Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Are there really all that many movies that people did ask for?
    yes.............
    The J-man

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Shazam...

Not sure how I like the crazy texturing (it seems to be on virtually every cinematic super hero costume nowadays), but it kinda makes sense if this world's Shazam/Billy Batson is inspired by Superman.

Looking forward to seeing official shots and a trailer.

As for the Joker origin movie, ugh. The Joker doesn't really work without Batman, as their relationship is the most intriguing thing about the character. Take that away, and I lose all interest.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I love the little Tawky Tawny symbols on the buttons. lol He better show up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Not sure how I like the crazy texturing (it seems to be on virtually every cinematic super hero costume nowadays).
    I don't think they put the texturing on on purpose.
    It's just how the material they use happens to be.

Patty Jenkins confirms Kristen Wiig cast as Cheetah in Wonder Woman 2: https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...22803544690688

So excited to confirm the most thrilling news. Yes! It’s true! So incredibly lucky to welcome the sensationally talented Kristen Wiig to our Wonder Woman family. Can't wait to finally work with one of my favorites. And SO excited by what we have planned. #Cheetah!!! @GalGadot

BANNED

hell yeah!!!!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Patty Jenkins confirms Kristen Wiig cast as Cheetah in Wonder Woman 2: https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...22803544690688
    I've only seen Wiig in Zoolander 2, so I don't have any particular objections to her. It is weird seeing an actress known primarily for comedy taking on a role like this, but I'm interested to see how they play her.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I'm more curious than anything to see how Wiig does. Can't say I have much confidence, but I do have confidence in Patty and Gal.

Anyway, I think the textured look on the DCEU costumes is important so it doesn't look like straight rubber or spandex (think of Schumacher films...).
    Shazam's suit looks fantastic. I imagine the lightning bolt will have effects added on since it appears to be a solid rubber layer without any texture to make it "pop."

I'm fine with Wiig. Plus she has to redeem herself to the geek fandom after Ghostbusters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Would people here be OK with the current state of the DCEU being the default? That is, there's no real unifying vision or 5-year "phases" laid out, just one or two movies each year that sometimes tenuously connect or share a cameo but don't necessarily take place in the same world or continuity and doesn't build towards big teamup-movies? Or are you still waiting for some big message from WB that lies out more of a cohesive plans for the movies, similar to Marvel studios?
    That's actually the goal of the DCEU.

From Geoff Johns:

Our intention, certainly, moving forward is using the continuity to help make sure nothing is diverging in a way that doesn’t make sense, but there’s no insistence upon an overall storyline or interconnectivity in that universe. Moving forward, you’ll see the DC movie universe being a universe, but one that comes from the heart of the filmmaker who’s creating them. Some of the movies do connect the characters together, like Justice League. But, like with Aquaman, our goal is not to connect Aquaman to every movie. The movie’s not about another movie.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That's actually the goal of the DCEU.

From Geoff Johns:
    Right, I remember hearing about this and the Forbes box office guys actually suggested this exact thing: WB/DC needs to make standalone CBM movies that tell great stories. Don't worry about a singular coherent universe.

That's why I think they can loosely tease Legion of Doom with each solo film and then years down the line, have another loosely tied in team up of the JL vs. LoD. But there doesn't need to be explicit connections, so to speak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Right, I remember hearing about this and the Forbes box office guys actually suggested this exact thing: WB/DC needs to make standalone CBM movies that tell great stories. Don't worry about a singular coherent universe.

That's why I think they can loosely tease Legion of Doom with each solo film and then years down the line, have another loosely tied in team up of the JL vs. LoD. But there doesn't need to be explicit connections, so to speak.
    It's the right way to do it.

Filmmakers make their standalone superhero movies, without any build up or connection to other movies but still part of the same universe. It's all about the filmmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I love the little Tawky Tawny symbols on the buttons. lol He better show up.
    I wonder if Tawny might still be a tiger at the zoo that Billy visits?

Still a very unexpected choice but I trust Patty knows what she's doing from a casting front.

Definitely curious to see what kind of take on Cheetah we get from this.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Well...I've lost all interest in WW2.

Also, I'm tired of all the "I trust in Patty" nonsense. She casted poorly for WW1's villains, and did so again.

Was hoping they'd go less Hollywood, too. Now we've got another person who can't do stunts casted as a villain that's physical threat. That means another CGI mess of a third act.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 03-09-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Alright, then. I have some doubts, but I trust Patty Jenkins.

Also not sure I like the idea of Sivana being powered up. I feel the same way about Lex Luthor fighting Superman in a power suit: you're missing the point! The battle between Shazam and Sivana (or Lex and Superman) is supposed to be "Brains against Brawn." These villains can't, and shouldn't, beat their hero at his own game. They have to make him play their game.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--