Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Why do they spend so much time/money shooting all these scenes if they'll just be cut from the final version? Do they not care about plot building or do they 2nd guess themselves to death?
    well after test audiences and execs viewed Snyder's first cut of the movie it was called "unwatchable". so they cut it to pieces with a 2 hour mandate and took the hit.
    turd sandwich, take a bite and smile.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-09-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Marvel build its Universe by establishing the superheroes first. It seems DC is now moving in the direction of establishing it's villains. I like it. It seems like within a few years there will be a solid InJustice Society and with that perhaps another Justice League movie. One actually worth watching because of villains will be something people will be interested in. I honestly think this is the way to move forward. Bring on Lobo bring on the Joker bring on Black Adam. Bring on Deathstroke
    I still feel like heroes get people in the door though.

We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A good script with good humor can mitigate that, no problem.
    Well I liked Pain and Gain if that counts as Bay comedy...

But would definitely prefer they prioritize a director who can do good comedy and dialogue over action for a Lobo movie.

Also If they get Bay it pretty much means they are committing critical suicide, might actually have a movie in the DCEU with a lower Rotten Tomatoes than Suicide Squad.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Part of the Bonus Superman scene on the Justice League BR has leaked. Watch it while you can!
    Man what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

We'll see how it goes.
    I think if you're doing it right that should be the case.

Part of the Bonus Superman scene on the Justice League BR has leaked. Watch it while you can!
    I guess Superman wasn't smiling enough in this scene so they felt the need to cut it from the theatrical, still nice though.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

We'll see how it goes.
    For all the crap Marvel gets they got for their "Weak" villains they made a smart move they knew most villains are one offs and concentrated on the heroes because they're who the audience is going to come back for and if you look at the reactions to their trailers and films people genuinely care for the MCU heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I'm hearing WB wants this Lobo film to be its answer to Deadpool. Not sure I see that panning out.
    WB are going very wrong again. they already have a good answer to Deadpool. Deathstroke. WB should focus on building a Gotham style universe with DeathStroke as a major reoccuring character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Lobo is a comedy character. Bay doesn't do funny.
    Pain and Gain is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A good script with good humor can mitigate that, no problem.
    I doubt that. Translating a script to screen is different. And good script, good humor are a lot of ifs.

A beautiful scene. But ultimately pointless. Good as additional material for fans. But it does not add anything to the film's narrative.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First look at Sivana Industrkes' Logo...

Finally we'll see Mark Strong playing an evil bald industrialist.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    well after test audiences and execs viewed Snyder's first cut of the movie it was called "unwatchable". so they cut it to pieces with a 2 hour mandate and took the hit.
    turd sandwich, take a bite and smile.
    I remember the "unwatchable" claims. They were made about WW too. They came out back in January 2017, before a working print of either movie had been put together. Remember, WW's music wasn't added to the film until mid February, and JL didn't have it's soundtrack added until late July/August.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    For all the crap Marvel gets they got for their "Weak" villains they made a smart move they knew most villains are one offs and concentrated on the heroes because they're who the audience is going to come back for and if you look at the reactions to their trailers and films people genuinely care for the MCU heroes.
    That is the right move for Marvel. People actually care for the heroes. These villain films aren't even villains. Suicide Squad tries to remind us that they are the bad guys when clearly they are the good guys. Doing stuff that good guys do in a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at Sivana Industrkes' Logo...

Finally we'll see Mark Strong playing an evil bald industrialist.
    Looks very "X-Men-esque."
    Always Forward. Forward Always.