Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bumblebee, battle angel, holms and Watson come out the same day plus Spider-Man spider-verse, mortal engines, fantastic beasts 2, and wreck it ralph 2 will be out as well and the queen movie comes out a week later.
    If Aquaman gets a really good reception, I can only see Mary Poppins presenting a real challenge to its box office. The king is gonna curb stomp all those other jabronis into oblivion.

Seriously, I'm aware there's a lot of competition, but I'm honestly worried primarily about Mary Poppins.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I think the disappointment of BvS and JL will affect it far more.
    Suicide Squad rated lower and was right after BvS yet still made over 300M. JL rated higher and was right after the highly rated Wonder Woman yet was box office disappointment. This makes me wonder how SS 2 will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Suicide Squad rated lower and was right after BvS yet still made over 300M. JL rated higher and was right after the highly rated Wonder Woman yet was box office disappointment. This makes me wonder how SS 2 will perform.
    We’ll have to wait and see, but personally I don’t think it looks too good. I honestly won’t be surprised if it ends up making less than the first thanks to the DCEU’s track record.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Too early to say how Suicide Squad 2 will do especially as we still have to see how Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman 2 will be received.

It may decrease in North America from the first film but overseas it could actually increase as China was excluded the last time around.

Part 2.

Look at that gorgeous thumbnail man, I don't even want to click on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Look at that gorgeous thumbnail man, I don't even want to click on it.
    If only the DCEU looked as good as that thumbnail .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Scorsese and Todd Phillips should consider Tommy Wiseau for their Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Apparently yes. I don't see anything good coming out of this.
    Curious, why? Its not like I'm a Bay fan but given his "SciFi setting with Muscle Men, Babes and lots of Explosions" expertise I think hes perfect for Lobo* if he does not shy away from adding some occasional gory violence. Some film-makers just seem to be a perfect match for certain characters or story lines. As much as I do not like the dark twists of Snyders DC movies and think its good he does not helm DCEU anymore (although not the utterly classless way it happened) I do think he would be a great choice for twisted dark tales like Flashpoint or Kingdom Come (aka MoS2**; Cavill should be look the proper age when they finally get to make it :P ).

*90ys (and current Rebirth) Metalhead Lobo; not the... whatever that experiment was supposed to be in-between.
    **If a realistic sooner MoS2 is around I vastly prefer someone continuing the more optimistic JL Superman.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 03-12-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: clarification

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Curious, why? Its not like I'm a Bay fan but given his "SciFi setting with Muscle Men, Babes and lots of Explosions" expertise I think hes perfect for Lobo* if he does not shy away from adding some occasional gory violence. Some film-makers just seem to be a perfect match for certain characters or story lines. As much as I do not like the dark twists of Snyders DC movies and think its good he does not helm DCEU anymore (although not the utterly classless way it happened) I do think he would be a great choice for twisted dark tales like Flashpoint or Kingdom Come (aka MoS2**; Cavill should be look the proper age when they finally get to make it :P ).

*90ys (and current Rebirth) Metalhead Lobo; not the... whatever that experiment was supposed to be in-between.
    **If a realistic sooner MoS2 is around I vastly prefer someone continuing the more optimistic JL Superman.
    Because Lobo is a parody character that mocks everything Bay stands for.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Because Lobo is a parody character that mocks everything Bay stands for.
    There would certainly be a great deal of dramatic irony involved if Bay were to direct a Lobo film.

I'm not sure how many people, both involved in the making of the film and it's potential audience, would actually realise such a thing though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Suicide Squad wasn't a Snyder movie which had completely different characters outside of a momentary Batman appearance. Wonder Woman wasn't a Snyder movie. There is a tie there that most can see outside of a select few defenders. Aquaman is much more tied to BvS and JL so there is reason to be doubtful not about the movie's critical reception but about its commercial success. WB should be very conservative on what to expect from SS2. To think it will open the same as the original is a bit naive.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Images from "Snyder Cut" deleted scenes (shots shared by Snyder on social media). The link has captions.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/12/j...snyder-photos/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar