BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know, if I had a dollar every time a comic fan said this about a creator they don't like, I'd be rich enough to buy DC comics.

Seriously, what exactly is being posted in that tweet that hasn't been done before? Especially in stuff like Kingdom Come? At least this Superman's absence wouldn't be a result of him throwing a kiddy fit because he wasn't top dog anymore.
    I don't like the works of either Mark Waid or Alex Ross (particulariry Ross), but those two really get superheroes.
    Zack Snyder? Where is there even the slightest hint in his work he understands the superhero genre?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I think WB should consider Plastic Man as a feature film

He's funny

off the rails

immensely powerful

and he's an FBI agent

they could make it a goofy superhero spy movie paying homage to 60's James Bond knockoffs...
    See, that should be WB's response to Deadpool, not Michael Bay's Lobo.

Fantastic Member

Even though I don’t like it, Michael Bay is the perfect fit for Lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Only if he shows a newfound willingness to parody himself, because that's essentially what Lobo is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Yes, a character designed to mock everything Bay holds dear is just perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't like the works of either Mark Waid or Alex Ross (particulariry Ross), but those two really get superheroes.
    Zack Snyder? Where is there even the slightest hint in his work he understands the superhero genre?
    If by not getting them, you mean actually focusing on what makes them heroes as opposed to just writing power fantasy self insert mouth pieces who never have to deal with in universe critics that aren't just villains or straw men, yeah I can see how that's an issue for certain superhero fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Only if he shows a newfound willingness to parody himself, because that's essentially what Lobo is.
    I mean there is this video
    https://youtu.be/yj9yt1M7S-8

Really not sure where this idea that Bay can't take a joke is coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    I mean there is this video
    https://youtu.be/yj9yt1M7S-8

Really not sure where this idea that Bay can't take a joke is coming from
    True, and that's where some of my optimism comes from. I'm just curious if he can take that mindset into a feature film.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    actually focusing on what makes them heroes as opposed to just writing power fantasy self insert mouth pieces who never have to deal with in universe critics that aren't just villains or straw men
    My issue is that I felt like this is what he was trying to do (in BvS), but at no point did I think he actually succeeded at either giving me a new interesting take on superheroes or an enjoyable time at the movies.

However, there was something to it in MoS, which aside from a few rough edges I did like.
    Last edited by WhipWhirlwind; 02-12-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Ultimate Cut was an good film, the Theatrical Cut was just a mess, and the shared universe aspect was decent till those email files which was just a laughably bad idea IMO.
    Yup. Exactly. It tried to jump straight into a Justice League movie without laying the proper groundwork for such a film.

Fantastic Member

Black Panther tracking at an 165 million dollar opening. Wow!!! Want to bet a Cyborg movie gets fast tracked.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, however much we complain about what the final product of JL ended up being, this doesn't sound like it would've improved it much.
    What I don't get, is this: If any of that is true, wouldn't the script have tipped off what zack was going for. Why would WB allow the movie to film and then come back with we don't like the script? It makes zero sense. But then again, it is the WB and their level of intervention is beyond unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    For the life of me, I can't understand all this hate around BvS. It's probably the best super-heroes movies by far out there, being both an exellent movie on its own and what a shared universe should be... WB should have given carte blanche to Snyder for JL and told Whedon to change nothing and the film would have been better that what he was.
    A lot of people, including me, thought it was an incoherent mess that tried to do too many things at once. Batman fighting Superman should have been the focus of the movie with saving Martha the finale.
    But Snyder also felt the need to throw in an entirely different story as the 3rd act, Doomsday and the Death of Superman. And it makes no sense to bring Whedon in for Justice Leage if not to salvage
    yet another mess that Snyder made.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I think WB should consider Plastic Man as a feature film

He's funny

off the rails

immensely powerful

and he's an FBI agent

they could make it a goofy superhero spy movie paying homage to 60's James Bond knockoffs

and back in 2016 the big rumor was that DC was optioning lesser known properties to make more low budget films that could generate success but not completely fail the DCEU if they were to flop
    Sounds way too similar to Elongated Man on the Flash TV show. Funny, immensely powerful, former police detective. I could see why they would want a Flash movie even though there is a Flash TV show,
    because Flash is a major character. But I don't think bringing a minor character to the big screen that is basically the same as a character on TV is the way to go. I sort of doubt we will see a movie version
    of Green Arrow and Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Atom, or Supergirl either.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Agreed. I understand Snyder has his fans, so him being bad or good is just going down a road we've all been down before.

What I think both parties can agree on is that WB half assing it was terrible for everybody. They either should have axed Snyder post BvS and delayed JL or gone all in on Snyder's vision for JL. Using his leave of absence (if it even was that) as a way to make a last second pivot was just complete foolishness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yup. Exactly. It tried to jump straight into a Justice League movie without laying the proper groundwork for such a film.
    Apparently they had all the actors signed up, the locations reserved, all the support personnel hired, hotels, etc. So delaying things would have cost millions of dollars. It turned out they had to spend millions more
    to fix things, but it wasn't something they knew at the time. It was only after actual filming started that they saw the mess Snyder was making and realized he needed to be fired and someone else brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Black Panther tracking at an 165 million dollar opening. Wow!!! Want to bet a Cyborg movie gets fast tracked.
    Going after Marvel has done nothing for WB other than ruin great characters' reputation and lose millions of dollars. Nothing will change if they keep having this moronic reactionary mindset. They should leave BP break records and mind their own f***ing business. I understand the method of striking when the iron's hot, but they've proven time and again that they don't know how to properly do that. If WB decides to go after T'Challa too, it would be another colossal embarrassment for them and the DCU would once again pay the price for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-12-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Cyborg is a castrated Black Man with only Detroit as a Cultural background and the Justice League would overshadow his movie while most of his Teen Titans stuff will probably be removed. It will never have the same cultural impact or hype + BP has several decades as a solo character, a string of classic books, and has been an actual prominent leader amongst teams in comics. Cyborg so far has been super tech support aided by New God technology that will probably not really include him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Going after Marvel has done nothing for WB other than ruin great characters' reputation and lose millions of dollars. Nothing will change if they keep having this moronic reactionary mindset. They should leave BP break records and mind their own f***ing business. I understand the method of striking when the iron's hot, but they've proven time and again that they don't know how to properly do that. If WB decides to go after T'Challa too, it would be another colossal embarrassment for them and the DCU would once again pay the price for it.
    That and outside of being black T'Challa and Vic have nothing in common.