BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Spider-Man: Homecoming had Spider-Man and Iron Man in it and Black Panther's going to open bigger.

Thor: Ragnarok had Thor and the Hulk in it, Black Panther's going to open bigger.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was a Star Wars movie with Darth Vader in it, Black Panther's going to open bigger than it.

Wonder Woman is much more famous than Black Panther and his movie's going to open much bigger than hers.

All those characters are much more famous and popular than Black Panther and unlike JL had the advantage of great reviews and still will have smaller openings than BP. Like El Gato name value doesn't mean that much, reviews do. Trust me if BP had the same reviews as JL it wouldn't even come close to the $93m OW JL had.
    Spidey and Thor had to overcome the stink of their previous films.
    Rogue One barely had Vader.
    Black Panther has the backing of the MCU brand.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Wonder Woman did not make more than Civil War. It did make slightly less than Ragnarok and Homecoming but it enjoyed a great run nonetheless.
    I said it made more DOMESTICALLY. Wonder Woman pulled in 412 M and Civil War did 408 M. Wonder Woman had a near 4x multiplier, which is the best multiplier of any modern super hero film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    okay but I was talking about myself not "people" strictly myself so...
    Well, that was not exactly clear. Your post didn't specify. Sorry.

BANNED

Spidey and Thor didn't have the backing of the MCU brand?

JL had to try and overcome the stink of the entire cinematic universe it was in, being the sequel to arguably the most hated blockbuster ever is a pretty big hill to climb.

And Justice League barely had Superman in it, so really the only A-List characters they had were Batman and Wonder Woman. And even if Vader wasn't in it a lot his scenes were easily among the most popular in the movie. Star Wars is Star Wars though, it's bigger than any one character.

Um, Homecoming and Ragnarok had the MCU branding too so not sure what you mean with your last point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Spidey and Thor didn't have the backing of the MCU brand?
    They did but they had a negative as well.

They did but they had a negative as well.
    They also had the bonuses of Iron Man and Hulk playing a major part in their respective marketing. In the case of Spider-Man, there is a slight fatigue set in thanks to 6 films in 15 years and the third series in less than 10 years. And many people didn't find Homecoming to be as good as the first two Sam Raimi films.

But I think Thor: Ragnarok is pretty much the best case scenario and made close to the financial ceiling for Thor, barring a Civil War like film where lots of Avengers play a prominent role in his film.

Um, Homecoming and Ragnarok had the MCU branding too so not sure what you mean with your last point.
    As Barbatos stated earlier, Spidey had to overcome the stink of TASM series and Thor had been the weak link in the MCU prior to Ragnarok.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They also had the bonuses of Iron Man and Hulk playing a major part in their respective marketing. In the case of Spider-Man, there is a slight fatigue set in thanks to 6 films in 15 years and the third series in less than 10 years. And many people didn't find Homecoming to be as good as the first two Sam Raimi films.

But I think Thor: Ragnarok is pretty much the best case scenario and made close to the financial ceiling for Thor, barring a Civil War like film where lots of Avengers play a prominent role in his film.
    Yes in the end the positives overwhelmed the negatives.

Mighty Member

All those characters are much more famous and popular than Black Panther and unlike JL had the advantage of great reviews and still will have smaller openings than BP. Like El Gato name value doesn't mean that much, reviews do. Trust me if BP had the same reviews as JL it wouldn't even come close to the $93m OW JL had.
    I never argued against that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Wait one freaking minute. Shazam is set in Philly and not Fawcett City? Wtf.
    Billy is from Philly in the New 52 version

WB makes fun of themselves again.

[IMG][/IMG]

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    LMAO. It's funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I mean what else can they do at this point.

Still, DC's strength outside of comics has always been animation. And however people feel about TTG, it sure has its audience.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-16-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Is the official digital stream version of JL already out somewhere? Rumor is that mustachegate is extremely obvious in-your-face bad on the small screen. If you did not knew it was not that bad on the big screen (at least for me). It had a very tiny bit of uncanny valley feeling but having that worse on the stream/disk?

Have the steelbook specials of all the DCEU movies... that JL preorder I am about to cancel.