this will probably be the norm regardless of the movie in question.

And WB have no one to blame but themselves they have failed to take control of the narrative early and quash down on leaks and rumours, which have had an immense negative impact on public perception.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Because it's not like Whedon couldn't have made a poor movie on his own. I guess we forgot Age if Ultron exists.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because it's not like Whedon couldn't have made a poor movie on his own. I guess we forgot Age if Ultron exists.
    Most critics gave positive reviews for age of ultron,well most gave negative reviews for justice league.
    Most of the audiences that have seen both gave them positive reviews.
    Anyway most critics thought it was a really good film(not a poor film) looking at the scores.

Age of ultron by the way made way more money then justice league.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Too be honest until DC Films has a run of 3-4 critical darling films, this will probably be the norm regardless of the movie in question.

And WB have no one to blame but themselves they have failed to take control of the narrative early and quash down on leaks and rumours, which have had an immense negative impact on public perception.
    You're probably right, but it still seems like a waste of energy to worry about Wonder Woman at this point, IMO.

The rest of it though...I just pray they aren't stupid enough to interfere with James Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Most critics gave positive reviews for age of ultron,well most gave negative reviews for justice league.
    Most of the audiences that have seen both gave them positive reviews.
    Anyway most critics thought it was a really good film(not a poor film) looking at the scores.

Age of ultron by the way made way more money then justice league.
    Age of Ultron was definitely more well received than JL, but that's not saying much. Fandom didn't embrace it nearly as much as the first film, and Whedon got a ton of flack for his treatment of Widow in particular. Overall, it seems to have earned a reputation of "So okay, it's average." And now the Russo brothers have Infinity War.