If McKays statements about official news regarding the Nightwing movie coming some time next week are true, it would make sense for WB to also give a proper statement regarding Matt Reeves' Batman movie (how it will connect to the Nightwing movie , casting, a release date...), which in turn would make for a good basis to indicate what the plans for the DCEU will be moving forward. Walter Hamada has been in charge a month now, is there any chance he's had enough time to help set up a new direction for the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at Sivana Industrkes' Logo...

Finally we'll see Mark Strong playing an evil bald industrialist.
    WB certainly aren't breaking a sweat trying to position Shazam as it's own thing from the Superman mythos...
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 02-11-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Looks like synder leaving on his own may have been PR spin. WB may have fired him!

Edit-looks like a lot of reporters knew about this then but didn't report it due to his family loss.

Last edited by Gaastra; 02-11-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like synder leaving on his own may have been PR spin. WB may have fired him!

Edit-looks like a lot of reporters knew about this then but didn't report it due to his family loss.

How shocking. It's not like a small contingent of us here tried to spell this obvious maneuver out to everyone else and were ridiculed.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    If McKays statements about official news regarding the Nightwing movie coming some time next week are true, it would make sense for WB to also give a proper statement regarding Matt Reeves' Batman movie (how it will connect to the Nightwing movie , casting, a release date...), which in turn would make for a good basis to indicate what the plans for the DCEU will be moving forward. Walter Hamada has been in charge a month now, is there any chance he's had enough time to help set up a new direction for the franchise?
    It's hard to announce firms plans for a DC Universe when you have no idea what's happening with Batman. Affleck and Reeves, and the lack of clarity on that movie, are probably a big reason why the new direction of these movies isn't known.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    It's hard to announce firms plans for a DC Universe when you have no idea what's happening with Batman. Affleck and Reeves, and the lack of clarity on that movie, are probably a big reason why the new direction of these movies isn't known.
    Oh I agree, but the new management has had some time to think things through, and whatever reactions they needed to gauge with Justice League should have been gauged by now, so if they've ever had some kind of cohesive plan, next week would be a good time to come out with it. I'm not expecting a full slate of films with directors, writers and actors attached, but some kind of statement of intent would be nice.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Mighty Member

Oh I agree, but the new management has had some time to think things through, and whatever reactions they needed to gauge with Justice League should have been gauged by now, so if they've ever had some kind of cohesive plan, next week would be a good time to come out with it. I'm not expecting a full slate of films with directors, writers and actors attached, but some kind of statement of intent would be nice.
    Why do you think next week? To counter the Black Panther premiere?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Why do you think next week? To counter the Black Panther premiere?
    Nope, just that Chris McCkay said that he'd be able to share some official news about the Nightwing movie around Valentine's Day, which would be an obvious opportunity for WB to give some kind of definite statement regarding the Batman movie as well, and if they're talking about how or if those two are connected, that should give us some kind of idea regarding how they will be going forward with the DCEU.
    As of now:

Mighty Member

Nope, just that Chris McCkay said that he'd be able to share some official news about the Nightwing movie around Valentine's Day, which would be an obvious opportunity for WB to give some kind of definite statement regarding the Batman movie as well, and if they're talking about how or if those two are connected, that should give us some kind of idea regarding how they will be going forward with the DCEU.
    Oh Ok. I haven't been following any of the Nightwing tweets from McKay. While I think it is great that he is getting a movie I think it is a little flimsy to make a Nightwing movie before you get the the JL members' solos sorted out first. It makes it seem like an even weaker foundation and more of a "let's see what sticks and can make us some quick cash" approach.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/I_Am_MFR/status/962760977711329280

Possible details about Snyder's cut.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Oh Ok. I haven't been following any of the Nightwing tweets from McKay. While I think it is great that he is getting a movie I think it is a little flimsy to make a Nightwing movie before you get the the JL members' solos sorted out first. It makes it seem like an even weaker foundation and more of a "let's see what sticks and can make us some quick cash" approach.
    That's the way making movies works. A number of proposals, ideas are submitted. And then management decides which ones are viable and gives the go ahead to further develop the movies which have the
    most potential to make money. Just because the nerd vine reports all the possible ideas being proposed doesn't mean all of them or even any of them will end up getting made. So when you see a list
    of a dozen DC movies or four Harley Quinn movies or what have you, figure that maybe two or three of those will actually get made, and maybe only one, two at most Harley Quinn movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

If that’s true I’m glad there wasn’t a Snyder cut. I don’t want to see more of depressed “hardened” Superman. The hopeful more traditional Superman was one of the few bright spots of the movie.

BANNED

I don't think Snyder, at a very basic level, just does not get superheroes.

If this is true we might as well of called MoS, BvS and JL the "Superman can't make his bloody mind up" trilogy, seriously.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Orange & green for Halloween? WB licensing event attendee says the AQUAMAN movie costume shown is "exactly" like the modern comics version!"

https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/st...92087319777280

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think Snyder, at a very basic level, just does not get superheroes.
    This an accidental double negative?

I think Snyder loves the idea of superheroes as something he can twist and play with, but doesn't acknowledge/understand the value of them in their natural state.

In an AU where we got a great DC cinematic universe and it was as big as marvel, I could see Zack doing well doing a separate universe of elseworlds movies.